Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing I remember about GenCon is the extremes; the CIII show store was a disaster, then the CIV show store was complete overkill with an entire hall designated for the space and shopping by appointment 24 hrs/day

We walked in there like 2 am and it was empty

Oh man remember that ! We had free reign of the place and the scalpers were still trying to get us to buy the limited stuff for them !

The thing I remember about GenCon is the extremes; the CIII show store was a disaster, then the CIV show store was complete overkill with an entire hall designated for the space and shopping by appointment 24 hrs/day

We walked in there like 2 am and it was empty
I concur! We ran into Jon Heder in the CIV store late one night. He was just walking around, shopping. Got a pic with him. He was pretty cool...
BUT I hope it was really Jon Heder. He has an identical twin brother! So it could have been his brother pretending to be him, and we'd never know! :slap

I concur! We ran into Jon Heder in the CIV store late one night. He was just walking around, shopping. Got a pic with him. He was pretty cool...
BUT I hope it was really Jon Heder. He has an identical twin brother! So it could have been his brother pretending to be him, and we'd never know! :slap

I remember seeing JJ Abrams by himself walking the exhibit hall on one of the weekend days; who'd a thunk it 8 years later he's probably the most important guest attending.

I think Anaheim's going to be fun.... but in a different way for me.

I really LOVED the last two in Orlando. I had my suite in the hotel and didn't have to do anything except drink, half-work and have fun. Being closer to home is a blessing and a curse. Love, love, love not having to fly across the country and waste days coming and going.... but it also eliminates the adventure feel to it. I know the Anaheim Convention Center all too well after the last few years of Wonder-Con. It's just going to feel a bit like "been there, done that" in terms of the setting.

The other bad element is that having it close to home makes me want to just save money by not getting a hotel, especially since it won't be reimbursed. But then the partying will be hampered by having to drive in/home each day. Only takes 45 minutes but it'll feel like I'm missing some of the action by not stumbling around a hotel at 3:00 am or eating Hot Pockets from the local gas-n-sip all hungover with Shropt.

The upside is I'll save a ton of money on travel/hotel expenses that I can throw at some swag at the show. Ah... maybe I'll get a hotel for a night or two. Screw it.

I really LOVED the last two in Orlando. I had my suite in the hotel and didn't have to do anything except drink, half-work and have fun. Being closer to home is a blessing and a curse. Love, love, love not having to fly across the country and waste days coming and going.... but it also eliminates the adventure feel to it. I know the Anaheim Convention Center all too well after the last few years of Wonder-Con. It's just going to feel a bit like "been there, done that" in terms of the setting.

The other bad element is that having it close to home makes me want to just save money by not getting a hotel, especially since it won't be reimbursed. But then the partying will be hampered by having to drive in/home each day. Only takes 45 minutes but it'll feel like I'm missing some of the action by not stumbling around a hotel at 3:00 am or eating Hot Pockets from the local gas-n-sip all hungover with Shropt.

The upside is I'll save a ton of money on travel/hotel expenses that I can throw at some swag at the show. Ah... maybe I'll get a hotel for a night or two. Screw it.
I hear ya, Swabs! But I would do the same thing, if it was local for me. It's hard to justify the expenses when you live so darn close. SDCC is a longer drive, so not as easily commutable. But for Celebration, I'd commute. Perhaps pick one night to stay over, so you can party late at least once...
That's what I'd probably do, anyway...

I live 45-60 min away normally but in the morning it would be 2 hours. Screw that. I liked CIV since it was 30 min via the train from Long Beach or hour and half + by car plus train was cheaper than parking. I am staying just be so I don't have to drive plus my room is really cheap. I do still need to add a night somewhere if the plan is to hit dland on wed.

Swabie. Bro. Hit me up we can discuss your party nights 😉👌

Back