Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

So just to see if I'm understanding this right: My Deluxe Vader that I used $60 in RP on was shipped to me on January 29. I read that all items shipped within the 40 days before February 14 would include the RP for the difference paid. If that makes sense, is that true?
Think so. RP for the cash you used on that order.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

Shipping has gone up around the globe, it's difficult not to pass some of those costs on to the consumer. If anyone is curious about shipping rates, get the specs for the package you're interested in and then try them on the FedEx, UPS and USPS web sites to see what you're quoted. You'll be alarmed.

Shipping has gone up around the globe, it's difficult not to pass some of those costs on to the consumer. If anyone is curious about shipping rates, get the specs for the package you're interested in and then try them on the FedEx, UPS and USPS web sites to see what you're quoted. You'll be alarmed.

Very true - dimensional weight is brutal regardless of the weight of the item.

Current discount codes at SSC - and other talk that has nothing to do with codes

It is very bad, no lie. But when a company like Movie replicas direct is willing to ship a $579 1/4 EB Robocop and a couple of other things for free (US only, sadly) it makes me wonder why SSC can't. They get way more business than them. BBTS is even worse, and they don't even offer any sort of loyalty program. Oh, yeah, the "pile of loot" that involves waiting on your item in order to save some $$$. They are a great company to deal with, that is.

Granted, I don't own a business that revolves around shipping things daily like SSC does, I don't have all the facts either. Free shipping would be nice in lieu of RP IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1989 Batmobile was horrible$$.

:exactly:

I have a Tyco Tumbler I was going to sell to a forum member cheap, but shipping it cost way more than my asking price. It isn't heavy, just a bulky thing :lol

Holy crap, I ALWAYS forget about my reward points... I was only thinking about coupons but now I can start using reward points as coupons now instead of saving up for a whole figure. :yess:
ahh so it's nto just coupons?? sweet!
Don't forget that coupons still come right off the top. With the new corrective policy, it's (finally) always worth while to use a coupon.
very true...now it's pretty much makes a lot more sense to order direct from SS

"FREE" shipping means you take a hit on your bottom line. There's no such thing as FREE in anything, anywhere, any time. Someone has to pay. So maybe this other place marks up their products to make up for what they lose on shipping.

Shipping within the US is much cheaper than shipping outside it. Even though I'm not in the US, I've recently switched my own business over to US shipping to get faster delivery times, tracking and much cheaper rates - I deal with a company that trucks down packages every day. I do this even for most packages that are going overseas as USPS is just that much lower priced than using Canada Post. I do shipping discounts as part of sales and even free shipping sometimes. I eat the cost then, but that's not something I can afford to do indefinitely.

High volume shippers like Sideshow get discounts from the courier companies - crazy discounts in fact. This is all based on destination. There will be one group for domestic (US), another for Canada and another for international. High volumes to one of those destination types doesn't automatically entitle you to a discount to another. Generally speaking, Sideshow doesn't have the lowest price shipping in the business from a customer perspective, but they're pretty good.

Now they just need to allow coupon use even on their free shipping items. ;)

Yeah, I thought they were bs'ing me with the 1989 batmobile shipping price, but then I found that it would've cost me almost 40 to 50$ to ship it to their warehouse from where I am.

Man having more head sculpts would really make a huge diff for this figure, still debating if I should get this one or wait for the Avengers 2 version in the hopes HT throws in more accessories.

Man having more head sculpts would really make a huge diff for this figure, still debating if I should get this one or wait for the Avengers 2 version in the hopes HT throws in more accessories.
Did you take a wrong turn? :lol

Shipping has already jumped significantly for International customers.
Prices have gone from $30-40 to $80-100 in the last year.

Gentle Giant had posted recently that there were changes in the rules of the shipping carriers for international shipping, which would increase the shipping costs. I assume it's the same reason for Sideshow.

I hate shipping charges, I brought the sideshow vader yesterday and the shipping was $73 :gah:

You live in New Zealand, I'm surprised it wasn't $200+ for shipping. $73 is frankly an AMAZING deal (steal) for shipping that box.

I hate shipping charges, I brought the sideshow vader yesterday and the shipping was $73 :gah:

I feel your pain. I nearly ordered it the week it arrived at the Sideshow warehouse and the shipping quote then was $58 to New Zealand :slap

The 1:1? That seems pretty good, almost half the quote I got for a 1:4 maquette and I'm half way lol....

Just received reward points for the 1/6 Cobra Commander that I used a $20 coupon to order from last year so it's working.

So I tried ordering malgus with the collect14 discount and rewards but it still only gives me one option...

Back