Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten two capes from lforigno and am completely satisfied with the quality. I also think he's done everything reasonable with this cape situation.

Keep up the good work lforigno!

A custom cape is never going to be 100% perfect. Expecting it to be as such is unreasonable.

:exactly:

When I got mine there was a little section that was cut incorrectly at one of the bottom tips. It looked like some of the fabric was folded when he did his cutting.

I never mentioned it because it only took me like 5 seconds to snip that bit off. Never thought about it again. :dunno

And I have since happily ordered a second. :)

lforigno rocks! I havnt purchased a custom cape from him but I would love to coz they look amazing! The guy having a go at him needs to chill - its just a piece of plack material for a batman figure after all! I made myself a custom cape and my edges were messy as hell but once it's on the figure you can't even tell. Plus lforigno isn't a shop - he's just helping out us fellow freaks!!

thanks for all of the kind words guys. Yeah I am not a shop, but I am by no means trying to be like some of the other customizers that we have all had problems with in the past. If anyone ever has an issue it will be taken care of no problem.

I bought one of the capes and it's bloody marvellous. All I needed was something thin to push it into the slots. Good work buddy and thank you.

After reading all that drama between the seller and the buyer, I have made a conclusion and have decided to purchase this cape from lforigno. Please let me know further information on what I need to do. I believe lforigno is a great business man with quality services.

I want curvy angles at the bottom, a bit draped to the floor.
Thank you.

I too am interested in a cape from you if you go back to producing them from velvet! Please let me know if you do!

lforigno DID do everything in his power to please you except refund you the money you paid him to customize a cape for you. All you wanted was your money back. As a business man, which you claim to be, you should know that refunds for custom jobs are hard to come buy. lforigno offered you a partial refund which was very generous on his end. He offered to replace the cape for you, and you refused what else do you want? As a business man you should've did your research on these capes. You would've found out that there is a little bit of work the get the capes to stay in. You should've asked him about a refund policy cause you obviously know that not all custom jobs will turn out the way you expect. It was obvious all you wanted was your money back and to keep the cape. I'm sorry but that is what it seems like. lforigno offered to give you a partial refund if you sent the cape back. As a business man you should know that no one will give you a refund and let you keep the merchandise. Try that at Walmart or Target and you'll get laughed out the door. lforigno did all he can to please you but in the end you were not willing to put in the effort to reach an agreement. Case closed.

Buying and envelope, going to the post office, sending it back is NOT a deal. Yes it takes time out of your day but if you want a refund go and do it.

I've bought 3 capes from lforigno and they were great capes. His customer service in awesome and he's one of the best to deal with here. As a new member, the next time you are looking to commission something make sure you do your research before you dive into it here or anywhere. Just a life lesson in general.

Maybe you should READ my posts before you make such a dumb statment. I didn't want the cape. I was willing to accept a 20.00 refund AND PAY TO RETURN the cape to him, but that wasn't good enough.

Oh Alex... I did READ your post. You say a lot of things in your posts, but only you really know what the truth is. You're that customer who goes into a restaurant and eats until their full then calls the manager over and says my food sucks. You didn't do this and this right I don't want to pay for my food.

I'm not gonna argue with you because it's not worth my time. For a member who's been apart of this board since March of 2009 you should know how things run around here. Just reading your posts in this thread we already know who the DUMB one is here so I don't have to do much foot work or defending on my part. Feel free to go back into hiding Alex.

If people want to defend each other, fine, but do so without the insults and name calling or you'll be punished. Even if you don't like what someone is saying, everyone at this site is protected from attack. The points raised in here can be argued without getting personal.

From a pure outsiders point of view - and for no other reason than it is a pure outsider's point of view since I've never had anything to do with these guys so it might be pretty objective.

There was a fundamental mistake make by lforigno when he didn't state there were no refunds as a condition of sale. I'm sorry but I don't buy the "it's custom so it's immune from refunds due to defects or not meeting advertised specifications". That's baloney and probably raised tempers unnecessarily. Even if that is standard custom fabricator terms (which I would hope that it's not) you can't assume customers are familiar with unwritten rules.

There was, however, a further fundamental error made by Alex where - when he wasn't able to negotiate the exact outcome he wanted - he came and quoted verbatim an entire history of business correspondence. I would never consider that a professional approach (and have worked for corporate and government organisations at all levels). The fact that lforigno (eventually and seemingly grudgingly) began to budge and negotiate an outcome reflects better on him and coupled with Alex's long correspondence quoting gives the impression that Alex is being a bit unreasonable (I'm making no judgements, merely saying what it feels like, personally, to me). But both parties made the initial mistake of digging in their heels and refusing to consider alternatives - and that's not good negotiation strategy, it's not good business (or customer) strategy.

