Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

wow. great news for the new policy. bad news for me though, i need to cancel my exclusive hot toys thor to still get a reward points and the february code. if ever i cancel my exclusive thor now, will i still re-order it asap? yes or nay? thanku. i'm still thorn with the two thors for dark world.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

Since the Thor EX is on waitlist now, you would have to get on the waitlist if you cancel your order, plus you are not allowed to apply coupon codes to waitlist items. Best bet is to hang on to your order if you were intending on re-ordering it or keeping it...

This is awesome news, definitely get a few more orders from me with this in place.

Since the Thor EX is on waitlist now, you would have to get on the waitlist if you cancel your order, plus you are not allowed to apply coupon codes to waitlist items. Best bet is to hang on to your order if you were intending on re-ordering it or keeping it...

Thank You sir for clearing things up. Appreciate your help. Kept my order for now but still unsure which version to buy (i know this a wrong thread to ask). Lol.

Boy I feel ripped. All my preorders are still available. Boba, Snake-eyes, Crimson Guard, Obi-wan, HT Snake-eyes & Storm Shadow, Baroness, Malgus, Draven and now White Fett... The only ones that weren't were 3 late purchases using a freight forwarder (Loki, Widow & Ironman), the Snowtrooper which only just sold out and um... Angelica.

My choice of cool seem to hit the sale bin more often than not and stuff I don't pick simply sell out!

This is a game changer! Now you can freely use the codes/RP's etc without having to do the math if its worth it, and/or losing out. I see alot of RP's getting spent pretty freely now instead of being saved up.

Someone mentioned a couple pages back setting up a flex with the v-day coupon and not having it show. Same thing happened to me. Ordered Maul and it would say the flex pay was less than $30 if I applied it (on page 2-confirmation) which it was not. If I went to page one and applied it, then recalculated, my flex payments were the correct amount but the code did not show on the order and (disappeared on page 2) the total price was greater than the flex amounts. I am waiting to see if it corrects itself before contacting CS. But doing it this way the RP's show up as pending. No idea what is causing the bug.

So, don't you all think that prices/shipping charges might see an increase as a result? It would only make sense.

Regardless, this is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, don't you all think that prices/shipping charges might see an increase as a result? It would only make sense.

Don't jinx it.

Well... for higher priced items that I can pay for in full, it makes a lot of sense to buy from out of state since I save 9% on sales tax when ordering from bbts or fanboy or somewhere. The $20 coupon generally just cancels out the sales tax on items, so now there is a nice bonus to ordering those ~$200 items from Sideshow. But taking $20 off a $400 item, then giving me rewards points on $380 just barely cancels out the $40 in tax I pay. Anything more expensive and the coupon would have to be larger for it to make sense. But I will pay the sales tax for good sideshow exclusives or when I want to flex pay a larger item.

You're right I totally forgot about the California residents who pay taxes.

This is a game changer! Now you can freely use the codes/RP's etc without having to do the math if its worth it, and/or losing out. I see alot of RP's getting spent pretty freely now instead of being saved up.

Holy crap, I ALWAYS forget about my reward points... I was only thinking about coupons but now I can start using reward points as coupons now instead of saving up for a whole figure. :yess:

Don't forget that coupons still come right off the top. With the new corrective policy, it's (finally) always worth while to use a coupon.

Shipping has already jumped significantly for International customers.
Prices have gone from $30-40 to $80-100 in the last year.

8L1jo0Z.gif

No way, they have sky rocketed already, I think were really at the point of being squeezed now. More shipping would be killer, I was quoted $120 for the P2 maquette which itself costs $1200. Taxes etc on top of all of that. I realise SS has no control over shipping costs mind.

No way, they have sky rocketed already, I think were really at the point of being squeezed now. More shipping would be killer, I was quoted $120 for the P2 maquette which itself costs $1200. Taxes etc on top of all of that. I realise SS has no control over shipping costs mind.

They do. They've always said International shipping is discounted to 'help out'.
Although it is probably still discounted it isn't anywhere near as cheap as it was a year ago.

Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

I'd take free shipping on orders of $150 or more (basically everything) over RP. any day.
Granted, I don't see that happening with intl' shipping but just a thought.

I'd take free shipping on orders of $150 or more (basically everything) over RP. any day.
Granted, I don't see that happening with intl' shipping but just a thought.

Free double boxed shipping please :lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

So just to see if I'm understanding this right: My Deluxe Vader that I used $60 in RP on was shipped to me on January 29. I read that all items shipped within the 40 days before February 14 would include the RP for the difference paid. If that makes sense, is that true?

Back