Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in, General. Add me to the list please.

Will do!

I think I'll be going so add me to the list! Buying my tickets and going to plan the trip out now.

Will do!
One year mark tomorrow! :rock

One year. Hard to fathom, and also quite exciting!!!

365 very long days...

It does seem long, but I have much to accomplish. Plans anyone?

In before the fury...

One year to go! :panic:

:rotfl

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Anybody start their celebration fund yet?

My goal would be to have the two smallest credit cards payed off before then. That would make me comfortable. I'll still have a couple to go, and the car, and the student loan. But I'll be well enough on my way to being out of debt to enjoy blowing off some steam with my brothers at CVII.

No but I've started my "pay off my debts so hopefully I can start a Celebration fund, fund".

Ditto! And I haven't used a credit card since March 7… Cut them all up!

There it is!

:wave

I wanted it to be more epic, but it is what it is...

It does seem long, but I have much to accomplish. Plans anyone?

Between now and CVII just SDCC at the moment. I may try to go to NYCC but I think I'd rather use that money on CVII next year. I think the main thing that will keep me busy between now and CVII will be moving in with my gf at the end of summer and assembling my nerd den. :yess:

You guys going all 4 days? I think I'll just be going that Friday to cut costs and so the other days I'm in California I can plan with some of my old friends and family.

Between now and CVII just SDCC at the moment. I may try to go to NYCC but I think I'd rather use that money on CVII next year. I think the main thing that will keep me busy between now and CVII will be moving in with my gf at the end of summer and assembling my nerd den. :yess:

I'm going to concentrate on CVII. If I can swing a couple of days at SDCC on the cheap, I will. Or if something else in the LA area comes up, maybe, since I know lots of freaks from there too.

Have I added you to the list?

/me runs back to post 1...

You guys going all 4 days? I think I'll just be going that Friday to cut costs and so the other days I'm in California I can plan with some of my old friends and family.

If past Celebrations are any indication, you need to go all four days. Trust me.

My first was CIV, and I only went Friday. I enjoyed it, but lamented missing out on the other three and a half days. I vowed to do all of CV, and now I'm totally hooked. For me, it's almost like a drug, a fever dream of Star Wars that happens every few years.

Most of all, I love my bothers from here, and that's when we primarily get together. :1-1:

If past Celebrations are any indication, you need to go all four days. Trust me.

My first was CIV, and I only went Friday. I enjoyed it, but lamented missing out on the other three and a half days. I vowed to do all of CV, and now I'm totally hooked. For me, it's almost like a drug, a fever dream of Star Wars that happens every few years.

Most of all, I love my bothers from here, and that's when we primarily get together. :1-1:

Sounds awesome! Normally when I go to Conventions etc. I only do a 1 day deal. This definitely sounds like a lot is going on so I have to think about it if I'm going to do 4 days. I have to check and see what else I'll be planning before I make a decision. Already planning to buy my Airline Tickets and also planning to buy my Celebration Tickets but I have to wait on those until I know how long I'll be staying.

Maybe I just enjoy cons too much. The same thing happened to me when I first went to SDCC. I went for two days in 2004. Then I had to go every single day and pretty much the entire week from then on out. Until it became such a debacle...

I think you'll at least want to go two days. And maybe plan on Friday & Saturday, because the "best" panels tend to take place on those days...

I just checked and they have hotels available right now. Two of them, and one is they Hyatt at $189 per night. I'm looking to find my reservation to see what rate I got. The Hyatt is our party central right?

Maybe I just enjoy cons too much. The same thing happened to me when I first went to SDCC. I went for two days in 2004. Then I had to go every single day and pretty much the entire week from then on out. Until it became such a debacle...

I think you'll at least want to go two days. And maybe plan on Friday & Saturday, because the "best" panels tend to take place on those days...

I've never been to SDCC yet. I think once I move out to California in a couple of years I'll start going. I always wanted to go but never done so yet. I'll definitely think about going for the 2 days. That sounds like a good plan.

I'm going to concentrate on CVII. If I can swing a couple of days at SDCC on the cheap, I will. Or if something else in the LA area comes up, maybe, since I know lots of freaks from there too.

Have I added you to the list?

/me runs back to post 1...

Ya this SDCC for me isnt going to be like last year.... I dropped a lot of money there in 2013 but I'm saving as much as possible for CVII. I got the 4 day pass for SDCC but I might make a couple days set to just panels to avoid spending cash. I'll be skipping Comikaze Expo (LA convention) this year since I was so let down and disappointed in the show they put on last year.

Again, I was wrong. The Hilton is our party central. Which of course is stumbling distance to the convention center. :medic

Everyone sound off on your hotel, if you don't mind.

fury - Hilton

No but I've started my "pay off my debts so hopefully I can start a Celebration fund, fund".
:lol Good plan!!! We will NOT accept you skipping CVII. If you have to rack up more c/c debt, so be it!

That's not a bad idea, JJJ. I might have my wife put aside some money each paycheck (she does our bills and banking) so there's no surprise come April 2015. :lol
All you have to do is drink one less 6-pack each week, and your airfare is covered. Drink one less case each week, and you're totally covered!

It's always been CVII :panic:
This! :lecture

Try to go all 4 days if you can. If you need to fly in Thursday morning and be late, so be it. If you have to fly out Sunday night and leave early, so be it. But try to attend for as much as you possibly can. If you can't swing all 4 days, we understand. If you had to skip a day, I'd probably say Sunday. The best stuff usually happens the first 3 days. And the night-time programming (not to mention partying with us) is awesome. You don't want to miss Thursday night, if at all possible. It will be LEGEN... wait for it... SOME!!!

Sounds awesome! Normally when I go to Conventions etc. I only do a 1 day deal. This definitely sounds like a lot is going on so I have to think about it if I'm going to do 4 days. I have to check and see what else I'll be planning before I make a decision. Already planning to buy my Airline Tickets and also planning to buy my Celebration Tickets but I have to wait on those until I know how long I'll be staying.
I'm gonna look at flights NOW, to see if I can book, and how much they are...

I just checked and they have hotels available right now. Two of them, and one is they Hyatt at $189 per night. I'm looking to find my reservation to see what rate I got. The Hyatt is our party central right?
I think so. I forget now...

Back