David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

I understand that is what you want a real origin story as close as possible to the comic with all the mythos and stuff but will not happen in that same fashion at best they will elude to it in some way, but I can tell the closest you will get to that is a reference like the one they had I avengers .
It's not about an origin story, it's about the fact that WW's whole character, whole thing, comes down to the Greek Mythos, no aliens, no sci-fi, it's not like Thor that they have Argardian technology and do kinda live in space, no, Wonder Woman is horses to travel, torches when it gets dark, actual greek armor when they train, literal Olympus where the gods gather, a god that actually feeds off war, a woman that gets possessed by a goddess and turning into a cheetah, Medusa turning people into stone, the underworld being a literal place, etc etc.

Not to mention Darkseid is a god, and actual immortal god who killed the old gods of his planet to get his powers.

You just can't work around all that, and everything points out that they wont, seems to me like you're not a fan of WW, and are trying way too hard to deny one of the very producers said "She's a demigod, she's the daughter of Zeus" without the slightest ambiguity.

You can't be ok with Superman and think Wonder Woman is too silly or doesn't fit the tone or it's hard to explain, it's contradictory.

So I don't know what to tell you, unless you've inside information and know for a fact that's what they're gonna do, everything else points out they're going full greek mythos, magic and gods.

So tell me, do you have inside information? Spill the beans damn it! :cuss:

Even the movie doc strange will use " magic" like what scarlet witch does it will revolve around the stones as a energy source.
What does that have to do with anything? :lol I told you, Shazam is in this universe, with magic magic, there's no way to do Shazam with quantum nonsense.

Green Lantern was alien technology. Maybe Shazam will be the same .

It's not about an origin story, it's about the fact that WW's whole character, whole thing, comes down to the Greek Mythos, no aliens, no sci-fi, it's not like Thor that they have Argardian technology and do kinda live in space, no, Wonder Woman is horses to travel, torches when it gets dark, actual greek armor when they train, literal Olympus where the gods gather, a god that actually feeds off war, a woman that gets possessed by a goddess and turning into a cheetah, Medusa turning people into stone, the underworld being a literal place, etc etc.

Not to mention Darkseid is a god, and actual immortal god who killed the old gods of his planet to get his powers.

You just can't work around all that, and everything points out that they wont, seems to me like you're not a fan of WW, and are trying way too hard to deny one of the very producers said "She's a demigod, she's the daughter of Zeus" without the slightest ambiguity.

You can't be ok with Superman and think Wonder Woman is too silly or doesn't fit the tone or it's hard to explain, it's contradictory.

So I don't know what to tell you, unless you've inside information and know for a fact that's what they're gonna do, everything else points out they're going full greek mythos, magic and gods.

So tell me, do you have inside information? Spill the beans damn it! :cuss:

What does that have to do with anything? [emoji38] I told you, Shazam is in this universe, with magic magic, there's no way to do Shazam with quantum nonsense.
Well we will see no I don't have inside info I am just drawing conclusions based on the way this DC universe is shaping up to be. I don't care which way they go as long as it serves the story. I recognize the history of the character but to me it's an adaptation and I have no problem what so ever with them changing elements of the story/origin as long as it suits their vision and movie because ultimately that is what we will be watching and this is even more so now with the connected universe. I am having a hard time seeing them mixing elements of Greek mythology in to this world the way it is set up. I really don't think the wonder women solo movie will be a copy of clash of the titans despite the fact that the roots of the characters are based I Greek mythology.

And you can change any elements of the character case on point the Hercules movie with the rock you can see how the turned all his labors in to reality. So they can most certainly adapt anything they want as long as it fits with the rest of the universe.

You have to see this as a part of the puzzle and if they are keeping it with in this universe and Zack Snyder and Goyer build their works in the save vein as the dark knight trilogy albeit the realism is not to that extent but it certainly not fantastical in nature to the point we're Zeus up their like clash of the titans and hades and the cracken.

