David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

My bad, I offer this gif in apology.

Gal-Galdot.gif
omg so ugly so skiny awful wondr women 0/10 fail .

In all seriousness, I've been a big supporter of Gadot, not because she's won me over or because I'm sure she will do a god job, no, but because I'm just giving her the benefit of the doubt, she hasn't proved she has the acting skills required, I also don't think WW necessarily needs to be too muscular, a slimmer WW will do too, the are enough representations of a skinnier WW to back up that decision design wise, she still needs to work out sure, but the only thing that worries me is her acting.

I dunno, i feel these movies are still going for a believable gritty take on the DC stuff. Man of Steel was basically a straight Sci-Fi. Im waiting to see how they explain Aquaman and Wonder woman. Personally, i buy into the linked Heritage theory. Theres ways of making 'Gods' more believable than monsters imo

Well half to see how they pull it off, but do i have to show you an example of a crappy Giant lizard man?

rhys-ifans-the-lizard-amazing-spider-man.jpg

I thought that look was crappy for the Lizard, but looked like a great Killer Croc. Looks very much like the Animated Series version. I'm hopeful we'll get something similar at least.

It's true, there's only one film, so let's look at the upcoming lineup.

Superman - Alien with powers explained by the yellow sun

Batman - Human with fancy belt

Green Lantern - Human with alien powers

Cyborg - Human with enhanced mechanical body

Flash - Human and experiment/accident creates him and maybe other metahumans

Aquaman - :dunno

Wonder Woman - :dunno

Shazam - Magic powers but he may or may not be in the DCCU...

So there you have it, I just made a pointless list that doesn't answer any questions :lol It's a good list though.

It is a good list and one that showcases all that we were taking about. And I think even DC is having a difficult time squaring the wonder women origin its not easy to adapt.

What? We've had this conversation before :lol Shazam IS going to be in the DCCU that has been confirmed by the Rock himself, he even joked with the idea of Black Adam being in the Justice League.

It will not look out of place and there's nothing that indicates they're going to go full sci-fi and exclude magic, there's literally no indication to that.

If anything the fact that Shazam is part of the DCCU indicates they are going to do magic, and if they can do magic, they can do gods, hell the last rumor of the WW movie plot is that she will be a demigod, a literal demigod daughter of Zeus, in line with the new 52 run.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Confirms Shazam Movie Interconnected With DC Cinematic Universe | Comicbook.com

Yes well if we want to go comic book origin she can be either the original origin made out of clay or the new 52 she is the daughter of Zeus and lives on an island of only women, I am not saying DC could not go the way of Marvel and explain the Thor, the god of thunder, as an alien and what we call science they call magic. They could do that although I do not think we will see, and I do not want, a clash of the titans movie. Were Zues is Liam Neson and Hades and all that stuff and his half son persious. It does not feel like a comic book movie its like a different genra. Those movies like Hercules belong together this needs to feel like a comic book movie.

Yes the rock can say that but he also mentioned in another interview that they dont have a script complete yet its still under development, there is no way to have a person that says shazam and have the same powers as superman be in a movie with superman. Its kind of like having rocket racoon in the avengers not going to happen, well it might because Marvel like goofyness, but I dont think it should.

Yes well if we want to go comic book origin she can be either the original origin made out of clay or the new 52 she is the daughter of Zeus and lives on an island of only women, I am not saying DC could not go the way of Marvel and explain the Thor, the god of thunder, as an alien and what we call science they call magic. They could do that although I do not think we will see, and I do not want, a clash of the titans movie. Were Zues is Liam Neson and Hades and all that stuff and his half son persious. It does not feel like a comic book movie its like a different genra. Those movies like Hercules belong together this needs to feel like a comic book movie.
In the new 52 the clay origin still exists, but it was just a lie Hippolyta told everybody because she couldn't tell she did it with Zeus, cause the man-ban stuff.

There's not any other way to do Shazam but magic, not sci-fi or anything, the ONLY way to do Shazam is magic, therefore they can afford to do all WW requires.

