David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

So Jared Leto had this to say...

Jared Leto Teases The "Beautiful Disaster" That Is 'The Joker' In SUICIDE SQUAD

Fat Joker...:gah:

1kk6VeO.png

Or maybe he means muscle weight and they're going for crazy buff joker. :lol

Titan_Joker.jpg

Isn't Spawn supposed to be making a comeback? I remember when he was so huge. I never thought he was an interesting character, but I really liked Sam and Twitch! The Spawn HBO series was great, so I'm sure a great film can be made.

Sorry for getting off topic. I just saw that picture and it made me think!

Supposedly the script for the film revolves around Sam and Twitch. I know Jamie Foxx is also attached to star. Hopefully it gets made, I use to be a big Spawn fan.

Isn't Spawn supposed to be making a comeback? I remember when he was so huge. I never thought he was an interesting character, but I really liked Sam and Twitch! The Spawn HBO series was great, so I'm sure a great film can be made.

Sorry for getting off topic. I just saw that picture and it made me think!

Todd McFarlane has been saying that for 15 years :lol He's too busy making Walking Dead figures.

Sigh, maybe it's this?

****, just give us a traditional Joker FFS.

Yeah, maybe. Snyder took the Iron Bat armor from TDKR and the Batsuit , so he might as well use that Joker too. Still, I don't remember Joker looking very muscular in TDKR, he was thin. It was the 80's fashion that made him look big :lol

Supposedly the script for the film revolves around Sam and Twitch. I know Jamie Foxx is also attached to star. Hopefully it gets made, I use to be a big Spawn fan.

That would be great! Those were great characters. Not to imply Spawn isn't, but he was pretty static in the animated series from what I remember. I liked him, but I thought all the other characters were more interesting. I haven't read the comics, so I don't know how his character progressed. Were you a fan of the comics?

Todd McFarlane has been saying that for 15 years :lol He's too busy making Walking Dead figures.

I haven't been following the news, so thanks!

Never read a Spawn comic, I was infatuated with the figures that released back in the early 90s, enjoyed one the games that released on Dreamcast, and I loved the animated show on HBO.

I didn't read Spawn comics either, I bought them, a lot of them, but I just liked the art :lol I just read some of the arcs, from all the 90's ******** Spawn was certainly some of the more subdued stuff.

Sam and Twitch I did read, and it was freaking awesome.

Yea the design really did it for as well, he looked awesome.

The video-game?

The videogame is based on a comicbook, and I think I like the game's representation of the lore better than the actual comic, plus the freaking soundtrack was unbelievably good, if they base it on something, it should be the game over the comicbook IMO.

darkness1.jpg

Just listen man...

Did Marvel ever try and sue Image for copyright infringement. A lot of the characters from the early Image days were pretty much rip-offs of Marvel characters.

I think they did, but both Marvel and DC started to copy Image characters first :lol as a response, Liefeld started to rip off from Marvel and DC too, that how Supreme, Glory, Badrock and all the rest came into being.

The videogame is based on a comicbook, and I think I like the game's representation of the lore better than the actual comic, plus the freaking soundtrack was unbelievably good, if they base it on something, it should be the game over the comicbook IMO.

darkness1.jpg

Just listen man...

Had no clue it was based on a comic. I came so close to buying this game so many times back when PS3 was fairly knew and I never pulled the trigger.

The music is great by the way!

****, just give us a traditional Joker FFS.
:lecture

I think they did, but both Marvel and DC started to copy Image characters first :lol as a response, Liefeld started to rip off from Marvel and DC too, that how Supreme, Glory, Badrock and all the rest came into being.
That might have been Liefeld's excuse, but he was creatively bankrupt from day one. As an example, Badrock was in Youngblood number 1, Liefeld's first Image work. And the leader of that team was essentially Speedy. On its surface, I'm OK with that, though. Hell, the Fantastic Four were incredibly derivative of existing works, including Kirby's own work with the Challengers of the Unknown. And Alan Moore has made his career off of either reinventing existing characters, or creative very transparent derivations for his own purposes (Marvelman, Watchmen, Supreme, etc.). The difference is that Liefeld didn't have a good creative bone in his body, while Lee, Kirby, and Moore were all geniuses.

No body posted the flamethrower teasers that Ayer posted? I have to find em.

Reading some of the info about potential cast makes me sad. Robbie looks like Quinn, but I'd definitely dig the fact if Brie was casted, she has the voice and attitude to pull of Quinn.

I'd love if Killer Frost was eventually added to the mix! :rock

Back