Like for me hades will be a war lord so brutal and tyrannical that he will be called the god of death or a vicious alien. Some thing like that but I really don't see Darkside as a god he will be like in the 52 justice League war animation lord Darkside ruler of apocalypse. A alien in the same vein as Thanos.

That's just my conclusions I could be wrong.

If Snyder has anything to say about it, they'll probably cop the idea behind Miracleman, where he's the result of a scientific experiment orchestrated by a former Nazi scientist. Then the scientist tricks Shazam into impregnating a woman so that the scientist can transfer his consciousness into the mind of the superbaby. . .you know, the usual.

I am having a hard time seeing them mixing elements of Greek mythology in to this world the way it is set up. I really don't think the wonder women solo movie will be a copy of clash of the titans despite the fact that the roots of the characters are based I Greek mythology.
You keep saying "the way it's set up" as if there was actually anything set up.

The way it's set up does not exclude literal gods, the way it's set up does not exclude magic, nor there is anything that indicates anything like that, you say you're drawing conclusions based on what you've seen, what have you seen that I haven't? MoS does not interfere with Greek mythology or literal gods what makes Wonder Woman lore so impossible to "adapt" vs the equally ridiculous Superman lore? Please explain this to me because I'm really confused.

Here's what we know:
-MoS establishes nothing about anyone other than Superman and Batman's characters.
-We know for a fact that Shazam will be in the universe, Shazam, a 100% magic based character, we can be 100% sure they won't make him "Alien".
-The producer said WW is the daughter of Zeus, a demigod.
-Justice League Dark is in talks, JLD includes Constantine who speaks with literal Angels and Demons and works with the dark arts, Zatanna, another 100% magic character that doesn't work with anything else other than magic, Deadman, a literal ghost!

What is there that you say indicates WW can't be done how it should?
Where do you draw your conclusions from? You keep saying that but you don't say what you base you conclusions on.

You have to see this as a part of the puzzle and if they are keeping it with in this universe and Zack Snyder and Goyer build their works in the save vein as the dark knight trilogy
Sorry but you're wrong, in the very interview I posted the producer goes into how the Snyderverse is diferent from the Nolan-verse in that very regard.

You say puzzle as if Wonder Woman doesn't fit without being an alien, that makes zero sense, WW without her lore doesn't work in any approach/tone.

albeit the realism is not to that extent but it certainly not fantastical in nature to the point we're Zeus up their like clash of the titans and hades and the cracken.
Why not? I still don't get what is so grounded about an alien that flies, and what's so silly about Greek mythology.

Again, what's so not fantastical about a humanoid alien that looks EXACTLY like us, can fly, is invulnerable, shoots lasers out of his eyes, etc etc, what's so "realistic" about it? It just makes no sense.

Like for me hades will be a war lord so brutal and tyrannical that he will be called the god of death or a vicious alien.
Sorry but that sounds terrible, better make a Glory movie instead.

Some thing like that but I really don't see Darkside as a god he will be like in the 52 justice League war animation lord Darkside ruler of apocalypse. A alien in the same vein as Thanos.
Darkseid is also a new god in the new 52, he's always been a new god, including in JL War.

What is going on? :panic: Do you people hate the characters? Why try to change what's inherent to them?

Someone please explain to me, what's so realistic and grounded about a weapon that runs on will power and the emotional spectrum that can "grant any wish" by materializing light vs a magic word?

You keep saying "the way it's set up" as if there was actually anything set up.

The way it's set up does not exclude literal gods, the way it's set up does not exclude magic, nor there is anything that indicates anything like that, you say you're drawing conclusions based on what you've seen, what have you seen that I haven't? MoS does not interfere with Greek mythology or literal gods what makes Wonder Woman lore so impossible to "adapt" vs the equally ridiculous Superman lore? Please explain this to me because I'm really confused.

