Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As always vodoun, amazing pics! That OC Bats looks superb.

Gracias.

How does the velvet cape hold up against dust/lint? I would imagine it would attract alot of it. My spandex cape seems to be pretty fond of all the lint my place has to offer :lol.

I need to get me a lint roller A.S.A.P!

Not sure yet but I'm well prepared. :D

Sellotape with the stickiness facing the outside of your finger, dab away until no lint.

vodoun - that's a stunning display case. Any more info/photos of it?

Yeah, in the show your display section.

also, how did you pull off Bruce with the suit neck below:

Looks nice and in scale.

It's a sleeve I made a long time ago over the regular skin neck.

dscf8892.jpg

@Vodoun: Love your setup, dude.
Stunning pics and so crystal clear...

Terrific shots and set up vodoun.

Cheers fellas!

Vodoun, how did you attach the 2 cape holders that's next to the mask? I believe you have to cut them off from the chest so how did you attach it over the cape?

A small piece of black tape they are attached with in below. No cutting, soon as the pegs were unhooked the pegs broke. They are wedged in really tight.

Off the note, may I ask what type of camera you've used to take these?

Canon EOS 7D. Once it's all done centre unit and all whenever that'll be, I'll record it in HD.

Cape arrived today!

Looks SO much better!

100_3676.jpg

Just so I am clear, is the one pictured here the "long" or "floor length" version?

I thought I had settled on floor length, but it is unclear from some of these pics what the length is. Is "short" shorter than "floor length", or is it considered the same thing?

Mike

Just so I am clear, is the one pictured here the "long" or "floor length" version?

I thought I had settled on floor length, but it is unclear from some of these pics what the length is. Is "short" shorter than "floor length", or is it considered the same thing?

Mike

That one is the long version.

<I>A small piece of black tape they are attached with in below. No cutting, soon as the pegs were unhooked the pegs broke. They are wedged in really tight</I>

So just to make sure were on the same wavelength, you didn't have to cut the cape clips, you just pulled them off until they break then you reattached it with electrical tape right?

Sorry, I just needed to be exactly sure on what to do as this is my favorite figure and I'm worried pulling those cape clips for fear of tearing the rubber.

well I went out with my fiancee yesterday to the fabric store and they did not have any of the fabric so we went on a 40 minute trip to another store and found some. I have already made most of the capes and have plenty of material left. If anyone wants one please let me know. Again they are 30 for a velvet TDK cape and 40 for a velvet begins cape. Thanks

well I went out with my fiancee yesterday to the fabric store and they did not have any of the fabric so we went on a 40 minute trip to another store and found some. I have already made most of the capes and have plenty of material left. If anyone wants one please let me know. Again they are 30 for a velvet TDK cape and 40 for a velvet begins cape. Thanks

Thanks Lance for the 40 minute drive and working on the capes so quickly. This has to be the fastest turn around for any customizer on the board :clap

Nice to find out that the velvet cape is more screen accurate. Watched BB again last weekend and on the special features, when they talked about the cape, originally they used velvet. But when it was soaked, it was heavy. So they used the finest silk then frocked it with hair to give it the velvet look.

I'm excited to do this mod. The OC bats is my favorite figure and I can't wait to see it brought to another level with this cape.

Thanks Lance for the 40 minute drive and working on the capes so quickly. This has to be the fastest turn around for any customizer on the board :clap

I agree, thanks Lance for going out of your way to get these to us that much quicker!

no problem guys I just try to do what I what want to be done for myself. Thanks for all the support guys and enjoy the capes when you get them. please dont hesitate to post pics.

Now thats dedication!

If that would've been me & I couldn't have found the material at the first store, you _____es would've been shawt....:lol

j/k

all capes up until this point have been made and dropped off at the post office for shipment. So you guys in the US should be receiving theirs late this week whereas others internationally soon thereafter. Again I still have material left so let me know if you would like one as I am not sure when I would be making the 40 minute trip again lol.

all capes up until this point have been made and dropped off at the post office for shipment. So you guys in the US should be receiving theirs late this week whereas others internationally soon thereafter. Again I still have material left so let me know if you would like one as I am not sure when I would be making the 40 minute trip again lol.

Wow, dude.
You gave even the unpaid to the post?
That's trust. But you can trust.
Paypal notification of my payment to you will be there tomorrow about 4-4:30pm w.e.t.

Back