Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the 'Heat Vision' head had a slightly angry expression, something different. Right now he seems to be quite contended with whatever he barbecued.

3002151_press01-001_zps42f0a154.jpg

Something like this maybe...

sm-209-19-01-2_zps2b0beb4a.jpg

I wish the 'Heat Vision' head had a slightly angry expression, something different. Right now he seems to be quite contended with whatever he barbecued.

3002151_press01-001_zps42f0a154.jpg

Something like this maybe...

sm-209-19-01-2_zps2b0beb4a.jpg

It is angry. Look at the marks near the eyebrows and in between. The shots they use make it hard to tell without a closeup, but it looks to me like they tried to add the subtle details necessary to at least convey a stern focus or some kind of anger.

Ok, I still don't like his trunks. Looks like a diaper. All the other comics I've seen have the trunks better looking.

The new sculpt does have a strong resemblance to Tom Beringer.

The Heat Vision EX head isn't a must-have for me.

I'm sitting on the fence for this one.

Ok, I still don't like his trunks. Looks like a diaper. All the other comics I've seen have the trunks better looking.

The new sculpt does have a strong resemblance to Tom Beringer.

The Heat Vision EX head isn't a must-have for me.

I'm sitting on the fence for this one.

I think the reason the trunks look like this is because it is composed of fabrics and they want it to sit properly with the leg stretched up so it fives it this weird look as opposed to if it was fully sculpted. I don't get why they couldn't sew it shut or something so that it fit nice and tight on the spandex. It's kind of annoying how even from a zoomed out pic you can clearly see where it just sits on top. Those gaps make it look way too loose.

I think the reason the trunks look like this is because it is composed of fabrics and they want it to sit properly with the leg stretched up so it fives it this weird look as opposed to if it was fully sculpted. I don't get why they couldn't sew it shut or something so that it fit nice and tight on the spandex. It's kind of annoying how even from a zoomed out pic you can clearly see where it just sits on top. Those gaps make it look way too loose.

If Hot Toys can make a 1/6th version with Chris Reeve with the proper trunks, I don't see why Sideshow can't handle the same in 1/4th scale. And yes, the Hot Toys one is also fabric.

They could have gone with a tad bit more of an angrier expression, but I'm good with it. I'm not gonna start picking this apart between the cape the ex head eyes the red underwear and everything everyone's mentioning. This looks awesome IMO and while some of you are considering this ill be placing my order. :wink1:

I really like the EX head. :) Heat squiggles and all. But I feel I should put in my replacement request now for when it arrives broken.

The 1st thing I thought is this looks really good, although not as much as Batman, even with Batman's weird cape. For $400 Batman has more details throughout, from the tailoring to the sculpting. Superman should have cost less ($350-$370), but SS knows we'll buy it anyway. No sense in complaining when I'm part of the problem, but it means I'll have to cut from my list of SS orders as $400 steadily becomes the normal PF price.

I've weighed up everyones excellent points and decided. ....... I'm buying it!!! It's an SS feckin Superman! You know you want one

Right guys, i've set my stall out early and am ready to pre order! Nothing will get in my way! Come the rise of the Sun on Thursday the 28th of March i will not eat, i will not sleep, i will not do any chores until this beauty is pre ordered....I PROMISE YOU THIS MUCH! :lecture EX or Fail! :pfft:

Right guys, i've set my stall out early and am ready to pre order! Nothing will get in my way! Come the rise of the Sun on Thursday the 28th of March i will not eat, i will not sleep, i will not do any chores until this beauty is pre ordered....I PROMISE YOU THIS MUCH! :lecture EX or Fail! :pfft:

:lol I think i'll join you.

Come on CBG. You were losing your mind when the Joker EX came out and you didn't have one. I am sure you paid an arm and a leg for that. Who you kidding.

Wow you still remember this? :rotfl yes I remember, it was a tough cookie to get. But I do admit I like to save a few bucks when I know I can. Unless there's no other way I will buy it. For most of the new ones I'm not in a rush. As for supes his ex head is the younger looking supes! Now to find out what his eyes look like with pics of no special effects added photos from PO day.

:lol I think i'll join you.

This will last a few weeks if not months longer than bats and ivy ex.

Back