Here's what we know:
-MoS establishes nothing about anyone other than Superman and Batman's characters.
-We know for a fact that Shazam will be in the universe, Shazam, a 100% magic based character, we can be 100% sure they won't make him "Alien".
-The producer said WW is the daughter of Zeus, a demigod.
-Justice League Dark is in talks, JLD includes Constantine who speaks with literal Angels and Demons and works with the dark arts, Zatanna, another 100% magic character that doesn't work with anything else other than magic, Deadman, a literal ghost!

What is there that you say indicates WW can't be done how it should?
Where do you draw your conclusions from? You keep saying that but you don't say what you base you conclusions on.

Sorry but you're wrong, in the very interview I posted the producer goes into how the Snyderverse is diferent from the Nolan-verse in that very regard.

You say puzzle as if Wonder Woman doesn't fit without being an alien, that makes zero sense, WW without her lore doesn't work in any approach/tone.

Why not? I still don't get what is so grounded about an alien that flies, and what's so silly about Greek mythology.

Again, what's so not fantastical about a humanoid alien that looks EXACTLY like us, can fly, is invulnerable, shoots lasers out of his eyes, etc etc, what's so "realistic" about it? It just makes no sense.

Sorry but that sounds terrible, better make a Glory movie instead.

Darkseid is also a new god in the new 52, he's always been a new god, including in JL War.

What is going on? [emoji14]anic: Do you people hate the characters? Why try to change what's inherent to them?

Someone please explain to me, what's so realistic and grounded about a weapon that runs on will power and the emotional spectrum that can "grant any wish" by materializing light vs a magic word?
I am not against anything I just want to be entertained and if they have change certain things to make a good movie then so be it.

yes the producer says she is a demi god but is that how they will actually portray her really a Greek god what about the other goods are also in this universe what about their powers it's opens up to many questions and mythos gets muddled I am not wanting to see a clash of the titans movie but comic book movie.

Well in the comic Darkseid is yes a god but in the animation that is not mentioned he looks to be an evil alien dictator.

you can not have captain marvel and superman existing side by side in this type of movie world. It's not going to flow at all same power base all with the a mention of a word not going to happen. All those magic based characters can exist just not in the same world. It looks very out of place hell unless they do it like scarlet which even marvel changed it up she is an enhanced human with telekinetic powers . She is a witch who uses magic but not on this world same goes for Dr strange sorcerer supreme even Kevin fire said our magic is like quantum physics Thor is an alien it's all been changed why would DC not do they same.

I am not against anything I just want to be entertained and if they have change certain things to make a good movie then so be it.
It really seems like you are, and you're not asking to change certain things, you're asking to disfigure the character in a way not even Nolan did with Batman.

yes the producer says she is a demi god but is that how they will actually portray her really a Greek god what about the other goods are also in this universe what about their powers it's opens up to many questions and mythos gets muddled I am not wanting to see a clash of the titans movie but comic book movie.
What about their powers? How does the mythology get muddled, no dude, just no.

I already told you that the greek gods in the DCU don't show themselves no humanity anymore.

Why are you going in circles? I already told you Wonder Woman is also greek epic story material, a great deal of her books if not the majority are pure greek epic stories, you say you want a comicbook movie, but refuse to accept what makes Wonder Woman the comic book character she is.

Well in the comic Darkseid is yes a god but in the animation that is not mentioned he looks to be an evil alien dictator.
I'm sorry, but you're wrong again.
New God - DCAU Wiki: your fan made guide to the DC Animated Universe

Besides of the fact that in the DCAU there's magic and other gods.
you can not have captain marvel and superman existing side by side in this type of movie world. It's not going to flow at all same power base all with the a mention of a word not going to happen.
Yes, yes you can, I just explained several times why.
Why this again? Why are you ignoring the fact that Shazam WILL exist in the same world as MoS?

