Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am about 99% sure the cornea and iris are a decal of some kind... there looks to be a small ridge around them. Overall it looks pretty good though, much better than Yoda (my only comparison) as they look wet and more lifelike.

Could probably use a bit of pink around the eyeball to help pick it out a bit and maybe some veins... but for what was done it looks good. In photos he can look a little wall-eyed, but not so in person. In person his gaze works.

Although I still think the portrait seems more serene overall than the prototype images.

I prefered the pissed look... but both work well. This is more contemplative ROTJ than I'm gonna f you up ESB :lol

Oh, and under EXTREME magnification (not able to see this in person) it does appear the cornea is a dot-matrix:

vadereye.jpg

I was really taken back by the material that the Anakin head is made from, it is definately not polystone; it is just so light. :horror

Oh and if you get a reg, what is in Box A? The EX has two separate foam parts. Good luck repacking these ... :google

I prefered the pissed look... but both work well. This is more contemplative ROTJ than I'm gonna f you up ESB :lol

Oh, and under EXTREME magnification (not able to see this in person) it does appear the cornea is a dot-matrix:

vadereye.jpg

Well, as long as the eyes look lifelike looking at the bust, I'll take printed with nice detail over simple and painted. I'm sure some debate over how Sideshow ought to do eyes on this will arise at some point, but I'm fine with how this is done.

As for looking more contemplative ROTJ, that's perfect for me, I wanted this bad boy to be a full on ROTJ representation.

If the Anakin head material is my con (a minor one at that), than the simulation of the various materials is certainly a MAJOR pro. SS was able to simulate the vinyl around the neck piece and the materials inside the mask very convincingly; much more than say the T-800 leather jacket.

:clap

Have to agree... it looks like the ribbing around his neck is a different material.

Sideshow really did a great job with this one :rock

I'm often impressed by HT's ability to mimic fabrics with polystone pieces. I don't own the 1:1 T-800 bust, but the LSB and mini busts all have a nice look to the leather jacket and you'd swear the bandolier on the LSB was cloth.

Add the Alien Maquette and a Predator 1:1 and it really HAS been an expensive last couple of months, lol!

Since he's looking to the side if you look at him dead on its a little odd (especially in a photo) but in person he looks fine.

I would say the right eye should probably be a 1/4" or so over as it was in the proto.

Back