Cobra Commander!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to display him holding the cane up high, but without the ghey trenchcoat. That will be Cobra Commander to me.

The trenchcoat is cool and all, but it's just not RAH Cobra Commander to me. It's that Tim Bradstreet/Devil's Due stuff, which I don't really care for personally. I would have much-preferred a removeable cape. I just hope this isn't an indication of how far away from the core RAH designs that SSC wants to go. Snake Eyes turned out perfectly. Coat aside, I'm in love with the Commander. But I now have some concerns.

If they do Storm Shadow with the white trenchcoat, emo hair and shades I will kill someone.

The trenchcoat is cool and all, but it's just not RAH Cobra Commander to me. It's that Tim Bradstreet/Devil's Due stuff, which I don't really care for personally. I would have much-preferred a removeable cape. I just hope this isn't an indication of how far away from the core RAH designs that SSC wants to go. Snake Eyes turned out perfectly. Coat aside, I'm in love with the Commander. But I now have some concerns.

If they do Storm Shadow with the white trenchcoat, emo hair and shades I will kill someone.

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

that will tick a lot people off so surely they won't.....hopefully they won't.

I see. I agree about sticking close to the RAH designs but I really like the look of that coat right now. And if they do that to Storm Shadow I won't be getting him.

Well, the cool thing about the Commander's coat is that it's removeable so everyone gets the choice to display with or without. And without the trenchcoat he looks very much like the classic RAH Cobra Commander. So as soon as I get him, that's coming off (or if it ships with the trenchcoat off, it'll never go on). And a cape would be pretty easy to customize as well.

I still hope they intend to make a Battle Cobra Commander with his mirror-visored helmet and lighter blue fatigues at some point.

Don't worry about whether it will match RAH or not. The line won't last long enough to get more than 3 or 4 figures anyway.

And a cape would be pretty easy to customize as well.

Hey, I gots an idea... lets see if Captain Faramir can make us one :lol

I actually like the trenchcoat... its a cool look. And like Irish has said w/o it you still have a more RAH look. I think its inclusion is a win-win.

I really doubt this line will fold after a few figures... anything is possible. But high quality Joes have been a want for a long time. And the GI Joe fans are a pretty loyal bunch.

You think So?

That depends upon sales and cancellations.

I think it depends on what SSC puts into the line. If they do SE and CC then take 6 months to deliver them to people's hands and/or 6 months to offer another figure its going to lead to cancellations.

I'm sure there are people treating this line the way tomandshell is treating the LOTR line. "wait and see".

If SSC doesn't deliver timely on orders and offer hope via new orders how can they expect people to stay vested in the line emotionally and economically?

If I remember correctly with LOTR from the first figure Aragorn it took a long time for delivery and even the next preorder. IMO they practically gave it a fatal blow on day 1.

I like the coat and prefer this version of CC. He looks quite badass imo.

I hope GG goes on for a long time. From what they showed at SDCC I expect it too.

I like the coat and prefer this version of CC. He looks quite badass imo.

I hope GG goes on for a long time. From what they showed at SDCC I expect it too.

YEAH, you would think that all the effort, and bad assness, there's no way this line will end after a handful!! I see this line going along ways!!IMO.

I think it depends on what SSC puts into the line. If they do SE and CC then take 6 months to deliver them to people's hands and/or 6 months to offer another figure its going to lead to cancellations.

I'm sure there are people treating this line the way tomandshell is treating the LOTR line. "wait and see".

If SSC doesn't deliver timely on orders and offer hope via new orders how can they expect people to stay vested in the line emotionally and economically?

If I remember correctly with LOTR from the first figure Aragorn it took a long time for delivery and even the next preorder. IMO they practically gave it a fatal blow on day 1.

Most of their lines take 6 months to get in hand. The only line I think that was affected by the time it took to get in hand was 1/6th Terminators. It took almost a full year from order to delivery. That year gave several people time to cancel for other items or interests.

I don't think that will happen with GIJoe, there are just too many RAH and 12" fans.

SS needs to learn from the mistakes they made with the LOTR line and this line will do tremedous, keep interest going, give us info once in a while, show what your working on.
Not once a year show a few figs at a convention and expect all the fans to come running back. Before SDCC the SW line was moving at a turtles pace, and interest was waning.

Back