Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I better be the one being felated! :mad:

images

Nope. Too late. gibby's probably already Photoshopping you two.

Yeppers! :lol

There might be something interesting to see at Disneyland's Tomorrowland in 2015. Star Wars news from D23:

The first phase is planned to get underway this winter with the closing of Captain EO and major “placemaking” work on the existing buildings that mostly date from 1967. The 15 months of work would wrap up by early spring 2015 in time for the 60th, and leave a new Star Wars 3D movie in the old Captain EO theater, new destinations programmed into Star Tours based on the seventh Star Wars movie to be released in summer 2015, and a freshened aesthetic to the buildings surrounding Space Mountain. Once the 60th Anniversary begins to wind down, the real work begins on plans to build a Star Wars speeder bike coaster on the old PeopleMover tracks, plus more Star Wars eye candy and freshened facilities throughout the land.

The biggest of the Star Wars offerings wouldn’t open until after the 60th is over, and the construction in Anaheim’s Tomorrowland would be in conjunction to a similar Star Wars expansion for Disney’s Hollywood Studios out in WDW.

I shared this privately on my FB, but I wanna share it with my fellow SS Freaks SW buddies...

I've signed signed a contract with WDI (Walt Disney Imagineering) to officially work as a consultant on a special "secret project" for the Disney parks. You guys can put 2-and-2 together and figure out what that means. :panic:

Obviously, I can't say much except that what I already know and have seen is pretty damn awesome. If they get full, final budget approval for this stuff SW fans are going to be over the moon.

Oh, and you'll definitely wanna try and make our Death Valley tour in April 2015. ;)

:duff

:lol

:rock

I shared this privately on my FB, but I wanna share it with my fellow SS Freaks SW buddies...

I've signed signed a contract with WDI (Walt Disney Imagineering) to officially work as a consultant on a special "secret project" for the Disney parks. You guys can put 2-and-2 together and figure out what that means. :panic:

Obviously, I can't say much except that what I already know and have seen is pretty damn awesome. If they get full, final budget approval for this stuff SW fans are going to be over the moon.

Oh, and you'll definitely wanna try and make our Death Valley tour in April 2015. ;)

Congrats, Carl! Must feel damn good to do some work in something you are passionate about.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

There might be something interesting to see at Disneyland's Tomorrowland in 2015. Star Wars news from D23:

The first phase is planned to get underway this winter with the closing of Captain EO and major “placemaking” work on the existing buildings that mostly date from 1967. The 15 months of work would wrap up by early spring 2015 in time for the 60th, and leave a new Star Wars 3D movie in the old Captain EO theater, new destinations programmed into Star Tours based on the seventh Star Wars movie to be released in summer 2015, and a freshened aesthetic to the buildings surrounding Space Mountain. Once the 60th Anniversary begins to wind down, the real work begins on plans to build a Star Wars speeder bike coaster on the old PeopleMover tracks, plus more Star Wars eye candy and freshened facilities throughout the land.

The biggest of the Star Wars offerings wouldn’t open until after the 60th is over, and the construction in Anaheim’s Tomorrowland would be in conjunction to a similar Star Wars expansion for Disney’s Hollywood Studios out in WDW.

Interesting news... Yeah, when I went to DW last year, I was surprised Captain EO was still there. I'm sure it returned because of MJ's death. But it needs to go. It is SOOOO dated. I hope they release a 3D BD of it, however.
The movie sounds promising, and any SW coaster ride would be awesome!
FYI, DW means Disney World in this sentence, not Doctor Who, and not Darth Waller! :lecture

I was thinking of hitting the Trek convention this weekend.

Oh yeah, that's in Vegas right? It used to be a HUGE show, with lots of sci-fi guests from other shows. But Creation Entertainment is money greedy. It is probably expensive now. I hate Creation. They are the worst convention company.

Thanks, guys.

They actually contacted me and Adam back in April, because of the Star Wars Road Trips thing. Initially, we were actually crapping our pants because here it is we just got approval from the National Park Service and blessing from Lucasfilm to do Star Wars focused tours in Death Valley... and then, boom... Disney contacts us. Our first thought is that they were gonna nuke us. :lol But it turns out their senior project execs at WDI just wanted to pick our brains about some stuff. We had a few meetings and then sent them a formal package in May. They recently got back with us and said they want us onboard in a consultant capacity. They're even interested in going out to DV with us sometime... with a handful of WDI project leads. So, yeah, pretty awesome. :)

Congrats, IJ! What would be your role as a "consultant"? I know you can't give specifics, but I mean, would you help DESIGN something, or just give your opinion on what other people come up with? What do you do for a living?

I totally want to do a Death Valley tour. If there is a thread going for that, please post the link.

Thanks, guys.

