David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

I'm a little disappointed if they decided to change the look because of the complaints and all the backlash. I'm not saying it was a good look for the joker, but I don't like the idea of the studio or the filmmaker backing down because of an outside influence that has nothing to do with the film. It tells me that they lack confidence and don't trust their vision. And that is much worse than a bad design.

If that is the case then I see it differently. They are making this movie for us, the fans, and if there is something as terrible looking as those tattoos were (more so the specific tattoos not the fact that he had them as much) and enough fans agreed that they looked like crap then I’m glad they caved and changed it. Just think if we could have booed Jar Jar out of TPM. :)

But it sounds like it was never going to be like that anyway so I’m glad they are gone.

Although call me mad but the damaged tattoo appears to be in this gif?

Or am I seeing things?

the last frame has some shadow around the forehead, so it might be the tat
f1pqcOp.png

If that is the case then I see it differently. They are making this movie for us, the fans, and if there is something as terrible looking as those tattoos were (more so the specific tattoos not the fact that he had them as much) and enough fans agreed that they looked like crap then I’m glad they caved and changed it. Just think if we could have booed Jar Jar out of TPM. :)

But it sounds like it was never going to be like that anyway so I’m glad they are gone.

I don't agree. Sure, there's Jar jar, but people didn't want Keaton, Ledger, and Affleck, but that all changed once they saw them in action in the films. My point is, we don't know what kind of character he's playing, we don't know the story, the tone, or the kind of world these characters live in, so if that was their original design, there was probably a reason for it, so for them to change it because we, the fans that have no clue or any knowledge of the story or how Leto is playing the character, it show a lack of confidence. If they have a plan, they should stick with it no matter what people say. But that's just my opinion :)

So apparently the Joker won't have tattoos in the film and it was just a promotional photo.

Calm Down! The Joker Will NOT Have Tattoos in 'Suicide Squad' | moviepilot.com

As much as I disliked the tattoos, I'm not sure I buy it. "Moviepilot" isn't exactly a reputable site for news. Hell, I could probably go on there right now and post a list of the top 10 ways The ****** Monologues inspired Superman:The Movie.

Also, like I said before, I really didn't have a problem with his having tattoos. Just the stupid **** that he had tattoos of.:lol

DC's Suicide Squad movie

After reading all this nonsense I am damaged. I need to get it tattooed on my forehead

I'm a little disappointed if they decided to change the look because of the complaints and all the backlash. I'm not saying it was a good look for the joker, but I don't like the idea of the studio or the filmmaker backing down because of an outside influence that has nothing to do with the film. It tells me that they lack confidence and don't trust their vision. And that is much worse than a bad design.

Didn't they start filming a while back? So he already didn't have the tattoos, they didn't backed down, as many predicted it was just a promo shot with nods to the character due to it's anniversary.

Didn't they start filming a while back? So he already didn't have the tattoos, they didn't backed down, as many predicted it was just a promo shot with nods to the character due to it's anniversary.

I don't know, but they started filming 13 days ago, so it's not really a long time, and they could reshoot some scenes or just cgi that stuff out, probably :lol Either way, I was starting to warm up to the look, and I thought it was visually interesting, but more importantly, it got a reaction from people and it got everyone talking about the film.

But it wasn't a good reaction, I'm personally very happy they changed they look, the look without the tattoos could pretty easily be the best Joker ever.

With the tattoos it would've been polarizing and it wouldn't be relevant for long.

But it wasn't a good reaction, I'm personally very happy they changed they look, the look without the tattoos could pretty easily be the best Joker ever.

With the tattoos it would've been polarizing and it wouldn't be relevant for long.

It might be polarizing at first, but the actor's performance can change that. The look is the least important aspect of the character, as long as the script is good, the performance is great, and all the core elements are there. And the core elements were there, he looked crazy, he had the white skin, the green hair, and the red smile. Sure, the tattoos and the teeth seem unnecessary from our point of view because WE all want a classic design, but we don't have all the facts about the film, Leto's performance or the story, so we don't really know if the new look might work within the context of the story being told. As far as not being relevant for long, the same can be said about every other version that gets replaced by the latest interpretation, it happened to Romero, then Nicholson, and Ledger will be next, imo. I'm happy if he doesn't have the tattoos, but I'm pretty sure a normal/classic Joker won't "break the internet" the way Thug Joker did a few days ago. We'll see.

Back