DC Animated The Dark Knight Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is the problem. :lol

Don't see why its a problem. Its a good enough looking cover -- one of the few that has been truly iconic looking.

Off topic ... I just read through the last couple of pages of a few threads. You need an "emoticon" intervention.

SnakeDoc

Don't see why its a problem. Its a good enough looking cover.

SnakeDoc

But it's a generic Batman picture. WB could've done better and stayed truer to the source. What's the point of spending all that money to animate it in a "Frank Miller" style if you're only going to go and toss a generic Jim Lee-ish illustration on the cover. :huh

But it's a generic Batman picture. WB could've done better and stayed truer to the source. What's the point of spending all that money to animate it in a "Frank Miller" style if you're only going to go and toss a generic Jim Lee-ish illustration on the cover. :huh

:goodpost::exactly:
Cover is as silly as it gets. What's this nonsense about?

How very odd they've tried to be true to Frank Miller's art for the animation but not the cover.

YO8DS.jpg

It's gonna get ripped and put on my NAS anyway, so I don't really care what the cover looks like.

They should have just gone with the same cover the book had. I mean they even had that shot in the trailer, why not use something iconic as that? :slap

If that cover was on any other Batman animated movie it would be fine but as you've all said on Dark Knight Returns it just doesn't fit at all.

Still it will sit on my shelf out of sight so not a huge issue just the spines show & I'll just close my eye's when I take it down to watch it & fumble the disc out blind ;) lol

Neil

My favorite Batman story is the one where Batman punches that one guy in the face.

Back