Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I'm super tempted to PO this...ugh, I just don't know. I'm hesitant because I don't know how that orange "lava effect" is going to turn out...

I doubt this guy sees an ES below 2500, and at this price, we'll be fine waiting for in-hand pics to see the paint effects and how they turned out.

Pre-ordered. It's funny, because I'm on the fence with this piece. I don't collect anything these days outside of Batman, but I love Vader. I want him, but at the same time don't need him. Guess I could always cancel down the road, and won't risk losing the opportunity to own him. $35 NRD isn't that big of a loss as it allows you to reserve the exclusive (which I'm not really clear on what is the actual exclusive that accompanies this piece), and still change your mind later. I just hope it's not too big an ES, but I have a feeling it will be due to the character and the fact that there will now be more Star Wars movies, even though Vader won't be in them.

For me, this is just not the Vader I've been waiting for. I have a great appreciation for the Mythos line. I find it different and very interesting.

The thing is, I am a collector of 1/4 and 1/1. I can't find room in my collection for 1/5. That difference in size matters to me.

I'll be waiting for the ESB Darth Vader PF.

:impatient:

gosh when will people understand that there is no excl. !!! the excl. is that is get sold just by SSC .. its the 5th of the line and there are still people who dont get it...

For me, this is just not the Vader I've been waiting for. I have a great appreciation for the Mythos line. I find it different and very interesting.

The thing is, I am a collector of 1/4 and 1/1. I can't find room in my collection for 1/5. That difference in size matters to me.

I'll be waiting for the ESB Darth Vader PF.

:impatient:

I love the PF line. The mythos line is off to a great start and I will grab central characters, but my focus remains OT for PF. And with Chewie and a Snowie coming, it's gonna be a great year for PF.

I love the PF line. The mythos line is off to a great start and I will grab central characters, but my focus remains OT for PF. And with Chewie and a Snowie coming, it's gonna be a great year for PF.

Indeed! There can be only too few ESB PFs. I'm growing into loving Vader more and more these days. I can feel my desire to have a 1/4 Vader is growing quite much. I just hate the original Vader PF. So all I can do is wait.

In the mean time...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_n8FRILoYE[/ame]

Maybe, just maybe, we can top this next year of Star Wars PF's with Lando.

Who am I kidding, Sideshow will make this guy instead:
1101597-agen_kolar.jpg

agree DK... I hate the old Vader as well.. looks so toy-ish.. I just dont see anything from the new vader and I doubt we will get something this year :(

Maybe, just maybe, we can top this next year of Star Wars PF's with Lando.

Who am I kidding, Sideshow will make this guy instead:
1101597-agen_kolar.jpg

I know Kyle would like that! :pfft:

As far as this Vader is concerned, I really want to love him. But if you put the red lava reflection on the removed helmet, why is it not on the hooded Vader. Looks very out of place, and I could see myself wanting to display him with full helmet a lot...

Will wait, for now. :(

gosh when will people understand that there is no excl. !!! the excl. is that is get sold just by SSC .. its the 5th of the line and there are still people who dont get it...

Then why does it say exclusive twice on the product page? I realize with PFs the EX comes with either a COH or change out arm etc., but they state what that is on the page. This sin't a PF, but it still says exclusive on the page. that's bollocks that it's sold 'exclusively by SideShow. If that's the case, just say it.

this has been explained now for the 5th time already..

this has been explained now for the 5th time already..

Sorry. I don't hang out on this thread too often, so if I needed to have it explained to me, I'm sure you can forgive my ignorance seeing as I'm clearly frustrating you. I have other things to occupy my time with, like watching the DC threads for any drop of info coming down the pike, or video games, or putting food on the table for my family. Lighten up. Go on most threads right now, and it's mostly speculation on paint jobs etc. I don't think a real question should upset the conversation.

Back