Custom Fireflys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Skiman! The backpack does look better on him than it did off! The only thing I'd chance on him right now would be to paint his eyes brown. Eyes are the hardest thing to paint though. Its not a deal breaker, but Firelfy does have brown eyes.

Looks great Skiman! The backpack does look better on him than it did off! The only thing I'd chance on him right now would be to paint his eyes brown. Eyes are the hardest thing to paint though. Its not a deal breaker, but Firelfy does have brown eyes.

Funny that you say that.... they are darken :lol

Thanks BM :rock

These are not as new as the updated picks on here just because I replaced the boots with SE boots but it did have the latest update besides that, these were the ones I thought I had unloaded last night to post today... So here's a few more pics. I just got some Cobra Trooper hands today to replace these SS hands as well. :rock

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4476.jpg

IMG_4471.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4460.jpg

After seeing everyone making cool Fireflys, I figure I'd give it a go.

Here is my WIP of Firefly(still going to get SS version regardless). Still working on the uniform(maybe fade all the black to gray) and still need to make a backpack and paint the head.

picture.php

Looking good. I'd lose a pouch or two on his bandoiler and I'd get rid of the huge thing on his belt. He couldn't even crouch with that thing sticking in his gut. Maybe move it to his back?

Everything else looks great though!

Looking good. I'd lose a pouch or two on his bandoiler and I'd get rid of the huge thing on his belt. He couldn't even crouch with that thing sticking in his gut. Maybe move it to his back?

Everything else looks great though!

I hear ya, definitely going to cut off a pouch. The original figure has a pouch there(by his gut), but it's not as HUGE as the one I have on mine.

I was just thinking of a place to put spare ammo for his machine gun. I'll look at my extra gear and see if I have something smaller.

Thanks!
Rob

After seeing everyone making cool Fireflys, I figure I'd give it a go.

Here is my WIP of Firefly(still going to get SS version regardless). Still working on the uniform(maybe fade all the black to gray) and still need to make a backpack and paint the head.

Looking good Treb, keep it up :rock Can't wait to the see the head painted!!!

I like this shot Ski-Mun! Looks like he is on a catwalk high above the SuperDome ready to blow it up for COBRA! Very cool indeed.

It does Deak, I didn't even think about like that since it was taken from a much lesser height :rotfl

Thanks Deak :rock

So I'm midway through repainting my FF head. I used a light grey for the base-coat then did the first layer of camo on top of that which was a darker grey. This was Sunday so I stopped once the Superbowl came on....I only needed to apply black spots over the two layers of grey and I'd be done. Anyway, I didn't have time to finish yesterday but I took a look at what I had finished and it made me sad :monkey2. The head looks perfect with the two tone grey right now..... Anyway, I should be done with mine in the next few days. :D

Agreed. Mine personally is on a TT as I had the Jack Krauser boots at the time as well as some black TT gloves. My Major Bludd is on a Pro though. Destro too, although he could definately use a bigger bod, or at least some good padding.

I think a body only really matters if the outfit is tight or showing skin or if the character had a definate build to them. If they are all covered up, it really doesn't matter.

I am actually thinking about switching from the TT to the STT. I think the uniform will fit better with that swaeter under it if the torso is just a little smaller.

I went with pro, sweater fits very nicely with room to spare in the arms but nice and snug in the chest areas.

Back