Finally the Freaks board didn't help matters by immediately and unflinchingly flocking to lforigno's defence. Which would be ok except I should also add the word "violently" to that description. I've seen on this board (and only avoided being a victim of it myself when I kept my mouth shut about what I felt, and still feel, is a legitimate complaint) people leap to the defence of their friends when any "stranger" acts in a way that might cause them a problem, without necessarily looking at things objectively. Probably the least controversial example I can think of off the top of my head is Joe Donato - initial complaints were met with some pretty nasty replies, but they ended up being valid. Unfortunately as we all learn sometime, business and friendship are not a match made in heaven. There seems to be a tendency to not just defend a friend, but to do it to extremes and use attack as the best form of defence. And when someone else is defending a friend, others leap in to support them in their "battle for righteousness". And things snowball until you get random Australians who mostly lurk making rambling posts about business practices, negotiation strategies and mob mentality.

Basically I'm saying, from my point of view, there's blame to be shared all round, and instead of the response of "that was kinda a jerky thing to do, and it could have been fixed anyway" became torches and pitchforks. Let's keep some proportion.

From a pure outsiders point of view - and for no other reason than it is a pure outsider's point of view since I've never had anything to do with these guys so it might be pretty objective.

There was a fundamental mistake make by lforigno when he didn't state there were no refunds as a condition of sale. I'm sorry but I don't buy the "it's custom so it's immune from refunds due to defects or not meeting advertised specifications". That's baloney and probably raised tempers unnecessarily. Even if that is standard custom fabricator terms (which I would hope that it's not) you can't assume customers are familiar with unwritten rules.

There was, however, a further fundamental error made by Alex where - when he wasn't able to negotiate the exact outcome he wanted - he came and quoted verbatim an entire history of business correspondence. I would never consider that a professional approach (and have worked for corporate and government organisations at all levels). The fact that lforigno (eventually and seemingly grudgingly) began to budge and negotiate an outcome reflects better on him and coupled with Alex's long correspondence quoting gives the impression that Alex is being a bit unreasonable (I'm making no judgements, merely saying what it feels like, personally, to me). But both parties made the initial mistake of digging in their heels and refusing to consider alternatives - and that's not good negotiation strategy, it's not good business (or customer) strategy.

Finally the Freaks board didn't help matters by immediately and unflinchingly flocking to lforigno's defence. Which would be ok except I should also add the word "violently" to that description. I've seen on this board (and only avoided being a victim of it myself when I kept my mouth shut about what I felt, and still feel, is a legitimate complaint) people leap to the defence of their friends when any "stranger" acts in a way that might cause them a problem, without necessarily looking at things objectively. Probably the least controversial example I can think of off the top of my head is Joe Donato - initial complaints were met with some pretty nasty replies, but they ended up being valid. Unfortunately as we all learn sometime, business and friendship are not a match made in heaven. There seems to be a tendency to not just defend a friend, but to do it to extremes and use attack as the best form of defence. And when someone else is defending a friend, others leap in to support them in their "battle for righteousness". And things snowball until you get random Australians who mostly lurk making rambling posts about business practices, negotiation strategies and mob mentality.

Basically I'm saying, from my point of view, there's blame to be shared all round, and instead of the response of "that was kinda a jerky thing to do, and it could have been fixed anyway" became torches and pitchforks. Let's keep some proportion.

agreed. no one is blameless when things go awry. :lecture:lecture

However, going forward, i think its always in everyone's interest to want to make things better for EVERYONE rather than to insist on what is right.

Right of way for me tends to end up with win-lose situation rather than win-win ones. my 2 cents.

I think we were inclined to defend Lance because we want to help defend his reputation in the event that a third party was reading this thread and interested in a cape but were then discuraged by the comments of Alex. That was my motive anyway.

We have all said our piece and in my opinion, we should just let Alex and Lance work this out at this point.

Look I by no means want to look like a bad guy and neither does Alex. It is done and over with and we need to move on. I have no hard feelings toward Alex and to be honest I still feel bad I made a faulty cape. I wish I could har fixed it for him but everyone is entitled to thief own opinion. In the end I have no hard feelings with the guy nor should anyone else.

Back