Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

What item are you trying to apply the discount to?

-SideshowAlex

Starboost, which went on pre-order first week of January or so. I got it resolved though, I sent an email asking if the code should work for that figure because as near as I could tell from the fine print it should be eligible, and they set up an order for me with the coupon applied without any fuss so I figured it was just a glitch.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

I think I'll use collect14 on darth malgus. I had proto fett ordered with a coupon, which I cancelled right before reading this update lol, but I want to wait for reviews of the fett before buying, and I can't buy it right away anyhow.

Just sad how many codes I let go to waste because the rewards points were better. Never again!

If I have pre-order from last year that I used a coupon code on will I get reward points 40 days after it ships later this year?

You will receive the reward points do to (minus the discount you applied) 40 days after that Pre-Order item has shipped to you, yes.

I used the valentines code on the Tony Stark mechanic on flexpay. The code took it and let me check out but now I checked and it doesn't have the code applied. What happened? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you used FLEXPay as an option, typically the discount is spread out through each payment. If you believe there to be an issue please contact our Customer Service department right away (contact details are in my footer) with your order number and they can investigate to find out if there is an issue.

Thanks!

-SideshowAlex

Nice to see the policy change. I've gotten a number of those coupons but I didn't bother using them since it wasn't worth it using a coupon and not getting reward points.

Awesome news! I learned the hard way how the reward points are calculated when I used a $15 coupon on Galactus

Alex, I used reward points towards my HT Man of Steel Superman figure. I have already received the figure, but will I be receiving reward points for the amount I paid, or is too late for this to be applied to the new policy?

You will receive the reward points do to (minus the discount you applied) 40 days after that Pre-Order item has shipped to you, yes.

^^^ Oh wow, so this applies to items we have pre-ordered already and haven't been released yet? I have an HT Robocop I pre-ordered last year with a $20 coupon and was considering cancelling and re-ordering with this month's coupon, but if I will get Reward Points for it, then I can order something new!

Alex, I used reward points towards my HT Man of Steel Superman figure. I have already received the figure, but will I be receiving reward points for the amount I paid, or is too late for this to be applied to the new policy?

If the item shipped to you within 40 days (as of February 14th, 2014) you should receive reward points at the proper 40 day after shipment mark that your reward points would populate in your account for use. If it is outside of that time frame then you would not receive reward points on that item.

^^^ Oh wow, so this applies to items we have pre-ordered already and haven't been released yet? I have an HT Robocop I pre-ordered last year with a $20 coupon and was considering cancelling and re-ordering with this month's coupon, but if I will get Reward Points for it, then I can order something new!

Correct. Items you still have on Pre-Order will receive the proper reward points once they ship to you.

-SideshowAlex

If the item shipped to you within 40 days (as of February 14th, 2014) you should receive reward points at the proper 40 day after shipment mark that your reward points would populate in your account for use. If it is outside of that time frame then you would not receive reward points on that item.

Sweet. That means anything that shipped after January 5th should earn RP. My last invoice from Sideshow "Invoice Date: 1/8/2014" :yess:

I also realize I have Iron Patriot and Mk42 still on pre-order as well as Robocop! This new policy change ROCKS!!!! :yess:

Thank you Alex and thank you Sideshow! I will pretty much order everything from SSC from now on!

I might as well use the new coupon on something else, or shave off $20 from my Batman Armory order if it will make any difference. ED-209 is my target.

-SideshowAlex

Ok awesome! It shipped on the 16th so I should be good then. :yess:

I also realize I have Iron Patriot and Mk42 still on pre-order as well as Robocop! This new policy change ROCKS!!!!

Thank you Alex and thank you Sideshow! I will pretty much order everything from SSC from now on! :yess:

Yeah, this is really going to be nice with all the armors coming out later on this year like 42, Patriot, Heartbreaker, Centurion, Boost, I could actually justify cashing in on Igor! This may even tip the scales on Red Snapper

there's really no point in ordering else where now. I hope we don't see a decrease in coupon code next month.

Wow!! This is awesome. Already have some rewards for Vader in my account.

In summary, my thoughts on the policy change.

humping-storm-trooper-o.gif

Amazing news! Not that I really order from anywhere but Sideshow but that definitely is another incentive to keep my business with them.

Thank you SSC for listening to all us collectors. Great move. I will continue to use them almost exclusively now. Its really cool to know that I'll still get some RP after using COLLECT14 to buy Malgus and Yoda!!!

Last edited:

there's really no point in ordering else where now. I hope we don't see a decrease in coupon code next month.

Well... for higher priced items that I can pay for in full, it makes a lot of sense to buy from out of state since I save 9% on sales tax when ordering from bbts or fanboy or somewhere. The $20 coupon generally just cancels out the sales tax on items, so now there is a nice bonus to ordering those ~$200 items from Sideshow. But taking $20 off a $400 item, then giving me rewards points on $380 just barely cancels out the $40 in tax I pay. Anything more expensive and the coupon would have to be larger for it to make sense. But I will pay the sales tax for good sideshow exclusives or when I want to flex pay a larger item.

Back