Also WW is very much epic greek story material, every time she's in Themyscira, the superhero stuff happens when she's outside the island and being part of the Justice League, I don't see a problem with that, hell, have you read the new 52 WW, it's all epic gods and magic stuff.

Are you saying Wonder Woman comics are not comic enough because they are epic greek fantasy?

Comicbooks are not all about superheroes, WW is a character that can lend itself for mythological stories besides being a superhero, just like Batman can lend itself to noir crime novels, or like the GotG is all sci-fi.
Yes the rock can say that but he also mentioned in another interview that they dont have a script complete yet its still under development, there is no way to have a person that says shazam and have the same powers as superman be in a movie with superman. Its kind of like having rocket racoon in the avengers not going to happen, well it might because Marvel like goofyness, but I dont think it should.

So what if there's no script yet? It's been decided, if I remember correctly, the Rock isn't the only one to say that, there's an official statement or maybe a leaked e-mail around if memory serves....

The only powers Shazam and Superman share are flight, strength, speed and invulnerability, the archetypal Superhero powers, but Shazam has an origin that comes from magic, there isn't any other way to do Shazam if not with magic, none, further more, the rest of Shazam's powers are pure magic, for instance, he can make a ping pong table appear if he wishes, because of magic, also, one of Shazam/Black Adam's things is that he can actually take on and defeat Superman because Superman is more vulnerable to magic, remove that and you just have another Zod.

Having gods and greek mythology are like having a talking raccoon in a comedy oriented movie? It's not like that at all.

Wonder Woman in the DCCU should completely embrace the bases of its greek mythological lore, anything less is dumb, the same goes for Shazam and Aquaman.

Aquaman for example, the fact that mankind knows jack **** about the ocean is the perfect excuse to go crazy with Aquaman/Atlantis explanation, no need to do everything sci-fi.

Like I said, only the context and consequences are "realistic", not the superheroes, there's no need to dumb down the origins of these characters, a humanoid flying alien isn't any less ridiculous than greek demigod, or a child that can turn into another Superman through magic, they are not out of tone with each other, not one bit.

In the new 52 the clay origin still exists, but it was just a lie Hippolyta told everybody because she couldn't tell she did it with Zeus, cause the man-ban stuff.

There's not any other way to do Shazam but magic, not sci-fi or anything, the ONLY way to do Shazam is magic, therefore they can afford to do all WW requires.

Also WW is very much epic greek story material, every time she's in Themyscira, the superhero stuff happens when she's outside the island and being part of the Justice League, I don't see a problem with that, hell, have you read the new 52 WW, it's all epic gods and magic stuff.

Are you saying Wonder Woman comics are not comic enough because they are epic greek fantasy?

Comicbooks are not all about superheroes, WW is a character that can lend itself for mythological stories besides being a superhero, just like Batman can lend itself to noir crime novels, or like the GotG is all sci-fi.

So what if there's no script yet? It's been decided, if I remember correctly, the Rock isn't the only one to say that, there's an official statement or maybe a leaked e-mail around if memory serves....

The only powers Shazam and Superman share are flight, strength, speed and invulnerability, the archetypal Superhero powers, but Shazam has an origin that comes from magic, there isn't any other way to do Shazam if not with magic, none, further more, the rest of Shazam's powers are pure magic, for instance, he can make a ping pong table appear if he wishes, because of magic, also, one of Shazam/Black Adam's things is that he can actually take on and defeat Superman because Superman is more vulnerable to magic, remove that and you just have another Zod.

Having gods and greek mythology are like having a talking raccoon in a comedy oriented movie? It's not like that at all.

Wonder Woman in the DCCU should completely embrace the bases of its greek mythological lore, anything less is dumb, the same goes for Shazam and Aquaman.

Aquaman for example, the fact that mankind knows jack **** about the ocean is the perfect excuse to go crazy with Aquaman/Atlantis explanation, no need to do everything sci-fi.

Like I said, only the context and consequences are "realistic", not the superheroes, there's no need to dumb down the origins of these characters, a humanoid flying alien isn't any less ridiculous than greek demigod, or a child that can turn into another Superman through magic, they are not out of tone with each other, not one bit.
See that's were you and I defer to me it's an adaptation of the comics to me it's sounds like you would like it as close as possible to the comics.

