Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I believe all the collecting panels are now decided. So basically I'm hosed. Not sure exactly how I was overlooked considering I have a lot of experience speaking and putting together presentations. Plus I have a massive Star Wars print collection spanning back to the very, very, very beginning. Not to mention access to tons of print artists, ACME folks etc. Oh well... there's always C8!

Email Mary Franklin at LFL. There *may* still be some availability for such a panel on one of the other tracks.

I applied to host one of the collecting panels this year. I was going to organize one on collecting Star Wars Art Prints (not movie posters but art prints). Submitted my idea... got an email from Gus about how much he liked it and then never heard back. That kinda blows. I was even going to have a free art print made for everyone at the panel and bring down a bunch of super rare framed up pieces I have (including some early McQuarrie/Johnston stuff).
That sucks. Sounds like a good panel. If it makes you feel better, I applied to do a panel as well, and haven't heard anything since my initial email to Gus. But to be honest, my panel would have sucked in comparison to yours. I'm kinda relieved I wasn't picked (presumably). But I wish you had been! I suspect there were MANY submissions, and obviously they can't do em all! Perhaps they went with panels that multiple people had suggested, so that there could be more than one moderator.

:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

I'm getting too old. I go to shows now and my feet hurt after 10 minutes. What happened to me? I used to rock it for days on end....
:lol

That sucks. Sounds like a good panel. If it makes you feel better, I applied to do a panel as well, and haven't heard anything since my initial email to Gus. But to be honest, my panel would have sucked in comparison to yours. I'm kinda relieved I wasn't picked (presumably). But I wish you had been! I suspect there were MANY submissions, and obviously they can't do em all! Perhaps they went with panels that multiple people had suggested, so that there could be more than one moderator.

:lol

Was your panel about how to eat for cheap at a Star Wars convention? :lecture

Answer: buffet

There! Short 1 minute panel.

Don't worry Swabs. Ken is so old, he uses a casket to get around conventions. :rotfl
Kenbenobi :thwak furystorm

Was your panel about how to eat for cheap at a Star Wars convention? :lecture

Answer: buffet

There! Short 1 minute panel.
Kenbenobi :thwak UTtoyfan
FYI, they don't have buffets at conventions, cuz it wouldn't be as profitable. But if they did, I would totally do it! :lecture

Hopefully the delay is not because "Ice Cream Maker Guy" is the top billed celebrity :lol
I'd love to meet Willrow Hood! I'd be second in line, behind Shropt!

Back