Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect 1/6 figures pretty much exclusively. That is until I saw this. EX ordered. The gun behind the back is the coolest detail also and 21" tall is absolutely unbelievable. This is my first ever PF. Can't wait to see this guy in person.

Been adding this guy to the cart but can't seem to pull the trigger. Not sure if I want to start another line. He looks good but do I have the will power to just stop at one PF in this line...hmmmm....:gah:

Here's another reason to buy this PF:

250px-CobraCommander-150.jpg

HAIL COBRAAAAAA!!!

Yes, thanks a lot! I remember one year my parents got me that for Christmas. We didn't have much money a couple of Christmas's I remember. But, my parents always got us each one "big" gift. And, the Night Raven was it that year.

We got like only 3 or 4 presents that year, and that Night Raven meant the world to me.

It's actually one of the Christmas's that means the most to me.

Sounds a lot like one of my Christmas's, always loved getting the GI Joe vehicles and putting them together with my family.

That was one of my favorite GI Joe toys, besides the rolling thunder.
Rolling Thunder is a beast! still have mine put away in storage.

Here's another reason to buy this PF:

250px-CobraCommander-150.jpg

HAIL COBRAAAAAA!!!

Almost makes me wish the exclusive had been a switch-out leg and 'flying' dog so as to recreate that picture. :lol

Last edited:
Well after seeing the post with the picture confirming the gun, I just pulled the trigger, no pun and flex payed the EX COBRA COMMANDER! COBRAAAAAAA! have to say, as a kid of the 80's, CC and Stormshadow and Snakeyes were my favorites, but I'd take CC over both of them. Anyone have a ballpark when this statute will be ready to go out? Fall?

Put my deposit down for the EX. With each hour that passed I found myself wanting to secure this piece more and more. As a standalone PF I think the silver mask rules but for whatever reason I can't stop imagining how cool the hooded version will look flanked by PF's of Baroness and/or Zartan.

The head to toe detail is amazing, I love that his entire uniform except for his head, hands, and feet are fabric. Can't wait!

Maybe he's not selling as fast as they anticipated. I received a notice by email to order now! And I already have of course.

Sellout estimates? Mine has been blown...

Maybe he's not selling as fast as they anticipated. I received a notice by email to order now! And I already have of course.

Well, the timing of the emails is a bit wonky. If I had waited until the newsletter showed up in my inbox for the Viper, I might have been s.o.l.

Might have been planned from the get-go.

I got that don't recall seeing those, either. But then, I'm not interested in the bulk of what Sideshow puts out, so it could be that I just don't remember getting these before.

As for sellout estimate, I'm gonna stick with a week and a half. Of course, that won't be the "real" sell out, because a "2nd Chance Opportunity" will inevitably pop up once this is in-stock. Possibly before this gets sent over to the gift card list. I hope not, but Joes just haven't been great successes as statues yet and I'm not convinced that the PFs will be any different than the Palisades stuff or the dioramas.

I hope not, but Joes just haven't been great successes as statues yet and I'm not convinced that the PFs will be any different than the Palisades stuff or the dioramas.

I don't think SSC's dioramas have been hot sellers in any line (except for the very early Marvel ones.) I think the Palisades statues were a case of "too little, too soon." People who grew up with the classic figures weren't willing or able to plunk down for statues of those characters just yet. The fact that the line ended after Hawk and CC probably didn't help either.

That's my hunch anyway.

I'm sure you can wait on the CC PF though. If I hadn't ordered it'd sell out in a week then triple in price. Now that I've handed over a deposit you're pretty much guaranteed to get the exclusive for a nice discount with a gift card. :monkey1

I don't think SSC's dioramas have been hot sellers in any line (except for the very early Marvel ones.) I think the Palisades statues were a case of "too little, too soon." People who grew up with the classic figures weren't willing or able to plunk down for statues of those characters just yet. The fact that the line ended after Hawk and CC probably didn't help either.

That's my hunch anyway.

I'm sure you can wait on the CC PF though. If I hadn't ordered it'd sell out in a week then triple in price. Now that I've handed over a deposit you're pretty much guaranteed to get the exclusive for a nice discount with a gift card. :monkey1

Ha, ain't that the truth...

Oh I think the PF will be fine. I think if they release it at a even pace things should work fine.

Back