Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3002151_press01-001.jpg

I'll have this! EX!

So I was madly refreshing at work, hoping and praying, saw this, went out for 4 drinks, and now I can finally post...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Josh that's impossible 'cause they're gonna make an ES of like 9500 of these but I respect your point. Like a total 'lose lol I've checked ebay and Joker Reg is already selling way below retail. If you look under the "sold" category on ebay most Joker PFs sell for under $300 these days. Why? Because SS made too many of them. The same thing will happen with Supes Reg and Batman Reg. Regardless, Supes is an awesome pf and if the Ex looks better than expected then I'm down for paying $400. However, if those Ex eyes look like Supes is wearing Elton John or Lady Gaga sunglasses then I'm saving myself a buck and waiting to buy the reg for cheaper down the line (no offense to Elton or Lady Gaga btw--very talented peeps just horrible costumes imho :lol).

Name me one Marvel or DC character that SSC has released a REG statue of that skyrocketed in the aftermarket less than a year after being released. Almost all REGs sell for retail or less soon after being released. Joker is no different. Only EX pieces can spike a bit in so short a time.

REG statues are offered at a discount (under retail) by just about any e-merchant online when SSC puts up a piece for PO. Everyone knows that REGs are usually worth less than EXs in the aftermarket.

If your whole point is that the Supes REG can be had for less than retail, you are right. This applies to just about any REG SSC releases. Very few REGs spike in value on the aftermarket. The ones that do usually have been out for a few years. So if you want to save some dollars order a REG. For me it's EX all the way. You won't find many of those under retail.

This will be the only Superman statue I own, and it looks really good. I preferred original head sculpt a little more. High hopes for Bats as well, been waiting on him forever... Barman and Superman have both been pretty impressive, and even Green Lantern look good. Sideshow is really doing great with their DC PFs thus far. Insane ed #s though..

your stats are off, I'm 100% happy, so :dunno

No, you read the statement wrong. :lecture

Why take an unnecessary risk with the EX when nearly everyone knows that the regular red eye's would have sufficed? It's like putting that last splash of paint on a masterpiece just because you had extra paint left. :thud:

On a piece like this it doesn't matter anyway. It will sell out but that doesn't mean everyone should just be happy about it. If people don't voice concerns about designs we just keep getting fed mass produced statue's with premium price tags and "flame" effects.

###looks at vader mythos statue###

Who cares......

I...wait, no I don't.

Josh that's impossible 'cause they're gonna make an ES of like 9500 of these but I respect your point. Like a total 'lose lol I've checked ebay and Joker Reg is already selling way below retail. If you look under the "sold" category on ebay most Joker PFs sell for under $300 these days. Why? Because SS made too many of them. The same thing will happen with Supes Reg and Batman Reg. Regardless, Supes is an awesome pf and if the Ex looks better than expected then I'm down for paying $400. However, if those Ex eyes look like Supes is wearing Elton John or Lady Gaga sunglasses then I'm saving myself a buck and waiting to buy the reg for cheaper down the line (no offense to Elton or Lady Gaga btw--very talented peeps just horrible costumes imho :lol).

The real question is, why do you care? :dunno

:exactly::exactly::exactly: either. Just rude or a miserable person, a little of both probably

^^^This guy cares.

luke%2Bhair.jpg

I feel there is a great need for personal attacks.

Clearly.

'Cause lol my watching The Suze Orman Show has me being very careful with money these days (seriously). I just want to be sure that if I purchase something that I can at least recoup what I paid for it if I need to let it go. I've cut down on the SS purchases as of late but am allowing myself to get Supes one way or another (FYI only 'cause you asked). :wink1:

'Cause lol my watching The Suze Orman Show has me being very careful with money these days (seriously). I just want to be sure that if I purchase something that I can at least recoup what I paid for it if I need to let it go. I've cut down on the SS purchases as of late but am allowing myself to get Supes one way or another (FYI only 'cause you asked). :wink1:

Why do I care that you won't shut up about something that you don't even make sense about when you endlessly obsess about it? Because it's obnoxious.

If you're so sure you can get it below retail, why would you be worried that you won't get back what you paid? For someone trying to save money, you certainly seem to ***** a lot about what you want being sold in a manner that will guarantee that it will be cheaper later on.

Definitely going to PO this one the first day! :D

Oh come on man you know how this works.

There's going to nearly 1000 pages of whining and complaining all the way up until the piece ships. Then everyone who doesn't have one will whine and complain for another 1000 pages about how they can't find one anywhere near the original $400 price tag even though a good portion of them were able to pre-order.

The game is afoot, Watson!

Just the usual MO at Sideshow Freaks! :lol

I concur :lecture This will be easy order for me too. Now bring on Wonder Woman :drool

:lecture Bring it, Sideshow, BRING IT!! :rock

I've been saving my money for a long time now....I've got $28 dollars How much is this again?......$399 dollars....Oh My!:(
.... I'm gonna make it sound like it sucks, so that they don't think I can't afford it. Yeah...That's what i'll do. It just might work! lol

Why do I care that you won't shut up about something that you don't even make sense about when you endlessly obsess about it? Because it's obnoxious.

If you're so sure you can get it below retail, why would you be worried that you won't get back what you paid? For someone trying to save money, you certainly seem to ***** a lot about what you want being sold in a manner that will guarantee that it will be cheaper later on.

Oh GAWD, go have a drink brother. Sounds like you need it. Or you need something else, I'm not sure what. :slap :cuckoo: anger management or a good ****. Night all, I'm not in the mood to drink all the kool-aid tonight.

Back