Daredevil VS Punisher Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is only one max ongoing series. Garth Ennis wrote the first 60 issues and some one shots. I'm not sure how many collected editions there are, i read them monthly. I recommend reading them in order because some stories and characters run through out the series. I'd also tell you to read "Born" a Garth Ennis Punisher mini, it's great stuff like most Garth Ennis written comics are.

Born was one of the best things I've ever read in comics. Reminded me of Full Metal Jacket and Platoon. Beautiful stuff.
Made me order Garth Ennis' 303 straightaway. Waiting for that.
Never read any of Ennis Punisher pre-Max stories, though.
There's an Ennis Punisher omnibus with these I've been undecided about.
Are they any good?

Let the flame come on but I believe this might have the potential of being a better dio than Planet Hulk and Silver Surfer. :monkey5

my concern with the versus line is that instead of the originality coming from the sculpts, sideshow are settling for the basic one character jumping on another & trying to make the originality from obscure match ups

Where's my Daredevil PF? Now I have give Sideshow credit. This is a BIG step towards satisfying DD fans. So thank you!!! :rock

However, I want a DD PF because I don't collect Dio's anymore.

Born was one of the best things I've ever read in comics. Reminded me of Full Metal Jacket and Platoon. Beautiful stuff.
Made me order Garth Ennis' 303 straightaway. Waiting for that.
Never read any of Ennis Punisher pre-Max stories, though.
There's an Ennis Punisher omnibus with these I've been undecided about.
Are they any good?

Buy it dude read em all. Garth is the best Punisher scribe ever. I heard Jason Aaron "The Other Side" and "Scalped" (if you have not read these...DO) is set to write Punisher. He should be a good fit for it.

Where's my Daredevil PF? Now I have give Sideshow credit. This is a BIG step towards satisfying DD fans. So thank you!!! :rock

However, I want a DD PF because I don't collect Dio's anymore.

i guessing you should get one, with the punisher pf and now a punisher dio vs DD, the next will be DD pf, it just might take a year or two :lol:lol

As a point of reference, was the SS Spidey vs Hulk referenced from an actual comic? I think Sideshow's choice on this is they killed 2 birds with one stone by propping up 2 great heroes! DD vs Bullseye for me isnt that big a deal because DD was always a solo guy from my perspective. Ditto with the Punisher. So, having 2 of these guys in a dio makes it more attractive to me.

I believe SS made the Blade vs Dracula similarly since Drac had his own comic series too if I recall --- it's just that I'm not too much into either to have bought it (despite the light-up coolness factor).

i guessing you should get one, with the punisher pf and now a punisher dio vs DD, the next will be DD pf, it just might take a year or two :lol:lol

My urge to own the Punisher PF is always destroyed as soon as I take a good look at him again and realize that his lower half action stance, leg position and lack of any butt muscles makes him look stickly weak and awkward.

Shame to, because I want a Punisher Statue hence my excitement over this Dio.

Oh Santa, I want a:

Iron Man PF
DD PF
Wolverine PF
Modern Hulk PF
Classic Nick Fury PF
Punisher Warzone Movie PF (or how he looked on some of his MAX covers).

There is only one max ongoing series. Garth Ennis wrote the first 60 issues and some one shots. I'm not sure how many collected editions there are, i read them monthly. I recommend reading them in order because some stories and characters run through out the series. I'd also tell you to read "Born" a Garth Ennis Punisher mini, it's great stuff like most Garth Ennis written comics are.

Yup, MAX Punisher is the best thing since sliced bread!

There are 4 harcover editions so far, with a 5th scheduled already. The 5 HC's together will completely cover Ennis run on Punisher MAX (ending with the Valley Forge storyline). Get these and the Omnibus, and you'll have the entire Ennis Punisher run!

There are also smaller TPB's of the MAX Punisher stuff that are about half the size of the HC's. There are 10 of those now. I have them, but am thinking about upgrading to the HC editions.

Oh Santa, I want a:

Punisher Warzone Movie PF (or how he looked on some of his MAX covers).

I think SS pulled that off very well with the Punisher PF they already put out. He looks very Bradstreet-ish. i would buy another Tim Bradstreet inspired Punisher PF if it ever happens but i'd have to skip out on the movie version. I like film based character statues but not the comic book movie ones.

As a point of reference, was the SS Spidey vs Hulk referenced from an actual comic?

i used to collect marvel comics during the late 60's through the mid 80's. i recall hulk vs spidey was in the amazing spiderman line. they fought up in canada around the time when wolverine was introduced in the hulk comic. i can't dig up the issue but it looks really familiar to me. ok it was issue #119 or 120 from april/may 1973.

AmazingSpider-Man119.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man120.jpg

Last edited:
Punisher MAX 1 thru 60 by Ennis including a few miniseries thrown in (Born).

Buying all 4 Hardcovers tonight (ends at 49)...

Can't wait to read em...

Thanks for the advise.

Will definately order them tonight.

I think SS pulled that off very well with the Punisher PF they already put out. He looks very Bradstreet-ish. i would buy another Tim Bradstreet inspired Punisher PF if it ever happens but i'd have to skip out on the movie version. I like film based character statues but not the comic book movie ones.

Hmm,

I may have to buy that PF...

It really is a must! I own the Bradstreet Ex. and give it two thumbs up. :rock I prefer it by far over the regular.

I was kinda digging the Reg.

Anyone know where I can see pics of both in this forum of when he arrived.

Good ole SquiderM3 doesn't own him from what I could see, shame too because he is the end all be all of PICS.

The SS Punisher pulls off the Ennis Punisher look perfectly and it is a great PF with lots of goodies; I had it for awhile but traded it like an idiot. :banghead:duh:banghead

There was also a 12 issue Punisher series that Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon did reintroducing Punisher and the 37 issue Punisher Marvel Knights (also by Ennis) right before MAX; it isn't as violent as MAX, but still a great read; everything from crossdressing cyborgs to cannibals who live in a mountain of corpses under Times Square. Issues 33-36 were funny as hell as Punisher repeatedly outsmarts Spiderman, Wolverine, and Daredevil. Even if you don't pick up the Marvel Knights series, you should pick up these issues just for the story. :joy

I collected the MAX series for forty issues or so, and I really liked the military-world affairs perspective and the Barracuda run was perfect, but the MAX series was too sadistic for me. :eek:

012.jpg

Last edited:
Back