In any event I was not against all that Greek mythology , but based on what we saw in man of steel and even the teaser trailer I don't think they will be going for that if this were a marvel movie, and thankfully it's not, yeah I could see all the stuff you mentioned hell they got a taking racoon. But DC looks to be a more how should like saw this sophisticated world then that of marvel

See that's were you and I defer to me it's an adaptation of the comics to me it's sounds like you would like it as close as possible to the comics.
You just told me you wanted this to be a comicbook movie... :huh
It doesn't need to be a verbatim translation, MoS had all the kryptonian bases from the Superman lore, the only thing they changed was the fact that Superman had all of krypton's descendants in his blood, and if you think about it, that doesn't make it more realistic at all, it's actually even more ridiculous.

So, a Wonder Woman movie that embraces its comic book origin doesn't mean it has to be all that close to the comics, but it would be dumb if they tried to explain it any other way than Greek gods, just, no, it doesn't work.

In any event I was not against all that Greek mythology , but based on what we saw in man of steel and even the teaser trailer I don't think they will be going for that if this were a marvel movie, and thankfully it's not, yeah I could see all the stuff you mentioned hell they got a taking racoon. But DC looks to be a more how should like saw this sophisticated world then that of marvel
But there's nothing to base that conclusion on, nothing at all, we've only seen Superman and Batman, none of those have anything to do with magic, yet we know for a fact there's a magic based character in the DCCU, and Wonder Woman is even wearing the lasso of truth in the 1st picture, you cannot have the lasso of truth explained with science, it's just dumb, it would be trying too hard and too forced to have the lasso of truth explained with anything else other than magic.

Greek mythology isn't sophisticated? I have a hard time following your point :lol it just seems to me that you think WW's mythos is too silly to work in a serious "sophisticated" context, yet Superman and Batman somehow aren't? Wonder Woman is a diplomat but she will chop your balls off if you piss her off.

You just told me you wanted this to be a comicbook movie... :huh
It doesn't need to be a verbatim translation, MoS had all the kryptonian bases from the Superman lore, the only thing they changed was the fact that Superman had all of krypton's descendants in his blood, and if you think about it, that doesn't make it more realistic at all, it's actually even more ridiculous.

So, a Wonder Woman movie that embraces its comic book origin doesn't mean it has to be all that close to the comics, but it would be dumb if they tried to explain it any other way than Greek gods, just, no, it doesn't work.

But there's nothing to base that conclusion on, nothing at all, we've only seen Superman and Batman, none of those have anything to do with magic, yet we know for a fact there's a magic based character in the DCCU, and Wonder Woman is even wearing the lasso of truth in the 1st picture, you cannot have the lasso of truth explained with science, it's just dumb, it would be trying too hard and too forced to have the lasso of truth explained with anything else other than magic.

Greek mythology isn't sophisticated? I have a hard time following your point [emoji38] it just seems to me that you think WW's mythos is too silly to work in a serious "sophisticated" context, yet Superman and Batman somehow aren't? Wonder Woman is a diplomat but she will chop your balls off if you piss her off.
I don't think it will work in this DC movie universe I think they are still very much on the Nolan mode were thinks have a practical component, like cat women's Google flip in to ears or Banes venom is really pain medication in the mask so he can take hits, and yes wonder women's lasso is magic and that is why I do not think it will do it in that way it make still make them tell the truth but not because it's magic something else not sure what.

Magic is really the only issue that I do not see being applied in this universe they may choose to call it something else physics or quantum whatever and substitute it for magic, but it's not really magic abracadabra stuff.

Shazam will be part of DC universe but I think it will be like guardians of the galaxy not a part of the avengers world it will exist in its own world independent of them. Plus how would they explain why magic can hurt superman they n we very really explained it properly in the comics any way.

