Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My initial issues with this piece were due to my perception that SSC had modernized the outfit in a way reminiscent of Devil's Due. After flipping back through my copy of GI Joe #1 (1982) I saw that the PF is almost 100% comic book CC from the waist down (tucked in boots and all) and almost 100% vintage cartoon CC (1987 movie in particular) from the waist up.

I can appreciate that and look forward to having this awesome PF in my house.

will be glad when premium format & diorama lines canceled. one less troll in joe threads.

I may be new here, but that comment is rather rude. I don't know all involved, but you are taking a shot at PF collectors. I haven't seen too many taking shots at 1/6. Some prefer toylike figures they can pose; others prefer statues that are more along the lines of traditional art and conversation pieces. No reason both can't co-exist. I grew up with 3 3/4 Star Wars and G.I. Joe. I loved them when I was a kid. I like the 1/6, but it gets to be ridiculous paying 200 bucks for a 1/6 posable figure when for a hundred more I can get a heckuva large piece. But too each his or her own. Sideshow isn't th first time 12 inch Joes have been around and each time they've faded too, so I'd be careful with what you want cancelled. PF's are just a way to satisfy PF fans who are also Joe fans but don't want to collect a bunch of 1/6 scale figures.

I may be new here, but that comment is rather rude. I don't know all involved, but you are taking a shot at PF collectors. I haven't seen too many taking shots at 1/6. Some prefer toylike figures they can pose; others prefer statues that are more along the lines of traditional art and conversation pieces. No reason both can't co-exist. I grew up with 3 3/4 Star Wars and G.I. Joe. I loved them when I was a kid. I like the 1/6, but it gets to be ridiculous paying 200 bucks for a 1/6 posable figure when for a hundred more I can get a heckuva large piece. But too each his or her own. Sideshow isn't th first time 12 inch Joes have been around and each time they've faded too, so I'd be careful with what you want cancelled. PF's are just a way to satisfy PF fans who are also Joe fans but don't want to collect a bunch of 1/6 scale figures.

:exactly:...:goodpost:

Well said my friend but I'm just going to keep it classy and keep it moving, because I know that I was not being that rude towards anyone or collector. But I will say, don't waste your typing trying to explain or prove a point. Once again bro' keep it classy and keep it move. Because I'm sure you just was well as me, don't wish any Joe's line to be cancelled just because you or I don't collect that paricular line.

Last edited:
stay_classy1.gif

. . .thread.

Hey, I'm an equal opportunity collector. ;) I have several 1/6 including the selling out Barney Ross. Just prefer PF's but have total respect for 1/6th collectors and would never post I hope a certain line cuts out 1/6 and only does 1/4 or 1:1, or whatever the scale. We're all collector nerds that many look at as crazy for plopping down hundreds of dollars for "Toys" in their eyes. ;)

stay_classy1.gif

. . .thread.

You bet....:lecture

I think that's all I've been trying to do. Some just took my post and tried to turn it as if I was dissin' others collectors. When in fact, I was just stating how I feel and collect. 1/6 figurines are what they are called and I see no disrespect in calling them that, because I proudly collect Todd McFarlane 6" SportsPick figurines. Some just need to check my collection thread, and not get so offensive about the wording. I'm in the same boat as them just a different type of figurine I collect.

Exactly, we're in a small bubble here of usually respect and admiration based on collections, where outside we'd all likely be ridiculed for this hobby. So it's best not to fight amongst ourselves over wording. I mean some might call the PF's statues, large figurines, whatever. I don't really care what they are called.

Or like was said...Premium Format Figure or 12 inch Figure. SSC defines them both as figures.

It's all in how you want to take it. Your quote can be taken as a clear slam against 1:6 figures as being nothing but fad toys while PF's are considered work of art.

Also there are no $200 Joe figures. You can can get 2 figures for the price of a PF.

For over 45 years Joe has been a moveable fighting man. :rock :rock

Well, without tone, typed words often get misread... I will say that non-collectors would be more along the lines of viewing a PF as like any other statue where a 1/6 may be viewed differently. People I've had over are amazed at the PF's and have seen my 1/6's but not the same, except they did like the likeness of Sly in Barney Ross 1/6. I also think certain PF's are more art-like and others are more geek-like. So it's all a matter of opinion, I guess.

Oh cool, are we having a "I'm cooler cause I collect....." discussion?

Lets all just gang up and make fun of newbs, thats always much funner :yess:

If that doesnt work we can always bag on Josh...that never gets old.

I know in Transformers it was toys, cartoon and comics. Was it not the same with G.I. Joe? I always thought Hasbro made the cartoons and comics to sell their figures?

To Khev, yes, those were "movable pictures" men (and women) first.

Also, as a useless fun fact, Flint actually appeared on the VHS case for M.A.S.S. Device at least a year before ever appearing in the cartoon or as a toy. So he was an "immovable picture" man first.

Flint was my favorite 3 3/4 along with CC. Of course if they make Shipwreck with a 1/4 parrot on his shoulder that actually talks...I'm sold. lol

My favorites were always Stormshadow and CC along with Destro. Eventually the vipers. Never cared much for good guys except for Snake eyes.

Back