Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To Khev, yes, those were "movable pictures" men (and women) first.

Also, as a useless fun fact, Flint actually appeared on the VHS case for M.A.S.S. Device at least a year before ever appearing in the cartoon or as a toy. So he was an "immovable picture" man first.

I was surprised by the amount of characters traditionally associated with the 1985 action figure line-up (Flint, Lady Jaye, Shipwreck, Crimson Guard, etc.) that actually showed up a full year earlier in 1984's Revenge of Cobra miniseries.

Destro seems to be a clear front runner for a PF. He's like the Dr. Doom of G.I. Joe.

I'd ironically probably prefer him in PF over CC. Just something about chrome dome. I'd even like Major Bludd or Zartan if they wanted to go that route. I really don't care for any of the female characters as PF's...

I may be new here, but that comment is rather rude. I don't know all involved, but you are taking a shot at PF collectors. I haven't seen too many taking shots at 1/6. Some prefer toylike figures they can pose; others prefer statues that are more along the lines of traditional art and conversation pieces. No reason both can't co-exist. I grew up with 3 3/4 Star Wars and G.I. Joe. I loved them when I was a kid. I like the 1/6, but it gets to be ridiculous paying 200 bucks for a 1/6 posable figure when for a hundred more I can get a heckuva large piece. But too each his or her own. Sideshow isn't th first time 12 inch Joes have been around and each time they've faded too, so I'd be careful with what you want cancelled. PF's are just a way to satisfy PF fans who are also Joe fans but don't want to collect a bunch of 1/6 scale figures.

was not initially aimed at you. but response shows double standard that exists among statue collectors. still hope they cancel so trolls leave.

was not initially aimed at you. but response shows double standard that exists among statue collectors. still hope they cancel so trolls leave.

What good does it do? All it seems is a mean-spirited comment with no purpose other than be mean-spirited. It's not like them doing PF's is keeping them from issuing one after another 1/6. And what type of troll behavior are you talking about as I thought you were taking a swipe at all PF collectors.

Are you referring to me? I don't get what you are implying.

Nah, you have a few months under your belt, just the trolling thing I'm not getting. It's trolling because we have our on opinion(with no dissin' other collectors). Just don't get that comment and that's what I was referring my comment towards.

Oh I see as I moderate a forum myself and run into trolls and was wondering what this forums definition was of a troll. ;)

^^^ Don't have idea how I'm going to display this PF, but was thinking that I would for the time being display him standing behind the CC diorama with the both having opposite portraits. Maybe even getting a display case made to house them both.

Oh I see as I moderate a forum myself and run into trolls and was wondering what this forums definition was of a troll. ;)
Trolling is, by my definition, posting with the purpose of eliciting a negative response. Not sure that I've seen much of that here recently, but I guess members will have different definitions of "trolling," both on this forum and on the other forum you are referring to, Collector ;)

I also look as them spreading false info, since the site I am on is movie related. But I can see them stirring up things. I saw an old thread about people saying Boba Fett PF wasn't PF because it was plastic. ;)

i collect both statues and action figures. i dont appreciate being bagged on, directly or 'discretely', because snobby statue collector feels his exclusive genre superior.

i collect both statues and action figures. i dont appreciate being bagged on, directly or 'discretely', because snobby statue collector feels his exclusive genre superior.

Yeah, like you I collect both. I don't get it either direction personally. You can talk about what you like without taking a shot of any kind.

Back