Custom Fireflys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really getting bummed at waiting so long for the Cobra Sniper portrait that I ordered for my Firefly. I may need to get a second of those as I have decided that I really like my kitbashed figure...not just as a "Firefly" but as a general kitbash that I may replicate for the sole purpose of showcasing the very best equipment that I can find for it.

I am really getting bummed at waiting so long for the Cobra Sniper portrait that I ordered for my Firefly. I may need to get a second of those as I have decided that I really like my kitbashed figure...not just as a "Firefly" but as a general kitbash that I may replicate for the sole purpose of showcasing the very best equipment that I can find for it.

Where did you order your Cobra Sniper head?

I know what you mean I can't find explosives or dynamite anymore in 1/6 form so I'm making my own :lol

Where did you order your Cobra Sniper head?

I know what you mean I can't find explosives or dynamite anymore in 1/6 form so I'm making my own :lol

Dude! I found some cool 1:6 scale plastic explosive bundles...hold on, Ill find them.

I got my sniper head with body from redplanettoys.com for like 17.00 before shipping.

bomb.jpg

Here is what I found...you have a link to them in your PM...only one left.

O cool that's the detonator, I'll take it but I'm also looking for the red dynamite explosives...

Thank you brother :rock

Storerooms has the red dynamite. You get two of them for $5 shipped. They are quite nice.

That's where I ordered them in the first place but then I got a notice or e-mail saying sorry they are out of stock and he's sending a check for a $12 refund :lol :banghead

I wish he'd just paypal'd back to me, whenever I asked he said it was too late. :sick

Here is Firefly as I have him so far. He is just a little removed from the mainstream as I have a couple of the protective face masks and decided that that and the goggles would make him look "buglike" to match his name.

With the bomb:
DSC06767.jpg

A little better shot of the mask and goggles
DSC06768.jpg

I still need to paint the mask.

DC did you say you were going to replace that head with the Cobra Sniper head... or are you debating?

Looks very cool, I'll post some pics of my pack I've been working on and possible this dynamite if it turns out :lol

DC did you say you were going to replace that head with the Cobra Sniper head... or are you debating?

Looks very cool, I'll post some pics of my pack I've been working on and possible this dynamite if it turns out :lol

That actually is the Cobra Sniper head under the kevlar mask. But it is the one for my Sniper. The spare that I ordered has not arrived yet. The mask that is on the figure is just an explosive protective mask that came with the 2st century figures. It is just the front with straps that go around the head to keep it in place. I will likely paint that as well and use it as an accessoery as opposed to the permanent look.

Looking good Cruel! Very different take on him, but I like it. I get the "he played with fire and got burnt" a few times feel, especially with the hands.

Are those by chance "egon" goggles? I just bought a set from TA yesterday. And some of your explosives look familar too. Great minds think alike huh?

Well, here is my current Firefly explosive stash:

dsc01490r.jpg

I'm still not satisfied with the amount though. :D

I've got a pair of oil drums coming from Monkey Depot too!

Sweet, buttmunch! I want to get one of those cases, but I have seen a gym bag with explosives that I think i am going to do instead. I am going to buy that bag and hope that the inside is an insert that I can find a more tactical (read: black) bag for. The gym bag is sky blue. The goggles are the WWII DAK goggles. I think they are DiD. I also have a very nice pack frame that I am going to rig up a pack for him with. I would like to cap it off with some hand tools that I have seen around the net. I saw a box and tools that i can put on his pack as a nod to the original RAH figure from the 80's. I saw a small pack that would have been very cool to put above the box on the pack, but I missed the auction...I will keep looking for that same bag, though.

Edit - By the way...I really like the added touch of the propabne bottle and drums for some added improvised explosives!

Another thing...can anyone identify the boots that I have on Firefly? I really like them and want to find more. I am sure they are hot toys as they have the holes that fit the TT manequinn.

Back