Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Catwoman PF?

Or just have SS do something like this:

FLASH%20DC%20CHRONICLES%20STATUE.jpg

which DCD did and showed Flash "moving" but a pose that istill upright enough to fit in with the Superman and Batman PFs.

ewwww no! :lecture
This is actually what I mean when I'm saying Flash is really hard to convey in action pose.

Last edited:

The pose for Bats and Supes are static as well... It is all in the sculpt.

I completely agree, the poses for Batman and Superman are static and very generic and very boring. The statues themselves are well done and Superman is perfect. But the poses and bases leave a lot to be desired.

One the other hand, we got a nicely dynamic statue of Green Lantern, but an awful execution of the statue itself and still with a base that's not too great.

Is it too much to ask for a great pose, a great sculpture, great QC, great workmanship and a great base? Maybe.

ewwww no! :lecture
This is actually what I mean when I'm saying Flash is really to convey in action pose.

Sorry, can't understand what you're saying at all. What does

"Flash is really to convey in action pose"​

mean?

If you mean Flash is really hard to convey in an action pose, then you're right, but the DCD statue by Tim Bruckner that I posted shows a very nice action pose, albeit one of Flash stopping, that is vertical and would fit nicely with the completely static "Captain Morgan" poses that are being used for Superman and Batman.

You really want to buy his dusty statues?

They have been dusted already, they are perfect now except for all the statues with fabric. I tried to wipe down the heavy dust with a very light damp towel so far so good ;) but come on everyone catwoman dc direct is a great statue!

Then you should have no problem selling her.

I hope Catwoman gets a Captain Morgan pose and isn't turning to look over her shoulder like in the Artgerm pic.

so is it confirmed that this is a PF or a LSF????:dunno seems to be discussion going both way on here, with a bit of Flash thrown in...:lol

so is it confirmed that this is a PF or a LSF????:dunno seems to be discussion going both way on here, with a bit of Flash thrown in...:lol

Unconfirmed. It's all speculation based on the calendar pic that no one wants to admit is the stumpy LSF.

Is HAS been confirmed as a PF by SSC in the November section of their 2012 in Review page.

It was also confirmed that the pic from the Calender done by the ArtGerm is in fact the basis for the PFs design. Stumped arm and all:rotfl

mean?

If you mean Flash is really hard to convey in an action pose, then you're right, but the DCD statue by Tim Bruckner that I posted shows a very nice action pose, albeit one of Flash stopping, that is vertical and would fit nicely with the completely static "Captain Morgan" poses that are being used for Superman and Batman.

That's what I meant.
Personally I don't really like the DCD statue. MY favorite I've seen of Flash that was not just a plain standing-up pose was the custom that Averone got that's based on Flash Rebith #1.

flash_rebirth.jpg

mean?

Well, since we're talking about Flash, I'd like to post this pic :D Quite like this one!

1204_dcd_flash_zpsfccbccea.jpg

Assuming Catwoman is fully sculpted, how will Sideshow paint her?
  • Will she be gloss, matte or matte with gloss highlights?
  • Will it be one or several shades of black?
  • Will there be subtle blues or purple mixed in to liven the sculpt?
If anyone with painting expertise is able to chime in, that'd be highly appreciated. Or perhaps Sideshow has done other painted, leather-suited PFs that could be posted.

I'm worried the black will hide all form.

I'd prefer to see a pure gloss black. The burden of shape should be left to the sculpt itself.
Gloss black would look great under the right lighting conditions but terrible under the wrong :ohbfrank: I suppose the same can be said about any statue though.

I'm hoping for something similar to Black panther but more purpley. This way it's still new age Catwoman but with a subtle tribute to her purple suit days :love Slim chance of that happening though :(

Back