Custom Fireflys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember, you don't know how high his bid was. The auction says $0.50 but it could've been by $10.

True, I haven't bidding anything on ebay in a while but when I do, I come packing. Sometimes I'll bid $30+ of what it's actually listing or bidder for. Heck with statues or PF, Dio's really HIGH items that go into the thousands you have to bid in increments of a $100. :monkey4

i'd say try the balaclava you have over the trooper head. it should fit great cuz the head has no sculpted features. i wish sideshow would go the real balaclava route on their figures with sculpted masks. they would look pretty good cuz they have no hair sculpts or ears and noses. i like the half masks they have on the trooper figures.

i'd say try the balaclava you have over the trooper head. it should fit great cuz the head has no sculpted features. i wish sideshow would go the real balaclava route on their figures with sculpted masks. they would look pretty good cuz they have no hair sculpts or ears and noses. i like the half masks they have on the trooper figures.

:rock Thanks Craw, I'm thinking it should look pretty nice, it might fit snug since the Trooper head is a lil longer but I've never seen the Trooper head in person so time will tell whenever it gets here. I was thinking the same thing with the cloth mask if it were coming from Sideshow, sort of like the sculpted beret on Flint, it doesn't bother me but it would be nice to have actually clothing on their sculpts.

I guess sort of PF's 1/6 with action poseability :lol

Dude, give it a try. If it looks weird you can always just paint up the head!

:lecture :lecture :lecture

:rock Thanks Craw, I'm thinking it should look pretty nice, it might fit snug since the Trooper head is a lil longer but I've never seen the Trooper head in person so time will tell whenever it gets here. I was thinking the same thing with the cloth mask if it were coming from Sideshow, sort of like the sculpted beret on Flint, it doesn't bother me but it would be nice to have actually clothing on their sculpts.

I guess sort of PF's 1/6 with action poseability :lol

:lecture :lecture :lecture

You could always buy another exact uniform and cut it up to make the balaclava. I was thinking of doing that to mine. The problem is that I used a different uni for him and they are hard to come by. Btw, the painted balaclava doesnt look bad. A few pages back, I posted my FF, and I used the trooper head.

You could always buy another exact uniform and cut it up to make the balaclava. I was thinking of doing that to mine. The problem is that I used a different uni for him and they are hard to come by. Btw, the painted balaclava doesnt look bad. A few pages back, I posted my FF, and I used the trooper head.

Thank you sir, yeah I think I'm gonna slip it over the trooper head and then I'll know from there on.

To this:
SDC12782.jpg

Where did you find that bandolier, I can't seem to find anything similar.

While I can't speak for King, nor should I, I just used two belts. They work great, especially if they have some extra material to lengthen them a bit. Then they aren't scrunched up in his armpits. And those loops on the shoulders are great to put them through! Keeps them in place as well!

21st Century Toys makes them. They come on an accessories card or as a boxed figure called the S.W.A.T. Subdued Urban Camo.

They are getting hard to find. I wish I had gotten more of them as I have always liked the outfit and wanted to make a whole squad of troopers in that uniform. Now, with the great stuff coming out to go with the uniform...it really makes for great figures...including Firefly as you can see.

Thanks Darth Cruel...

what straps? I know I didn't use most of them when displaying SE, but I didn't think there were extras that were that long. I will have to check, thanks.

Sorry, the harness straps. I purchased another set (loose), and modified them. I think KD might of done the same.

Last edited:
21st Century Toys makes them. They come on an accessories card or as a boxed figure called the S.W.A.T. Subdued Urban Camo.

They are getting hard to find. I wish I had gotten more of them as I have always liked the outfit and wanted to make a whole squad of troopers in that uniform. Now, with the great stuff coming out to go with the uniform...it really makes for great figures...including Firefly as you can see.

Ok, so are we making this uniform the official, unofficila FF uniform? If so, I got to change mine then.

Back