Wonder women is difficult to explain an island full of nothing but women who descened from the myth the amazons are they all super powered or just her.its very contrary to the "realistic " world they are devloping

Do you really think they will introduce a Greek god in this movie universe right after they showed a big "False God" signed paint on the superman statue. Even marvel calls there asgardian gods basicly aliens when in avengers black widow tells cap they are practically gods and cap responds there is only one God mam.

But I will tell you what they will do DC is playing up the the Christ angle big time the Messiah and they fully intend to go all the way with it when, I speculate they will adapt the death and return of superman

Last edited:

I don't think it will work in this DC movie universe I think they are still very much on the Nolan mode were thinks have a practical component, like cat women's Google flip in to ears or Banes venom is really pain medication in the mask so he can take hits, and yes wonder women's lasso is magic and that is why I do not think it will do it in that way it make still make them tell the truth but not because it's magic something else not sure what.
WW with no Greek mythology cannot work, no matter the tone, no matter the approach.
They're not on Nolan mode, you cannot have a flying humanoid alien in Nolan mode.
There's no way to do the lasso of truth without magic without being stupid.

Magic is really the only issue that I do not see being applied in this universe they may choose to call it something else physics or quantum whatever and substitute it for magic, but it's not really magic abracadabra stuff.
Everything Kryptonian isn't any less magical than abracadabra stuff, it's just not.

Shazam will be part of DC universe but I think it will be like guardians of the galaxy not a part of the avengers world it will exist in its own world independent of them. Plus how would they explain why magic can hurt superman they n we very really explained it properly in the comics any way.
Why do they need to explain that? Magic just hurts Superman, what is there to explain? Why does krytonite hurt Superman? Or a red sun?
Also, it doesn't matter if Shazam is "not part of the universe", it still establishes that magic exists in that same universe.

Wonder women is difficult to explain an island full of nothing but women who descened from the myth the amazons are they all super powered or just her.its very contrary to the "realistic " world they are devloping
Again, there is nothing, not a thing, "realistic" about Superman, nothing, and there is nothing realistic about a rich guy who can build an armor to fight Superman, also, an island full of women descended from myth isn't difficult to explain:

1) They are not all super powered, only Wonder Woman, the rest of the amazons are just good fighters.
2) There are only women in the island because all the male babies are discarded and sent to work for Hephaestus.

Do you really think they will introduce a Greek god in this movie universe right after they showed a big "False God" signed paint on the superman statue. Even marvel calls there asgardian gods basicly aliens when in avengers black widow tells cap they are practically gods and cap responds there is only one God mam.
Yes, what's wrong with that? "False god" is a response from the people to Superman, not a factual declaration that gods don't exist, I don't see a problem there.

Besides, Wonder Woman has always been a part of that gods controversy in the comics and Lex Luthor fear mongering towards "gods".

LuthorGodInsult.jpg

And that was a dumb thing to do by the MCU.

But I will tell you what they will DC is play up th as the Christ angle big time the Messiah and they fully intend to go all the way with it when, I speculate they adapt the death and return of superman
That has nothing to do with Wonder Woman, and it doesn't limit Wonder Woman either.

Lke I said, they are not making the heroes realistic, just the context, the world and how it reacts to a silly ridiculous concept like an alien, that shots lases from his eyes and flies, and a demigod rooted in greek mythology isn't any more ridiculous and silly than that, you can't have Superman and be alright with it, and think that Wonder Woman is too silly to work, they're exactly the same.

WW with no Greek mythology cannot work, no matter the tone, no matter the approach.
They're not on Nolan mode, you cannot have a flying humanoid alien in Nolan mode.
There's no way to do the lasso of truth without magic without being stupid.

Everything Kryptonian isn't any less magical than abracadabra stuff, it's just not.

Why do they need to explain that? Magic just hurts Superman, what is there to explain? Why does krytonite hurt Superman? Or a red sun?
Also, it doesn't matter if Shazam is "not part of the universe", it still establishes that magic exists in that same universe.

Again, there is nothing, not a thing, "realistic" about Superman, nothing, and there is nothing realistic about a rich guy who can build an armor to fight Superman, also, an island full of women descended from myth isn't difficult to explain:

1) They are not all super powered, only Wonder Woman, the rest of the amazons are just good fighters.
2) There are only women in the island because all the male babies are discarded and sent to work for Hephaestus.

