Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations. You are the equivalent of a Batman fan who doesn't like comic books.

Which is okay. Just don't expect your opinion to carry a ton of weight with those who actually appreciate the original source material and the heart of a brand.

All the weight carrying words in the Joe's fan base didn't stop them from making a PF & Diorama's...Just saying...:dunno

I'm in this collection for me not really worried about my words carrying weight... So don't get the point of your comment nor does it carry any weight with me...;)

With that being said I say we're about even in weight carrying words.

Yeah, I tried to like the 1/6 but it didn't do it for me. My personal Joe preference is the comics, well original ARAH Marvel run anyway, and I am currently building my CGC collection of them. The CC will be my one PF surrounded by the comics in rotation of display.

So there can be variations on how we collect! :lol

I'm planning on display mine with the Dio's & PF's together or at least that's what I hoping to accompolish.

That's the beauty of this hobby. It's all kinds of room for all types of collector not just one. I would agree and say that Sideshow may have over done it with huge ES, but only time will tell the true story. Other than that I'm on board with all of these PF's & Dio's until the wheel fall off. If they ever fall off then I'll be happy with what they gave us or me as a collector for my Joe's collection...:clap

All the weight carrying words in the Joe's fan base didn't stop them from making a PF & Diorama's...Just saying...:dunno

I'm in this collection for me not really worried about my words carrying weight... So don't get the point of your comment nor does it carry any weight with me...;)

With that being said I say we're about even in weight carrying words.

Its cool to collect whatever you want and like, I have no problem with that but you cant denying that based on sales the mass consensus is that people arent into them, and thats the bottom line.

Just cuz one person likes it, doesnt mean its a smart business move

Edit, the dios and PF line's will hang around longer as the margins are that much greater in them, or SS wouldnt make stuff that sits it warehouse to be liquidated at SDCC when you can combine GC's. EVERY single environment is still available, that either says someone at SS is actually retarded, or they can afford to have them sit and liquidate later on, im chosing the latter

Joe fans are figure fans.
I was willing to treat Palisades' efforts as an aberration, and give the overall Joe collecting community a chance to disprove this when Sideshow's statue lines first started out. . .but so far, I think that this sentiment--echoed by several present and former members--has been supported. Statues just don't seem to appeal to the Joe crowd. I was a defender of the alternative prospect for awhile, but I'm an empiricist and the evidence keeps building.

I still hope we get PFs of several characters I like, but I couldn't blame Sideshow a bit if they just got away from the statues altogether at this point.

yeah, i liked some of the pallisades' stuff. some of the busts looked pretty cool but even those i picked up felt like it was, i don't know, more novelty than something i was seeking to collect. there are a couple of charcters i would like as a pf if they look close to their arah outifts. i would love to have a se or ss that look exactly like the card art. i think if cobra commabder was the light blue color of his vintage battle helmet figure i would have been all over it. and to spent $300 plus on it i would have to really dig it b/c that is taking money away from my 1/6th collection. or in this case, the money i was going to spend on the pf i went and blew on stuff for my vintage collection.

That does not compute. :dunno

Ok, I see where I went wrong in this statement.

I should've said not all Joe's fan aren't action figure fans anymore. I think HT Joe's are cool, but I'm not a fan of them enough to collect them anymore. I would prefer then to be statues if I could help it, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way, but probably the most out spoken one about how I feel about HT vs. PF & Dio's.

For the average 1/6 collector, how many at $150 +/- a pop do you buy? I think the 1/4 collector pays twice what many 1/6 are but it balances out as they are larger and one takes up a lot of friggin' room.

s
Its cool to collect whatever you want and like, I have no problem with that but you cant denying that based on sales the mass consensus is that people arent into them, and thats the bottom line.

Just cuz one person likes it, doesnt mean its a smart business move
Edit, the dios and PF line's will hang around longer as the margins are that much greater in them, or SS wouldnt make stuff that sits it warehouse to be liquidated at SDCC when you can combine GC's. EVERY single environment is still available, that either says someone at SS is actually retarded, or they can afford to have them sit and liquidate later on, im chosing the latter

Com'on DeezN... you know that I'm not the only one here that likes Sideshow attempted new direction of Joes' collectibles.

