Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

not upset.. but If you are into this line (and it looks you are) then you should asked yourself the same question for the other mythos statues as well.. no ?

not upset.. but If you are into this line (and it looks you are) then you should asked yourself the same question for the other mythos statues as well.. no ?

You assume i'm buying the line, but I'm not. I'm buying Vader. I even said on my earlier post that I only buy Batman stuff, but I love this Vader piece.

For me, this is just not the Vader I've been waiting for. I have a great appreciation for the Mythos line. I find it different and very interesting.

The thing is, I am a collector of 1/4 and 1/1. I can't find room in my collection for 1/5. That difference in size matters to me.

I'll be waiting for the ESB Darth Vader PF.

:impatient:

:lecture great post

Looks great! But the both unmasked HS looks the same to me! What is the difference ?

$70 FLEX payment is tempting, but I can't bite simply because I know it would be just my impatience waiting for the delux 1:6 Vader.

I'll wait to order. But the paint apps look like crap. This damn glow effect is just dumb. Its going to need to be displayed behind a dark wall to look good. And the glow effect on the Helmet is aweful. Looks stupid. Basically ruins an awesome statue.

$70 FLEX payment is tempting, but I can't bite simply because I know it would be just my impatience waiting for the delux 1:6 Vader.

It would actually be $63 after the $35 NRD...

But, I just ran the numbers, and actually had him in my cart. I could have him for $53.50 per month (five months), after the $35 NRD and blowing out my RPs...

I deleted him out of my cart. :(

I did the flex and partly because I'm going to pass on the 1:6th Vader.

I'll wait to order. But the paint apps look like crap. This damn glow effect is just dumb. Its going to need to be displayed behind a dark wall to look good. And the glow effect on the Helmet is aweful. Looks stupid. Basically ruins an awesome statue.

The paint app looks fine IMO. If it comes out like Maul, how it looked at Comic-Con, and how well The Lord of the Rings statues this is going to :rock. The glow effect is going to be tricky but if it comes out as good as it did at comic-con then this is going to add a nice pop to the statue. So no it doesn't ruin the statue IMO.

And I think the glow is fantastic. As long as they can pull it off correctly. Without the glow I see this as just any other Vader statue and that’s not what this line is about. I see the glow as not only the reflection of the lava but as also symbolically the flames themselves that turned him into Vader in the first place. This is Vader reflecting on what he has lost and what he has now become. That’s why I will NEVER pose him with the helmet on or holding the lightsaber… that’s an entirely different statue and meaning and that’s not what I want. I buy the story hook line and sinker and I love what they are doing with all these figures.

Yeah, I plan to have him with one of the massless sculpts holding the helm. That's not normally a look I care for but seeing it that way at comic-con sold me.

beautiful piece...price not so bad either IMHO

Back