Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if anything, they need to not make it look like the bust. The PF portrait seems to be accepted as the better version.

I think if anything, they need to not make it look like the bust. The PF portrait seems to be accepted as the better version.

So I get what you are saying when it comes to those Differences, but for the most part IMHO they are quit small and don't make the two heads VERY different. However, that is subjective. As for the PF being accepted as the better version, I haven't seen any real evidence of that. In fact if I looked back I bet a lot of people would argue the opposite to this.

I think this piece looks great. I hope they put an "S" on his cape and tweak the base. That's the only changes I'd like to see. Everything else can stay the same IMHO. I'd also like to see the COH they will be offering on the statue. Other than that, I'm good.

So I get what you are saying when it comes to those Differences, but for the most part IMHO they are quit small and don't make the two heads VERY different. However, that is subjective. As for the PF being accepted as the better version, I haven't seen any real evidence of that. In fact if I looked back I bet a lot of people would argue the opposite to this.

I'll agree with you, they aren't "huge" differences but the slight changes make them look very different.. Let's take an anatomical look.

SSC-Superman-comp1.jpg

We'll go top to bottom.

The Eyebrows, obviously as everyone has pointed out, The PF has more realistic eyebrows while the LSF has a more comicbook styled brow.

The Eyes are diifferent shapes. The PF has a more rounded eye and LSB has thinner eyes, and they seem a bit longer.

The Bridge of the nose. The PF's thins as it reaches the brow, LSB's remains square.

The Cheekbones. The PF's are thinner and protrude less. The LSB's are rounder and more noticeable.

The Nostrals. The PF's nostrils thin as the go back, the LSB's remain rounded.

Mouth, almost no difference except for the PF's mild frown, were the LSB's isn't.

Jawline, very small, the PF's is slightly sharper where the LSB's is slightly more rounded.

Chin, obviously the LSB's is more pronounced.

Did I miss anything?

Okay now let the argument continue.

Josh I think you got them all. Oh, but you missed the hair .... Lol. Now I would say some of those differences have to do with the difference in expression (the Busts whimsical expression vs PFs slacking face), but there are differences

Josh I think you got them all. Oh, but you missed the hair .... Lol. Now I would say some of those differences have to do with the difference in expression (the Busts whimsical expression vs PFs slacking face), but there are differences

This is just my opinion but, I honestly think if they just changed the frown on the PF face to maybe something more like the LSB the whole dynamic would change. Leave everything else though because I think the PF has a more real look about it.

This is just my opinion but, I honestly think if they just changed the frown on the PF face to maybe something more like the LSB the whole dynamic would change. Leave everything else though because I think the PF has a more real look about it.

I'll say it again, you stop bullying him. He can't defend himself! He's fine just the way he is! SS don't change him it is how it was meant to be. :peace:lol

I've only seen like 3 guys on here post they don't like it and they don't read comics lol. Yeh comicbookguy, I'm talking to you lol. :)

THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING. I don not hate the PF head, I just want a little more personality is all.

I like the stoic look more.

See and I don't see it as stoic... the eyes are not selling that wistful look to me at all ... more along the lines of ... "DUHHHHHHHHHHHH"... that or he is under mind control.

Trust me when I am saying I don't want MUCH changed... and in the end if NOTHING is I will be MORE then happy with this head.

The base needs work ... lol.

See and I don't see it as stoic... the eyes are not selling that wistful look to me at all ... more along the lines of ... "DUHHHHHHHHHHHH"... that or he is under mind control.

Trust me when I am saying I don't want MUCH changed... and in the end if NOTHING is I will be MORE then happy with this head.

The base needs work ... lol.

LOL, relax, you're getting a second head sculpt...can't help you with the Base though. I honestly don't mind the base as much as other people do.

Overall they have done a fine job with this. At the risk of seriously F'ing something up I hope they make no changes to the sculpt really. If they wanna make a flashier base fine but leave him alone.

I agree, I really like this Superman PF! Imho, I like it much better than the Batman PF, Looking forward to this getting released!

Back