They actually contacted me and Adam back in April, because of the Star Wars Road Trips thing. Initially, we were actually crapping our pants because here it is we just got approval from the National Park Service and blessing from Lucasfilm to do Star Wars focused tours in Death Valley... and then, boom... Disney contacts us. Our first thought is that they were gonna nuke us. :lol But it turns out their senior project execs at WDI just wanted to pick our brains about some stuff. We had a few meetings and then sent them a formal package in May. They recently got back with us and said they want us onboard in a consultant capacity. They're even interested in going out to DV with us sometime... with a handful of WDI project leads. So, yeah, pretty awesome. :)

That's incredible. Who woulda thunk a book and tour would amount to something like THAT? Incredible opportunity for you guys!!! :rock

Congrats, IJ! What would be your role as a "consultant"? I know you can't give specifics, but I mean, would you help DESIGN something, or just give your opinion on what other people come up with? What do you do for a living?

I totally want to do a Death Valley tour. If there is a thread going for that, please post the link.

Well, without getting into any specifics, we will be helping the design team with ensuring that certain SW experiences in the park are as realistic as possible. They contacted us because we've been to most of the real world filming locations. So that should possibly hint at something. ;)

As far as the tours... we're in the process of setting up a Fall tour right now. But if you're planning on going out to California for CVII in April 2015, I highly recommend you plan on staying a few extra days after the convention and go on that SWRT tour...

Thanks, guys.

The irony being you gave up on the Wars what, 2-3 years ago?

Congrats, though, and I'm glad you're back in love with the Wars!
Would have sucked for you to leave the universe with all your knowledge.

Well, without getting into any specifics, we will be helping the design team with ensuring that certain SW experiences in the park are as realistic as possible. They contacted us because we've been to most of the real world filming locations. So that should possibly hint at something. ;)

As far as the tours... we're in the process of setting up a Fall tour right now. But if you're planning on going out to California for CVII in April 2015, I highly recommend you plan on staying a few extra days after the convention and go on that SWRT tour...

Sounds awesome! I could be persuaded to stay after CVII for this tour. What dates are you guys looking at?

So, something good is planned? What are the dates exactly? :panic:

Right now, basic itinerary looks like:

Monday April 20, 2015: Travel from Anaheim to Death Valley. Meet-and-Greet in the evening

Tuesday April 21, 2015: DAY 1 of Death Valley Star Wars Locations Tour & Photoshoots. Dinner Banquet for all tour attendees.

Wednesday April 22, 2015: DAY 2 of Death Valley Star Wars Locations Tour & Photoshoots. Depart Death Valley in evening.

Monday April 20, 2015: Travel from Anaheim to Death Valley. Meet-and-Greet in the evening

Tuesday April 21, 2015: DAY 1 of Death Valley Star Wars Locations Tour & Photoshoots. Dinner Banquet for all tour attendees.

Wednesday April 22, 2015: DAY 2 of Death Valley Star Wars Locations Tour & Photoshoots. Depart Death Valley in evening.

Awesome. Thanks! :hi5:

Sign me up for that Carl! As long as I don't have to make a payment right away. Your tease is making it irresistible. I want a spot on that tour, but it's so far out and life is changing so much for me, I cannot make a monetary investment just yet.

And if DW goes too? :duff

The irony being you gave up on the Wars what, 2-3 years ago?

Congrats, though, and I'm glad you're back in love with the Wars!
Would have sucked for you to leave the universe with all your knowledge.

Well, truth be told, I was just very frustrated with a lot of the most recent Lucasfilm productions. The prequels, Clone Wars, the video games, the Blu-ray set... all of that just burned me out. And it took 10 years to get the first book published because of dumb red tape and in the end we had to do it ourselves through Kickstarter. So yeah, I was a bit tuned out. :lol

That said... I have and always will love the OT and many other aspects of Star Wars. Even when I was "done" with it I was still very much active with the R2 Builders and the filming locations stuff, building my own Landspeeder, etc.. Those are what kept the flame alive long enough for me to jump back into the fray. ;)

Sign me up for that Carl! As long as I don't have to make a payment right away. Your tease is making it irresistible. I want a spot on that tour, but it's so far out and life is changing so much for me, I cannot make a monetary investment just yet.

And if DW goes too? :duff

Don't worry, I'll make sure you guys all get an early heads-up before the CVII tour announcement goes live. :hi5:

Awesome!

Crap, now I'm wishing I would have extended my hotel reservation. :lol

Well, truth be told, I was just very frustrated with a lot of the most recent Lucasfilm productions. The prequels, Clone Wars, the video games, the Blu-ray set... all of that just burned me out. And it took 10 years to get the first book published because of dumb red tape and in the end we had to do it ourselves through Kickstarter. So yeah, I was a bit tuned out. :lol

That said... I have and always will love the OT and many other aspects of Star Wars. Even when I was "done" with it I was still very much active with the R2 Builders and the filming locations stuff, building my own Landspeeder, etc.. Those are what kept the flame alive long enough for me to jump back into the fray. ;)

Yeah, not blaming you at all! I remember you talking about the book struggles before...and I still have my kickstarter book I need to have you sign! :lol - hopefully at CVII!

I'm just glad your back in the saddle full throttle and you didn't give up!

Back