Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys really like to assume you're the only ones of the thousands who will buy this. I personally think the EX head looks great and I like the effect they are going for. Just red eyes makes him look demonic or just super pissed, but the wave effect makes you immediately understand that it is for his heat vision. I can't wait to see this piece in person. I don't even like Superman, but they've done such a good job I think it would be a shame not to have him and Batman both.

I'm curious to see how the smolder effect looks too. Hard to tell with all the photoshop.

Oh GAWD, go have a drink brother. Sounds like you need it. Or you need something else, I'm not sure what. :slap :cuckoo: anger management or a good ****. Night all, I'm not in the mood to drink all the kool-aid tonight.

Personal attacks? I'm mad? :dunno

I totally agree. The more confident stance on the original looks better too. The new pics, he looks kind of tired.

6476102C-C360-40BF-A8B8-E573FC9B6AFB-859-000000F69AFEDCB0_zpsc6ba4ed0.jpg

This comparison pic taken from the other forum!

Ummm... That's my comparison pic. They took it from me. It was posted here about 10 pages back.

And people are saying the red eyes would have sufficed. That's part of the problem. It's about excelling. The original Superman PF would have sufficed to, but they went beyond and above that for something more. Plenty have done the red eyes before and many will after, but going for an effect without just basic red paint or light up is what will separate the artistic direction of this piece versus another. It's what will keep it unique. Obviously not everyone will ever like the change of head so saying "just go for the safe route" isn't really an argument worthy of saying.

At the very least wait for the rest of the pictures.

If they managed to come up with something better than plain, old red paint, they have my attention. I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand just because it has the potential to look gimmicky. And if, in the end, it doesn't work, then I'll be more than happy with a regular.

AWESOME! LOVE EVERY ****ING THING ABOUT THIS STATUE!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Its something on him that looks good enough for me. If it was Alex Ross old I would not be happy. He does look old but something on this revised version does it for me. I don't jump for joy. But I can learn to like this. The ex face I don't like the things coming out of his eyes. Looks more like a mask once you take away the SS special effects photos. I hope the ex face has the red eyes only. I like this revised version better.

I'd be happy with either sculpt. The ex isn't a must with those weird worm things. Might wait for the aftermarket with this since they're going to make 9500 of him. Joker PF can't even sell for over $300 on ebay these days 'cause they made so many of him. Sellers are a$king for more but no one's buying. If they make a ton of these I'll be able to get one for like $250 on ebay soon enough. Works for me :) aside from that, awesome sculpt on the Reg.

Who cares......

apparently you do if you took the time to comment on it :cuckoo:

it seems ink always likes to jab at people any time they say something remotely against the SS gods he worships. :rotfl Anyhoo, I think a free market allows people to have an opinion that differs from one another. To each their own. :peace

na, I just think he hates all people equally :wink1:

While Ink can be a grump at times I think his "Who Cares" was more of a crack at yet another post complaining about high ES and the worth of a statue not going up. Except here the guy seems to be complaining and the bragging all at the same time. Just sort of boring I guess. I thought the "Who Cares" statement fit. Not with regards to the posters feelings but to the point of who cares if they make a ton and you can get one for cheap down the road if you choose or you can pick up the EX now at full price. Sounds like everyone wins.

I think the cape is way too long and distracts from the clean, smooth lines of the suit and base; too many weird folds and too much going on with the cape. It looks like they brought in someone with a entirely different mindset to sculpt the cape. Sucks, 'cause the rest of the figure is spectacular. And I don't know what was wrong with the first head sculpt 'cause it looked great to me. This new version works as well.

BB

I'd be happy with either sculpt. The ex isn't a must with those weird worm things. Might wait for the aftermarket with this since they're going to make 9500 of him. Joker PF can't even sell for over $300 on ebay these days 'cause they made so many of him. Sellers are a$king for more but no one's buying. If they make a ton of these I'll be able to get one for like $250 on ebay soon enough. Works for me :) aside from that, awesome sculpt on the Reg.

I think your right. If I buy the reg I will wait for eBay when they flood the market. I know some don't care. But I'm a budget buyer and like to save money when I can. :wink1: btw is there even a ex version head? Or is it like batman all comes with 2 heads?

While Ink can be a grump at times I think his "Who Cares" was more of a crack at yet another post complaining about high ES and the worth of a statue not going up. Except here the guy seems to be complaining and the bragging all at the same time. Just sort of boring I guess. I thought the "Who Cares" statement fit. Not with regards to the posters feelings but to the point of who cares if they make a ton and you can get one for cheap down the road if you choose or you can pick up the EX now at full price. Sounds like everyone wins.

He's a mod and needs to stop instigating crap. I can't stand the guy and wish they would remove him.

BB

I think your right. If I buy the reg I will wait for eBay when they flood the market. I know some don't care. But I'm a budget buyer and like to save money when I can. :wink1: btw is there even a ex version head? Or is it like batman all comes with 2 heads?

The second head is the EX. Also, bull____ at you being a budget buyer your collection of statues is very expensive :lol

Not trying to ever brag, I'm just very repetitive lol. Ink can be a grump and I can be repetive, yes, no biggie. It's okay to care about ES. Some of us do, some of us don't. So what? One thing we can agree on is we're all getting this statue somehow. Besides that, this is a forum and I don't see why people need to jump on people for having a different opinion. I don't think people should take this all so serious. I certainly don't. We're collecting comic book figures! :) Anyway, just had to respond to this. I look forward to reading all your thoughts on the Supes PF with my morning tea. Night all :peace

Thanks CBG :1-1: G'night freaks. Till tomorrow! At least the Supes reveal has brought my interest back to SS big time...

Come on CBG. You were losing your mind when the Joker EX came out and you didn't have one. I am sure you paid an arm and a leg for that. Who you kidding.

Not trying to ever brag, I'm just very repetitive lol. Ink can be a grump and I can be repetive, yes, no biggie. It's okay to care about ES. Some of us do, some of us don't. So what? One thing we can agree on is we're all getting this statue somehow. Besides that, this is a forum and I don't see why people need to jump on people for having a different opinion. I don't think people should take this all so serious. I certainly don't. We're collecting comic book figures! :) Anyway, just had to respond to this. I look forward to reading all your thoughts on the Supes PF with my morning tea. Night all :peace

Good points..

Back