David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

WB/DC did good today with both movies, they delivered the goods, congrats to them. :clap

Hell, I enjoyed the BvS trailer more than AOU.

That being said, national news media was all about Harrison Ford at SDCC. :lol

I don't like how they all look the same, like dirty sleaze balls.

Would have been a good opportunity to make the Joker stand out by being this clean, vain guy. There's just something really trashy looking about everyone.

especially with those tats but hey its edgy for tha chillin out here today

The good thing thing is, the metal caps are removable because he's not missing any teeth, so he might not have them in future films....unless his real teeth are broken :lol

Some people were theorizing that the metal teeth were the result of Batfleck which I'd be okay with as long as it was explained. The tattoos on the other hand...

:lol Ask Kevin Smith about the Star Wars effect. He had Hall H after SW and when they invited everyone to the impromptu concert, the hall emptied. He almost canceled his panel.

Who Won Comic-Con? Day 2: Definitely not Kevin Smith | The Verge

This Joker feels like a bit of a mash up of Capullo's Joker and Jim Lee's All Star Batman & Robin Joker. If I remember correctly, the All Star Joker was pretty heavily tattooed.

Ok, I am a guy that hates tattoos - I just feel like they look trashy on most people. That said, it really fits this 'hip and scary' version of the Joker. From what little we saw, I think this new version of the character is gonna be a classic. And I really dig that he sounds like Ledger......cause, frankly I miss that sonofabitch a lot

Literally jumped up and down over excitement at a stupid cam version of this trailer. Beyond excited to see this. Glad to see that Leto's joker isn't a let down (or less likely), that little clip at the end was awesome! :rock

Can't wait to finally see Harley on the big screen.

This Joker feels like a bit of a mash up of Capullo's Joker and Jim Lee's All Star Batman & Robin Joker. If I remember correctly, the All Star Joker was pretty heavily tattooed.

Different but I get the connection being made.

1435520-243587_181425_joker.jpg

WB/DC did good today with both movies, they delivered the goods, congrats to them. :clap

Hell, I enjoyed the BvS trailer more than AOU.

Thank You for saying that- AoU was a huge YAWN for me- I thought it would rule and be a new box office smash ala JW. It wasn't as big as most people thought.

Why do I feel Marvel is going to play catch up after next year? Civil War better pan out..

After several years running of Marvel-formula bright-white tongue-in-cheek adventures... the dark, gritty pendulum seems to be swinging back.

So far I'm not blown away by Leto. The first picture of him was..."interesting", and now hearing him for the first time is alright, but I'm not as impressed as I was when I heard Ledger's voice for the first time in the TDK teaser or when I saw him in the first trailer. So far, I give the edge to Ledger when it comes to the voice and laugh, but having said that I don't dislike Leto, and he sounds and looks pretty good in the trailer.

SS may be the sleeper hit of next summer ....have a feeling DC will rule 2016 unless Civil War is a stunner

Why does it hurt to have different interpretations of the Joker? I for one am excited to see how this Joker pans out.

You want Nicholson Joker, go watch 1989's Batman all day.

You want Ledger Joker, go watch 'The Dark Knight' all day.

You want Hamill Joker, go watch 'The Animated Series' and play the Arkham Trilogy all day.

We're quite fortunate to have so many different versions of the Joker and see different perspectives on this villain. This is no different from comics in which artists and writers have restyled, redesigned and wrote comic characters in multitude of ways.

I'm happy when ALL the studios are firing with all their cylinders.

I want a great MCU, a great Deadpool, a great X-Men, a great Spiderman, a great JL.

I want great standalone movies AND great shared universe movies.

Marvel v DC is silly, both have enough incredible characters to go around.

I just wish that WB/DC fans would lighten up a bit. :lol

Back