David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

killer_croc_by_sid_itego-d6ly9ol.jpg

killer croc was made realistically in one of those dark knight shorts
the short was pretty cool

they could just follow that

Those shorts are way better than the Nolan trilogy itself.

I do like how they did Croc there, I just hope they don't go the Bermejo rout, that was just boring.

Why not? These aren't the Nolan films ...there's aguy named Aquaman and a female God, Wonder Woman, in this universe :lol

I dunno, i feel these movies are still going for a believable gritty take on the DC stuff. Man of Steel was basically a straight Sci-Fi. Im waiting to see how they explain Aquaman and Wonder woman. Personally, i buy into the linked Heritage theory. Theres ways of making 'Gods' more believable than monsters imo

Well half to see how they pull it off, but do i have to show you an example of a crappy Giant lizard man?

rhys-ifans-the-lizard-amazing-spider-man.jpg

Those shorts are way better than the Nolan trilogy itself.

I do like how they did Croc there, I just hope they don't go the Bermejo rout, that was just boring.

it bothers me a lot that the short gets the Scarecrow a lot better than the movies did, Scarecrow is in all 3 movies but it is only in the short that they actually did justice to the character

I dunno, i feel these movies are still going for a believable gritty take on the DC stuff. Man of Steel was basically a straight Sci-Fi. Im waiting to see how they explain Aquaman and Wonder woman. Personally, i buy into the linked Heritage theory. Theres ways of making 'Gods' more believable than monsters imo

Well half to see how they pull it off, but do i have to show you an example of a crappy Giant lizard man?

rhys-ifans-the-lizard-amazing-spider-man.jpg
Gritty based on science as opposed to mythology I think that's the àpproach. I am very interested in how they will explain WW and Aquaman they have to be descendents of aliens .

I'm not a fan of that film or the villain, but I think my biggest problem with it is having that lizard as THE main villain. I think Killer croc in a small role, might work. He might be a failed experiment.

Gritty based on science as opposed to mythology I think that's the àpproach. I am very interested in how they will explain WW and Aquaman they have to be descendents of aliens .

I hope not. I think mythology can work. We have mythology in real life...like Hercules and all those other stories like Troy. Well, what if those stories are actually true? Maybe that's the way it works in the DC cinematic universe? Aquaman is the King of Atlantis and that's a real place, not just some mythological story. The same with WW.

I'm not a fan of that film or the villain, but I think my biggest problem with it is having that lizard as THE main villain. I think Killer croc in a small role, might work. He might be a failed experiment.

I hope not. I think mythology can work. We have mythology in real life...like Hercules and all those other stories like Troy. Well, what if those stories are actually true? Maybe that's the way it works in the DC cinematic universe? Aquaman is the King of Atlantis and that's a real place, not just some mythological story. The same with WW.
The DC universe replaces magic and mysticism with science flight and strength are explained as by product of the environment, weaker gravity solar radiation, so in keeping with that all the character, with the exception of Captain Marvel, have to have all their powers rooted in science. Basically I don't think they are willing to show like a clash of the titans movie with Zeus and the other gods watch humans from the clouds to me it looks to be a mismatch.

The DC universe replaces magic and mysticism with science
Huh? That's not true, at all.

flight and strength are explained as by product of the environment, weaker gravity solar radiation,
That is no different to the explanations in comics, not one bit.

so in keeping with that all the character, with the exception of Captain Marvel, have to have all their powers rooted in science. Basically I don't think they are willing to show like a clash of the titans movie with Zeus and the other gods watch humans from the clouds to me it looks to be a mismatch.
Nope nope nope.

They are not making the heroes realistic, they are putting full fledged superheroes with all their ridiculous power, as seen in MoS, in a realistic context, I don't see how having gods and magic involved disrupts that one bit.

They are not making the heroes realistic, they are putting full fledged superheroes with all their ridiculous power, as seen in MoS, in a realistic context
I love this statement. This is precisely why I prefer DC/WB's approach to Marvel Studios'.

Huh? That's not true, at all.

That is no different to the explanations in comics, not one bit.

Nope nope nope.

They are not making the heroes realistic, they are putting full fledged superheroes with all their ridiculous power, as seen in MoS, in a realistic context, I don't see how having gods and magic involved disrupts that one bit.
well I am only drawing conclusions based on the one movie they have made but I don't think they are going for a magic based world rather a scifi one not to say it's still fantastical, but I don't think we will see clash of the titans for wonder women's origin

I love this statement. This is precisely why I prefer DC/WB's approach to Marvel Studios'.
Yeah me too, I love MCU movies, but I can't wait to see the DCCU.

well I am only drawing conclusions based on the one movie they have made but I don't think they are going for a magic based world rather a scifi one not to say it's still fantastical, but I don't think we will see clash of the titans for wonder women's origin
But you're drawing that conclusion based on a movie about a character that doesn't have the slightest magic or fantasy tints in its lore at all.

So far, there's been a rumor about WW being kryptonian descent, and so far, if memory serves, that rumor has been debunked.

Sci fi and magic can coexist peacefully.

Yeah me too, I love MCU movies, but I can't wait to see the DCCU.

But you're drawing that conclusion based on a movie about a character that doesn't have the slightest magic or fantasy tints in its lore at all.

So far, there's been a rumor about WW being kryptonian descent, and so far, if memory serves, that rumor has been debunked.

Sci fi and magic can coexist peacefully.
It's just the tone it's not going to work in the DC based world they have created that's why I think Shazam will be a movie outside of the DC world or at least we will never see captain marvel and superman together it will look out of place

It's true, there's only one film, so let's look at the upcoming lineup.

Superman - Alien with powers explained by the yellow sun

Batman - Human with fancy belt

Green Lantern - Human with alien powers

Cyborg - Human with enhanced mechanical body

Flash - Human and experiment/accident creates him and maybe other metahumans

Aquaman - :dunno

Wonder Woman - :dunno

Shazam - Magic powers but he may or may not be in the DCCU...

So there you have it, I just made a pointless list that doesn't answer any questions :lol It's a good list though.

What? We've had this conversation before :lol Shazam IS going to be in the DCCU that has been confirmed by the Rock himself, he even joked with the idea of Black Adam being in the Justice League.

It will not look out of place and there's nothing that indicates they're going to go full sci-fi and exclude magic, there's literally no indication to that.

If anything the fact that Shazam is part of the DCCU indicates they are going to do magic, and if they can do magic, they can do gods, hell the last rumor of the WW movie plot is that she will be a demigod, a literal demigod daughter of Zeus, in line with the new 52 run.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Confirms Shazam Movie Interconnected With DC Cinematic Universe | Comicbook.com
It was all agreed that the worlds are all interconnected… One day you will see Black Adam go at it with Superman or Batman or any of the DC characters

Back