Cobra Throne Announced!--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am a bigger SW dork so I gotta go with the Emperor but the Cobra throne is just a site to see. Very regal.

From a design standpoint I'd say the Cobra Throne has more pressence as it's a giant snake. Oh and I really like the base around it too. Both are really nicely done though.

From a design standpoint I'd say the Cobra Throne has more pressence as it's a giant snake. Oh and I really like the base around it too. Both are really nicely done though.

I will put them side by side so they can play a wicked game of chess.

You mean you haven't started building your 1/6 scale Cobra Temple yet?

How big would that be? It'd be awesome but I'd also have to make a place inside for a cot as I'd be sleeping alone. :lol

The purpose of any accessory is to enhance the core piece. A great example of this is SSC's Jabba throne. It enhances the Jabba Sideshow produced. Here, I just think I'd wind up marveling more at the throne than the action figure who's meant to be the centerpiece. That and I don't want to have to offset another shelf to make room for the throne. It's a pain in the ass and limits the shelf above (or one of the many) to 7" figures and sometimes even smaller ones. If I wasn't getting rid of my 25th anny stuff, it might work. But since I am, to make room for the SSC stuff, not so much. :lol

Unfortunately, I just feel that the throne takes away from CC vs. enhancing the figure. Plus, the height would ruin my shelf display.

Welkome bak ass face :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

I may have to cancel too, or at the very least get it in and see if it fits and then send it back if it doesnt. Now that I have multiple troopers displayed with CC, I dont think I will have room for the throne. Also it may be to tall for any of my shelves :(

When I ordered, it never occured to me I would have no place to put it:duh

I have the solution to your problem, sell Jabba and put CC and his throne there

Given that the ol' lady was cool enough to allow a SW theme in the living room, that isn't an option.

Welkome bak ass face :rock :rock :rock :rock

I may have to cancel too, or at the very least get it in and see if it fits and then send it back if it doesnt. Now that I have multiple troopers displayed with CC, I dont think I will have room for the throne. Also it may be to tall for any of my shelves :(

When I ordered, it never occured to me I would have no place to put it:duh

:moon:moon:moon thanks for the WB kak breath! :p

Yeah, I just got overwhelmed by the sheer awesomeness of the piece and preordered it. Then, looking at it more reasonably, I'd lose a whole shelf of 1:6 to display it. Which, at this point, means I'd need to buy a whole other bookshelf or detolf and then figure out where that's gonna go and what's gonna get transferred. While I don't mind an excuse to mess around with the figures, all that just for the throne, which again detracts from Cobra Commander, seems a bit much (plus, they might not be deep enough). If/When Sideshow releases the battle-helmet version and it's chromed, I think he'll pull enough away from the throne to look good on it. So I might pick one up then. But maybe I'll go all weak in the knees and pick it up anyway when I see one for $120 next black Friday like I did the Carbo Han.

i may cancel this too. i'd rather have my CC standing in a detolf surrounded by troopers/officers/snipers. he looks more menacing that way. we'll see though. i won't cancel til the absolute last minute.

Nah, you guys, he looks more menacing on the throne. Sure they had CCC on the Throne at SDCC, but he looked dang good on it. Plus you have the troopers flanking the throne as body guards (until the Crimson Guards come that is). It will be a tight fit for me too, but I've got the room for it.

If you saw this in person, you'd have a real hard time canceling. That is the love/hate part of SDCC. You get first hand awesomeness!

And that would even be possible since there is the Holochess set! :lol

Oh crap, I didn't think of that! I guess I need to pick one up, I like where your head is at kid. :lol

Nah, you guys, he looks more menacing on the throne. Sure they had CCC on the Throne at SDCC, but he looked dang good on it. Plus you have the troopers flanking the throne as body guards (until the Crimson Guards come that is). It will be a tight fit for me too, but I've got the room for it.

If you saw this in person, you'd have a real hard time canceling. That is the love/hate part of SDCC. You get first hand awesomeness!

Word, this is how I felt about seeing Jabba in...2006? Or was it 2007?

Back