David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

No body posted the flamethrower teasers that Ayer posted? I have to find em.

Reading some of the info about potential cast makes me sad. Robbie looks like Quinn, but I'd definitely dig the fact if Brie was casted, she has the voice and attitude to pull of Quinn.

I'd love if Killer Frost was eventually added to the mix! :rock

Brie? Alison Brie? She would make a great Harley

Killer Frost? Loved her in the animated movie Assault on Arkham, it was probably down to the voice acting though... love Jennifer Hale :love

Brie? Alison Brie? She would make a great Harley

Killer Frost? Loved her in the animated movie Assault on Arkham, it was probably down to the voice acting though... love Jennifer Hale :love

Yes sir! The one and only! :drool
She has the talent for it, I know it's not even close, but her uni kitty impression from the Lego Movie is what sells me as her for Quinn.

Killer Frost is a badass for me, still haven't seen Assault, but if Hale is in, guess I know what I'm watching in an hour. :lecture

Hale is amazing. :thud:

Yes sir! The one and only! :drool
She has the talent for it, I know it's not even close, but her uni kitty impression from the Lego Movie is what sells me as her for Quinn.

Killer Frost is a badass for me, still haven't seen Assault, but if Hale is in, guess I know what I'm watching in an hour. :lecture

Hale is amazing. :thud:

I just checked out LEGO movie Unikitty on youtube....... :lol very funny.... :clap

Yes watch AOA and then it will be even more obvious she should have been cast.... thanks for leading me to that.... now Brie is the only Harley for me :lol

haha... also just found this cool artwork
c7ad71d9b655ec5718264ca59172501e.jpg

:lecture

That might have been Liefeld's excuse, but he was creatively bankrupt from day one. As an example, Badrock was in Youngblood number 1, Liefeld's first Image work. And the leader of that team was essentially Speedy. On its surface, I'm OK with that, though. Hell, the Fantastic Four were incredibly derivative of existing works, including Kirby's own work with the Challengers of the Unknown. And Alan Moore has made his career off of either reinventing existing characters, or creative very transparent derivations for his own purposes (Marvelman, Watchmen, Supreme, etc.). The difference is that Liefeld didn't have a good creative bone in his body, while Lee, Kirby, and Moore were all geniuses.

Yeah, he was the least creative of the Image founding team for sure, from the beginning, he was just ripping of the aesthetic and the concepts that sold comics in both Marvel and DC and that teenagers bought, made the twice as extreme and it worked!!! :lol kids everybody were loosing their ****.

Yup Alan Moore did a great job with Supreme.

Have you read the new Glory run? It was amazing, it made Glory her own character instead of a Wonder Woman rip off, such a shame it was cancelled.

I just checked out LEGO movie Unikitty on youtube....... :lol very funny.... :clap

Yes watch AOA and then it will be even more obvious she should have been cast.... thanks for leading me to that.... now Brie is the only Harley for me :lol

haha... also just found this cool artwork
c7ad71d9b655ec5718264ca59172501e.jpg
Yeah she's pretty fun when mixed with other characters in the movie. :lol

No thank you, mate! Just finished AOA, and damn was it awesome. Really has me stoked for this regardless of Smith. And Brie should have been Quinn, maybe I'm bias because I rooted for her as Sharon Carter. :lol

Wow that is an awesome art piece, definitely super fitting! :rotfl

Sounds good.
If Nicholson could do it then why not Leto. He looked fine in Ch27.

I was not expecting it, I guess. He's not a heavy character. Also, while ago Leto said in an interview that working on that film and gaining all that weight messed him up physically, and he said that he would never do that again. As far as the look, Nicholson didn't gain weight for the role, he was just a little husky :lol They gave him a prosthetic chin to make his face look longer, since the character has a long thin face. I like Nicholson's version and it was nice to see his version of the Joker on the Godham show this week, and I also like Ledger, but this was the perfect opportunity to get a "classic"/ "perfect" Joker who is thin, not too young or old, no makeup, and no plastic surgery. But if they go with the Dark Knight Returns version, fine. That could be interesting.

Here's the Gotham "Nicholson" Joker, in case you haven't seen it.

Have you read the new Glory run? It was amazing, it made Glory her own character instead of a Wonder Woman rip off, such a shame it was cancelled.
I honestly haven't read any new comics in a long time. Moore's Supreme is one of the best comic runs I've ever read. I think Erik Larsen was very creative, though Savage Dragon existed way before Image started up.

Never read a Spawn comic, I was infatuated with the figures that released back in the early 90s, enjoyed one the games that released on Dreamcast, and I loved the animated show on HBO.

I never played those games, but I'm glad you were a fan of the series! I think Batman the Animated Series is still my favorite superhero series, but it had a good number of stinker episodes. As a Bane fan, they crush me! They did such an amazing job reinterpreting characters, but Bane was lousy. Don't get me started on the Arkham games!