All those magic based characters can exist just not in the same world. It looks very out of place hell unless they do it like scarlet which even marvel changed it up she is an enhanced human with telekinetic powers . She is a witch who uses magic but not on this world same goes for Dr strange sorcerer supreme even Kevin fire said our magic is like quantum physics Thor is an alien it's all been changed why would DC not do they same.
You are wrong, they can exist, and it's not out of place, I just went into length explain why they'e not out of place and approaching the characters in any other way is dumb, forced and strips the characters of their essence, but you just reply with "it's out of place" without explaining WHY.

And again, why do you keep bringing Marvel into this? I already told you what Marvel did is dumb.

What you're saying in reality is that you don't want the characters to be respected, because there's nothing that backs up what you're saying, because if you're saying "I don't want WW to happen", fine, I can accept that you don't like the characters and that's why you want to change them, but if you tell me "Shazam and Superman can't exist in the same world" I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Otherwise I'll ask again, what is so "realistic and grounded" about Superman, and what is so impossible to adapt about Wonder Woman, and please don't reply with "you can't".

It really seems like you are, and you're not asking to change certain things, you're asking to disfigure the character in a way not even Nolan did with Batman.

What about their powers? How does the mythology get muddled, no dude, just no.

I already told you that the greek gods in the DCU don't show themselves no humanity anymore.

Why are you going in circles? I already told you Wonder Woman is also greek epic story material, a great deal of her books if not the majority are pure greek epic stories, you say you want a comicbook movie, but refuse to accept what makes Wonder Woman the comic book character she is.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong again.
New God - DCAU Wiki: your fan made guide to the DC Animated Universe

Besides of the fact that in the DCAU there's magic and other gods.

Yes, yes you can, I just explained several times why.
Why this again? Why are you ignoring the fact that Shazam WILL exist in the same world as MoS?

You are wrong, they can exist, and it's not out of place, I just went into length explain why they'e not out of place and approaching the characters in any other way is dumb, forced and strips the characters of their essence, but you just reply with "it's out of place" without explaining WHY.

And again, why do you keep bringing Marvel into this? I already told you what Marvel did is dumb.

What you're saying in reality is that you don't want the characters to be respected, because there's nothing that backs up what you're saying, because if you're saying "I don't want WW to happen", fine, I can accept that you don't like the characters and that's why you want to change them, but if you tell me "Shazam and Superman can't exist in the same world" I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Otherwise I'll ask again, what is so "realistic and grounded" about Superman, and what is so impossible to adapt about Wonder Woman, and please don't reply with "you can't".
I want a good movie regardless of the what they do to the character yes I am guilty of that I don't care for a true to comic adaptation if it produces a bad outcome. I am basing my analysis on the world they have set up in man of steel and the preview we have seen in BvS hyper realistic science based.

Don't get me wrong I would very much like a wonder women movie based on the animation with all the Greek gods hades and stuff but I can never see that story taking place in the same world that BvS cohabitat. If they were not connected then yes sure but since they are then no I don't see that happening.

DC's Suicide Squad movie

How are they even going to introduce WW, Cyborg and Aquaman? What if it's an ending like ASM2 where we just see them all together at the end for a few seconds

I want a good movie regardless of the what they do to the character yes I am guilty of that I don't care for a true to comic adaptation if it produces a bad outcome. I am basing my analysis on the world they have set up in man of steel and the preview we have seen in BvS hyper realistic science based.
Okay, if it's hyper realistic science based, then explain to me why is there an alien that is humanoid, and looks EXACTLY like a human being, flies and shots lasers out of his eyes, explain to me how that is realistic or why is Greek mythology suddenly so much of a stretch compare to that?

Also, please point out to me where is it established that everything is science based, It's a real request.

And again, what are you basing your analysis on? Why are you ignoring this question? I provided the facts that we know of that completely disprove your "conclusions".

Man of Steel was NOT hyper realistic, Batman v Superman is NOT hyper realistic.

You keep ignoring these questions, yet you keep saying "the universe they set up", "it can't happen", and that is simply incorrect.

