Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the same way man. The preview had me all thrilled and then full pics came out and it was just meh to me. Not really sure what it is, but something is off to me.

Yeah well I kinda am. I want to love it. I really do. He's my favorite gi joe character, and possibly my favorite character of all-time. It's just that I keep finding things that bug me about it. When you have a certain picture in your head about how something could look, or should look to you, it's tough to accept something different. I'm not normally like this AT ALL. Not usually picky about artistic interpretation. Never actually. But this...:dunno

Don't get me wrong, I hope a lot of you are happy and I hope it breaks all your expectations. It just doesn't for me right at this moment.

Who knows, in hand pics may change my opinion, but for now I can't bring myself to pre-order it yet.

I DO like the gun recently shown though.

I know exactly how you feel...not about this though, i think this looks Fantastic, but....i felt the same way you do when i saw the Daredevil CQ....huge let down for me!! :monkey2

All that I'm going to say and keep saying is..."In Hand Photos" This is going to sell just give it it's due time. This is a lot to swallow for the hardcore Joe's fan.

This is a lot to swallow for the hardcore Joe's fan.

Most thought the $100+ price tag for 1:6 figures was way too much, so I dont see a ton of G I Joe collectors running out to drop $300 on this line. By and large I think this is gonna be a hard line for Sideshow to push, regardless of how well done the pieces are. It will be interesting to see where the premium format line is a year from now.

I don't know about the hardcore Joe's figurine collector, but I'm going to get all that I can while the getting is good. 3 dioramas at least 2 PF that we know about, and if Sideshow dropped the line after that, so be it, I'm a happy camper...:yess: But like those hardcore figurine collectors feel about buying into Joe's statues. I will never buy into that collection with one red cent, and you can take that to the bank.

I don't know about the hardcore Joe's figurine collector, but I'm going to get all that I can while the getting is good. 3 dioramas at least 2 PF that we know about, and if Sideshow dropped the line after that, so be it, I'm a happy camper...:yess: But like those hardcore figurine collectors feel about buying into Joe's statues. I will never buy into that collection with one red cent, and you can take that to the bank.

Not sure honestly if you mean it this way but I get a sense that by calling them Joe figurines and figurine collectors isn't meant in a positive way.

No not that, but nice try JOSH...:rotfl

It just the way it reads. Kind of like when someone call us Doll collectors or calls them dolls. Its all in the context of how its written and I wasn't quite sure to be honest.

Its cool. You like statues only but understand a very large portion of folks here and joe collectors are 1:6th or smaller collectors. You're not gonna get far with folks if you make posts sound as if you're taking shots at those scales.

It just the way it reads. Kind of like when someone call us Doll collectors or calls them dolls. Its all in the context of how its written and I wasn't quite sure to be honest.

Its cool. You like statues only but understand a very large portion of folks here and joe collectors are 1:6th or smaller collectors. You're not gonna get far with folks if you make posts sound as if you're taking shots at those scales.

It's your world JOSH, I'm just trying to live in it rent free....:1-1:

I'm the same way man. The preview had me all thrilled and then full pics came out and it was just meh to me. Not really sure what it is, but something is off to me.

I know exactly how you feel...not about this though, i think this looks Fantastic, but....i felt the same way you do when i saw the Daredevil CQ....huge let down for me!! :monkey2

And had they made it the way I pictured, trust me, I would've been the BIGGEST pusher and supporter of this piece. It would've been the most epic thing to ever happen in my nerdy collecting world. Alas, it aint.

Back