David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

Jarred joker looks rebellious youngster, isnt Joker supposed older than Batman? On this regard, bat afflect one

Holy crap, he's 43 yet he looks 28 max... I didn't know that, pretty awesome.

qBpbf0b.jpg

I'm a little disappointed if they decided to change the look because of the complaints and all the backlash. I'm not saying it was a good look for the joker, but I don't like the idea of the studio or the filmmaker backing down because of an outside influence that has nothing to do with the film. It tells me that they lack confidence and don't trust their vision. And that is much worse than a bad design.

I'm a little disappointed if they decided to change the look because of the complaints and all the backlash. I'm not saying it was a good look for the joker, but I don't like the idea of the studio or the filmmaker backing down because of an outside influence that has nothing to do with the film. It tells me that they lack confidence and don't trust their vision. And that is much worse than a bad design.

:goodpost:

I don't think that's the case. Think it was just this:

The more this picture is sinking in, I have two trains of thought:

1) The picture is meant to give a sense of the character. We have Leto, the Keith Flint haircut, and (I'm assuming) the perma-white skin. Those are the character's visual aspects. The rest of the picture is meant to be visually arresting, shocking, and discomfort-inducing. The tattoos are simply a cheat code to let viewers of the picture get an idea of his psychoses.

In the picture of Leto holding his phone, you can see the scar above the eye, but not the forehead or eye tattoos. Not saying they're definitely not there, but this is a minor Exhibit A for this argument.

2) This actually is what the Joker will look like. With the complete lack of any subtlety. Seriously, no matter how "CARRRR-AAAAZY" they want The Joker to read to audiences, having actual "ha ha ha"s tattooed on him is ****ing embarrassing. And "Damaged" on the forehead? Get the hell out of here.

I really, really hope it's the former. In this picture, Leto shows what I thought - visually, he can make a good Joker.

But if it's the latter, my expectations will be very low. It's like they took the absolute worst and most base aspects of the Azzarello Joker run, and stripped it of any meaning, leaving behind only the shock and superficial attention seeking.

The tattoos didn't bother me a bit.... thought it was the best part of his look.

This flick will be interesting.

Back