Don't get me wrong I would very much like a wonder women movie based on the animation with all the Greek gods hades and stuff but I can never see that story taking place in the same world that BvS cohabitat. If they were not connected then yes sure but since they are then no I don't see that happening.
I'm sorry, but to think WW can't cohabit the established universe is simply contradictory and there's nothing to base that on.

How are they even going to introduce WW, Cyborg and Aquaman? What if it's an ending like ASM2 where we just see them all together at the end for a few seconds

Probably.

I think WW will be introduced as working for the US government since before Superman made his public appearance in MoS, the government will have been tracking meta humans for some time now and it turns out Superman wasn't the 1st one, at least that was what one of the rumors said a while back.

Still weird for WW to be walking around in that outfit , unless she will be an agent that " transforms " into WW. Linda Carter style spinning like a doofus.

She can just put her armor on to get ready for battle, or be caught in civilian clothing in the middle of the fight, no need to have her "transform" into Wonder Woman, I don't think that has happened in decades.

Okay, if it's hyper realistic science based, then explain to me why is there an alien that is humanoid, and looks EXACTLY like a human being, flies and shots lasers out of his eyes, explain to me how that is realistic or why is Greek mythology suddenly so much of a stretch compare to that?

Also, please point out to me where is it established that everything is science based, It's a real request.

And again, what are you basing your analysis on? Why are you ignoring this question? I provided the facts that we know of that completely disprove your "conclusions".

Man of Steel was NOT hyper realistic, Batman v Superman is NOT hyper realistic.

You keep ignoring these questions, yet you keep saying "the universe they set up", "it can't happen", and that is simply incorrect.

I'm sorry, but to think WW can't cohabit the established universe is simply contradictory and there's nothing to base that on.
for my observations it looks like they embraced science to explain the powers therefore I am inclined to belive that science is the source of all these miracles. Think of it from the average movie goer who these movies must endeavor to capture they will not throw up questions as to the presence of a being just like superman only to have his powers derived from them associated with greek gods. maybe I am mistaken but just because the producer says yes she is a demi god does not mean he will adapt her in that fashion. He is acknowledging her roots but they can change that to suit the story they are telling. I don't consider what he says as being yes we will portray as she a full on greek goddess. The first scene in the BvS is them saying superman is a false god so now we will introduce a full on greek goddess.

Man of steel to me feels like the dark knight trilogy only with the introduction of science to explain super powers. That what I meant by hyper realistic science based.

some thing with flash and reverse flash and I want to see that story told but I am having a hard time envisioning time travel in this world.

Last edited:

for my observations it looks like they embraced science to explain the powers therefore I am inclined to belive that science is the source of all these miracles. Think of it from the average movie goer who these movies must endeavor to capture they will not throw up questions as to the presence of a being just like superman only to have his powers derived from them associated with greek gods. maybe I am mistaken but just because the producer says yes she is a demi god does not mean he will adapt her in that fashion. He is acknowledging her roots but they can change that to suit the story they are telling. I don't consider what he says as being yes we will portray as she a full on greek goddess. The first scene in the BvS is them saying superman is a false god so now we will introduce a full on greek goddess.
But you are drawing that observation from a movie of a character that IS based in "sci-fi", that has NOTHING to do with Wonder Woman.
That's like saying: "Hey I got a red skittle, maybe the whole bag is filled with red skittles.". :lol

Again, dude, you have got to stop going in circles, the "false god" is a response of the people to Superman, it is NOT a declaration that gods don't exist, that has no bearing in this argument, hell, the very fact that it says "FALSE god" implies there is one or more TRUE gods.

Man of steel to me feels like the dark knight trilogy only with the introduction of science to explain super powers. That what I meant by hyper realistic science based.
Dude, I can't. Sigh.

Man of Steel is NOT hyper realistic science AT ALL, what about him flying is super realistic based? Or shooting lasers out of his eyes, if it's hyper realistic I want you to explain it to me how does that work, if you can't then it's not different than magic, period.