I'm not going to say that a great majority of Joes' fans are on board with this new direction, but I'm a firm believer if the keep going more will crossover (most all of these characters Marvel, G.I. Joe started out in action figure form before being made into non-articulating statues). So, I ask why can't the same go for G.I. Joe collectibles? The Snakes Eyes diorama has not done well because of high ES and mostly because of character choosen or better yet not choosen. If SSC goes with SS vs. SE..e.g. like they did with Wolverine Vs. Sabretooth. I think that we would agree that this diorama would have been a pretty much universal HIT, and ES wouldn't have mattered much. Now the other two dioramas Zartan vs. Flint, is well on its way to being sold out and the CC diorama EX is sold out even with the NRD. That's saying a lot to me in my book. That these are starting to gain a little steam with the traditional Joes' fan base. Now the PF direction that SSC has choosen to embark upon I can see how some traditional fans would frown on this direction. But you also would have to agree that SSC wouldn't take this step in to murky waters just because a few of us out there wanted PF's of our favorite Joe's. Now I can't say that the CC 500 ES is being overzealous, but SS had to start somewhere just like with the SE dio'. Now maybe the following PF's released will not have an ES set so high, but you know as well as me that not may statue have this high praise upon its reveal...e.g. Silver Surfer.

Now after a little over a year it finally sold out its ES of 600 EX. And we know the beating it took about all the seams, long neck, anatomic disproportion etc... I know some PF's have never sold out...e.g. Rambo PF. We both know why that fugly looking thing didn't sale. CC PF may have large ES to some, but it's nothing close to the way that Rambo looks and I think CC has a bigger fan base than Rambo. CC hasn't had nearly the criticism of Silver Surfer comiquette took, so I think it's fair to say...in it's due time it will sale.

But only time will tell it's true story like the Rambo PF or Silver Surfer CQ.

in the last month i have picked up five soldier story releases. thats about my monthly 1/6 average it seems but that goes up or down based on what my ocd compels me to buy. i have only purchsed one pf/comiquette in the last few years and that is the new hulk comiquette.

As a fan, the 1/6th are more appealing to me as there's so many choices and most of the newer ones look really good, though some are different likenesses than the old cartoon or comics. As a collector, I like the PF's but the Joe line I think could be fine with just 1/6th's and no PF's. I looked at many of SSC's lines and I question some of their PF choices. PF's are a gamble as they are more expensive. I think they took too much liberty with this CC one and I'm wondering if I'll lose value on it when I finally get it.

I agree. Though there are some defenders here of the choice to focus on Red Ninjas, they are just too obscure to appeal to the broad Joe fan-base, IMO. Myself included. Never had a toy, never in the cartoon, only briefly played a role in the classic comics, they already got a figure and a starring role in SS's first dio. Storm Shadow would have been preferable.

Having said that, I don't know how much it would have helped the statue's sales. Flint and Zartan are my favorite Joe characters, and I don't imagine that piece is gonna do very well.

I like the Joe 12" from SS, obviously hot toys puts out quality stuff, but I don't open my 12" Joes, so I decided to pass on collecting the very expensive Hot toys ones I wanted, I just can't display open toys, I have just moved past doing that.

I love statues, but I also like the museum look, I know they aren't for everyone, but it makes me happy, I still have a full room dedicated to toys just misb/moc items, love the look will never change.

Having said that, I don't know how much it would have helped the statue's sales. Flint and Zartan are my favorite Joe characters, and I don't imagine that piece is gonna do very well.

yeah, and it arguably has two of the heavier hitters in the joe franchise as both are top tier characters.

Spazzy, out of curiosity, do you also keep your statues displayed in their boxes?

Well the EX of Flint and Zartan is now in the process of selling out. Maybe a couple weeks.
We'll see. There are many more cancellations to come, methinks. Then, there is always that stash of "Second Chance!" statues that tend to pop up mysteriously. . .of course, this isn't even getting to the regulars that outside retailers have to try and sell.

Back