Anyways, uh, yeah Spawn! :) I actually drew a lot of Spawn look-a-like characters before even knowing who he was. It might be something innate for guys of that time!

I actually like the Jared Leto news a lot, because it shows he's passionate about the character.

I never played those games, but I'm glad you were a fan of the series! I think Batman the Animated Series is still my favorite superhero series, but it had a good number of stinker episodes. As a Bane fan, they crush me! They did such an amazing job reinterpreting characters, but Bane was lousy. Don't get me started on the Arkham games!

Anyways, uh, yeah Spawn! :) I actually drew a lot of Spawn look-a-like characters before even knowing who he was. It might be something innate for guys of that time!

I actually like the Jared Leto news a lot, because it shows he's passionate about the character.

Yea, I think the BTAS is probably my favorite animated show of all time. That and the X-Men show were probably my favorites.

I don't know much about Bane believe it or not, the shows, games, and films are pretty much the only representation of the character I've seen. How do you feel about Nolan's Bane? I'm sure that was a pretty big deviation from the comics, at least in terms of aesthetics.

I honestly haven't read any new comics in a long time. Moore's Supreme is one of the best comic runs I've ever read. I think Erik Larsen was very creative, though Savage Dragon existed way before Image started up.
Savage dragon is cool, don't know much about him though, I mainly spent my days with Spawn and the Darkness.

If you have a chance you should read the new Glory, is the most original female character I've read in a whole while.

Image reaaaaally stepped up their game, I seriously think the quality of their stories is much much better than most things DC/Marvel these days.

Yeah she's pretty fun when mixed with other characters in the movie. :lol
No thank you, mate! Just finished AOA, and damn was it awesome. Really has me stoked for this regardless of Smith. And Brie should have been Quinn, maybe I'm bias because I rooted for her as Sharon Carter. :lol
Wow that is an awesome art piece, definitely super fitting! :rotfl
:yess: :duff

DAFUQ!!!!!! is Joker doing in Gotham.... I hate that ****! So many good characters they could write about that would fit in pre-Batman era, but the stupid ass writers and producers feel the need to butcher characters for ratings..

Joker should not........ absolutely NOT exist in any form pre-Batman and if he did, he certainly shouldnt be essentially young Joker **** ******** **** ****** ***** :gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

Well, it may or may not be the joker...but the old guy next to him is wearing a purple hat, and next week's episode is called Redhood, so....who know? :dunno I just think of this as part of the DC multiverse, meaning it's just one of many different realities.

Wow, it makes no sense that's true, and it's dumb.

But I have to hand it to that dude, he channels the Joker really well.

Yea, I think the BTAS is probably my favorite animated show of all time. That and the X-Men show were probably my favorites.

I don't know much about Bane believe it or not, the shows, games, and films are pretty much the only representation of the character I've seen. How do you feel about Nolan's Bane? I'm sure that was a pretty big deviation from the comics, at least in terms of aesthetics.

Yeah, X-Men is my second favorite of the superhero shows as well. They did a really good job of streamlining Claremont's run, which must of been really difficult! There was like 3 or 4 plot lines running through each issue, and then he'd just keep adding characters. Usually I dread when writer's add some new bozo, but I loved every character he added!

I'd say Nolan's Bane is the only decent portrayal of the character since the 90s. You know how much I like that movie, but I think it's missing important content. Apparently, Dark Knight had a half hour cut, but it felt complete to me. When Bane says "Nobody cared who I was before I put on the mask," I was expecting them to go into deep themes of identity and fleshing out his character, paralleling him with Bruce, John Blake, and Selina. I want to see the four or five hour cut of that film! There were scenes that the costume designer talked about showing off Bane's training and getting the mask, and those are things as a Bane fan, I wanted to see. Although in the comics, Bane taught himself pretty much everything with the help of some inmates.

This is the quickest way to sum Bane up:

Joker is the exact opposite of Batman-Complete Anarchy
Ra's al Ghul is the Anti-Batman- Perverse sense of Batman's justice-Believes ends justify the means
Bane is the Anti-Bruce Wayne- Obsessive man with an arrested development, who hones his skills to physical and mental perfection—born and raised without the love of the Waynes, Alfred, and friends.

Bane is a villain that overcomes any hardship, kind of like Daredevil. So seeing him be taken out like he was, might be a bit disingenuous to the character. It's really tough to incorporate his character, because not as static as the Joker. I don't know how they could really do anything else with him after the Dark Knight, but Bane had an ongoing storyline.

I actually wrote something out, but this article does it better. If you're interested, it explains Bane's history:

Bane: One of Batman's Best Villains - Comic Vine

Back