Take Interstellar for instance, I can explain 99% of the stuff that happens there, down to the freaking tesseract, THAT is science fiction, hell, I can explain half the stuff that happens in Star Trek too, because THAT is based in actual science, Superman in Man of Steel is about as realistic as a pink unicorn.

You're making me repeat myself again :lol Superman is NOT realistic, Batman in BvS is clearly not realistic, the ONLY thing realistic about this is the context they're put it, how people actually react when a ridiculously unrealistic and silly concept like Superman is dropped on them, Superman himself IS NOT realistic.

some thing with flash and reverse flash and I want to see that story told but I am having a hard time envisioning time travel in this world.
Are you kidding me? Time Travel actually has legitimate scientific work to back up that story.

I'm sorry dude, you're just wrong, there's nothing in this DCCU universe that limits any of that stuff, and you really don't get the characters at all.

Last edited:

What observations are you referring to? What was in MoS that says "based off of our scientific analysis we have concluded that..."

The DCCU is not based on science. There are heroes/beings/gods/whatever you want to call them. For one to exist is not anymore ridiculous then another. That is not rocket science.

But you are drawing that observation from a movie of a character that IS based in "sci-fi", that has NOTHING to do with Wonder Woman.
That's like saying: "Hey I got a red skittle, maybe the whole bag is filled with red skittles.". :lol

Again, dude, you have got to stop going in circles, the "false god" is a response of the people to Superman, it is NOT a declaration that gods don't exist, that has no bearing in this argument, hell, the very fact that it says "FALSE god" implies there is one or more TRUE gods.

Dude, I can't. Sigh.

Man of Steel is NOT hyper realistic science AT ALL, what about him flying is super realistic based? Or shooting lasers out of his eyes, if it's hyper realistic I want you to explain it to me how does that work, if you can't then it's not different than magic, period.

Take Interstellar for instance, I can explain 99% of the stuff that happens there, down to the freaking tesseract, THAT is science fiction, hell, I can explain half the stuff that happens in Star Trek too, because THAT is based in actual science, Superman in Man of Steel is about as realistic as a pink unicorn.

You're making me repeat myself again :lol Superman is NOT realistic, Batman in BvS is clearly not realistic, the ONLY thing realistic about this is the context they're put it, how people actually react when a ridiculously unrealistic and silly concept like Superman is dropped on them, Superman himself IS NOT realistic.

Are you kidding me? Time Travel actually has legitimate scientific work to back up that story.

I'm sorry dude, you're just wrong, there's nothing in this DCCU universe that limits any of that stuff, and you really don't get the characters at all.

OK maybe I am not able to express myself but I basicly can not envision a Clash of the titans origin story in this universe its more like a 300 for the greek touch. Its looks to be out of context with the rest of the what we have seen so far . And you are correct they are not realistic its the context.

Time travel yeah if they present it correctly sure it would be cool but he better not just fly around the world and reverse time.

What observations are you referring to? What was in MoS that says "based off of our scientific analysis we have concluded that..."

The DCCU is not based on science. There are heroes/beings/gods/whatever you want to call them. For one to exist is not anymore ridiculous then another. That is not rocket science.

I am not looking at it from a comic book point rather the world that David Goyer and ZAck Snyder have already established and I think that is on the side of scifi rather then fantasy.

OK maybe I am not able to express myself but I basicly can not envision a Clash of the titans origin story in this universe its more like a 300 for the greek touch. Its looks to be out of context with the rest of the what we have seen so far . And you are correct they are not realistic its the context.

Time travel yeah if they present it correctly sure it would be cool but he better not just fly around the world and reverse time.

Yeah ok, fair enough, sorry if I got a little intense :lol

And yes, I agree, I would love a 300-esque WW movie.

Aw hell no, I always hated that time reversal crap from Superman the movie with a passion.

Back