Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Placed my order for the ex today, I can't believe he's still available. I don't collect any 1/6 figures so this will be my only Joe item in my collection - until they do an Iron Grenadier Destro at least.

Was wondering now that the gi joes PF line iss off and running, how many PFs are you thinking that wee will see per year ?? Perhaps four ??

How long did it take Sideshow's first 12" figure - Snake Eyes - to sell out? The ex, I mean.

Takes a while for new lines to catch on. Even the first MOTUC figures were available for quite a while, now they sell out in a couple hours.

Mind you, 12" was much easier to swallow for GI Joe collectors, maybe.

(Ha, that's what she said.)

I'm sure that if a NRD wasn't attached to this, it would have sold out long ago. That's why I really love the new NRD's, it gives those that really want one a chance at owning one. Kicking all those folks or fake collectors to the side. It might never sale out until we start posting in hand photos, but nothing wrong with that either. Plus from what I'm hearing, Joe fans are really loyal to the 1/6 scale action figure style collectibles. It might take some of those fans a while to grasp on to a new concept of Joe collectibles.

Last edited:
I'm sure that if a NRD wasn't attached to this, it would have sold out long ago. That's why I really love the new NRD's, it gives those that really want one a chance at owning one. Kicking all those folks or fake collectors to the side. It might never sale out until we start posting in hand photos, but nothing wrong with that either. Plus from what I'm hearing, Joe fans are really loyal to the 1/6 scale action figure style collectibles. It might take some of those fans a while to grasp on to a new concept of Joe collectibles.

Or it might take statue fans awhile to grasp the concept that Joe fans only want 1:6 :)

Just a quick question... Has CC ever been depicted in the comic/cartoons wearing the hood with this version of suit? Or is this SS just making another potrait just for the Ex. sake? Because I only remember him wearing the hood with the first two picture suit.

Thanks to whom ever answer...:)

eq5wf7.jpg

SDC15853-1.jpg

Don't remember him wearing it with this suit..

2niqvip.jpg

Gosh, it's been a long time since I last seen a G.I. Joe cartoon or action figure, and I just couldn't remember that far back. But Khev & Triple CP thanks for shedding some light on this situation for me.

Same with the comic:

Day11CobraCommander.jpg

He frequently wore the helmet when he was going into the world. If he was hanging out at Cobra HQ or doing something more ceremonial, he would sometimes wear the hood instead.

Same with the comic:

Day11CobraCommander.jpg

He frequently wore the helmet when he was going into the world. If he was hanging out at Cobra HQ or doing something more ceremonial, he would sometimes wear the hood instead.

Haha, a bromance in 4 colors.

Another thing I don't truly like about this pf is the amount of cobra symbols that they put on him. 6!?! if you count the ex. hooded head.

A little much if you ask me. I would prefer him without the cape, belt, and knife symbols and to make the jacket logo much, much bigger.

Another thing I don't truly like about this pf is the amount of cobra symbols that they put on him. 6!?! if you count the ex. hooded head.

A little much if you ask me. I would prefer him without the cape, belt, and knife symbols and to make the jacket logo much, much bigger.

Sounds like someone is really just talking themself out of buy this now...:dunno I remember when you was happy about this, but as the days pass you just keep nitpicking this things to death.

Yeah well I kinda am. I want to love it. I really do. He's my favorite gi joe character, and possibly my favorite character of all-time. It's just that I keep finding things that bug me about it. When you have a certain picture in your head about how something could look, or should look to you, it's tough to accept something different. I'm not normally like this AT ALL. Not usually picky about artistic interpretation. Never actually. But this...:dunno

Don't get me wrong, I hope a lot of you are happy and I hope it breaks all your expectations. It just doesn't for me right at this moment.

Who knows, in hand pics may change my opinion, but for now I can't bring myself to pre-order it yet.

I DO like the gun recently shown though.

Back