Yes, what's wrong with that? "False god" is a response from the people to Superman, not a factual declaration that gods don't exist, I don't see a problem there.

Besides, Wonder Woman has always been a part of that gods controversy in the comics and Lex Luthor fear mongering towards "gods".

LuthorGodInsult.jpg

And that was a dumb thing to do by the MCU.

That has nothing to do with Wonder Woman, and it doesn't limit Wonder Woman either.

Lke I said, they are not making the heroes realistic, just the context, the world and how it reacts to a silly ridiculous concept like an alien, that shots lases from his eyes and flies, and a demigod rooted in greek mythology isn't any more ridiculous and silly than that, you can't have Superman and be alright with it, and think that Wonder Woman is too silly to work, they're exactly the same.
We will see I just want to entertained regardless of what they do, but I still think she will be an alien descendent who people mistake for being a god and thus will worship her and build the myth around her

We will see I just want to entertained regardless of what they do, but I still think she will be an alien descendent who people mistake for being a god and thus will worship her and build the myth around her
I knew there was an official statement somewhere, Charles Roven producer of BvS.
Wonder Woman’s in it. We know that. She has powers, she’s a goddess. She’s a demigod. Her father was Zeus.

Skip to 06:58.

He also explains in the video how the Snyderverse is very different from Nolan's Batman "closed universe", how if MoS was successful they intended to populate the universe with more silly superheroes.

Because really, there is no way to do Wonder Woman without the Greek fantasy, Alien workaround would be tacky, cheap and unsophisticated, let alone Kryptonian descent.

I knew there was an official statement somewhere, Charles Roven producer of BvS.

Skip to 06:58.

He also explains in the video how the Snyderverse is very different from Nolan's Batman "closed universe", how if MoS was successful they intended to populate the universe with more silly superheroes.

Because really, there is no way to do Wonder Woman without the Greek fantasy, Alien workaround would be tacky, cheap and unsophisticated, let alone Kryptonian descent.

Well I am sure the myth is there hence they way she is dressed and they may leave it ambiguous but I do not see how they can have her in this world and like show Zeus and stuff. I am really think she is an alien tacky or not I think that is what they will do

What's ambiguous about "She is the daughter of Zeus"? :lol He straight up said she is a demigod, he didn't say anything like "people think she's a demigod".

They don't need to show Zeus, in fact, they don't show him in the comics, gods no longer show their face to humanity, Ares just hangs around as a human wherever there's war and feeds on it, Zeus wanders around the world in human form seducing human women cause that's what he does...

There's nothing that indicates anything about Aliens, you can think that sure, I just don't see anything that backs up that conclusion, in fact, if you want Amazonian Aliens to have a warrior daughter, that's not Wonder Woman, that's Glory, an Image Wonder Woman knock off.

glory03.jpg

What's ambiguous about "She is the daughter of Zeus"? [emoji38] He straight up said she is a demigod, he didn't say anything like "people think she's a demigod".

They don't need to show Zeus, in fact, they don't show him in the comics, gods no longer show their face to humanity, Ares just hangs around as a human wherever there's war and feeds on it, Zeus wanders around the world in human form seducing human women cause that's what he does...

There's nothing that indicates anything about Aliens, you can think that sure, I just don't see anything that backs up that conclusion, in fact, if you want Amazonian Aliens to have a warrior daughter, that's not Wonder Woman, that's Glory, an Image Wonder Woman knock off.

glory03.jpg
I understand that is what you want a real origin story as close as possible to the comic with all the mythos and stuff but will not happen in that same fashion at best they will elude to it in some way, but I can tell the closest you will get to that is a reference like the one they had I avengers .

Even the movie doc strange will use " magic" like what scarlet witch does it will revolve around the stones as a energy source.

I thought that look was crappy for the Lizard, but looked like a great Killer Croc. Looks very much like the Animated Series version. I'm hopeful we'll get something similar at least.

:exactly:

That's exactly what I thought while watching the movie

Back