Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Damn. That's a big Princess Leia.

I think a major difference is that there seems to be a big enough fan-base to really support a Star Wars statue line, whereas I'm not sure if that is the case with the Joe line. I personally like the idea of having statues, and am not one of the "sky is falling" types to proclaim that focusing on statues in some round-about way leads to the death of the 1/6 line, but I do wonder about Sideshow's ability to keep at the statues if sales don't pick up.

Of course, what do any of us know about Sideshow's internal decisions, costs, revenues, etc.? This is all really idle speculation.

Roundabout??? See LOTR and Indy 1:6 lines

I dont think that would happen with Joe because it is a figure line

But slow sales of 1:6 have been canned in favour of PF's that sold better, which is smart business.

From my understanding, the argument was that the Joe statue line was going to cause the 1/6th line to be ignored, which was going to contribute to its demise. I've not heard that said about LOTR and Indy, and can't imagine there is much evidence to back up such a claim.

Canning the 1/6 lines for statues because statues sell better is an entirely different argument. Very few have suggested that Joe statues had better sales potential than the figures.

Hmm, this thread needs more NAM. This PF looks great but JOE guys (myself included even though I have this on PO) would prefer more 1/6th figures. I'd MUCH rather have a chrome dome CC 1/6th doll than a PF. Just sayin'. :dunno Let's not get all PISStank on us here. :wink1:

From my understanding, the argument was that the Joe statue line was going to cause the 1/6th line to be ignored, which was going to contribute to its demise. I've not heard that said about LOTR and Indy, and can't imagine there is much evidence to back up such a claim.

Canning the 1/6 lines for statues because statues sell better is an entirely different argument. Very few have suggested that Joe statues had better sales potential than the figures.

Highly doubt its demise, but I would worry that the focus would shift and lead to an even slower pace than they HAD, it has picked up which is awesome to see

I would love to see the 12" figure line continue at its pace, and wouldn't mind seeing pfs follow the same pace....so many characters so little time!

Wish I didn't look up what fap meant, but lol, I got a wife to dress up as her for me(been awhile since she did, but it was fun) so no need to "fap" to a Baroness statue.

baronessgif.gif

Back