Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly more close up.... Gotta say I love this portrait... I do wish we could get the SDCC head as an alternate one as well though

null_zps631024f5.jpg

a gray and white customs little paint job in the hair and we have the old kent

old_superman.jpg

i need to see more pics from the ex head,its too weird, those....worms?¿?

36485016.jpg

Ok, I still don't like his trunks. Looks like a diaper. All the other comics I've seen have the trunks better looking.

The new sculpt does have a strong resemblance to Tom Beringer.

The Heat Vision EX head isn't a must-have for me.

I'm sitting on the fence for this one.

If Hot Toys can make a 1/6th version with Chris Reeve with the proper trunks, I don't see why Sideshow can't handle the same in 1/4th scale. And yes, the Hot Toys one is also fabric.

I agree.The trunks look too loose. It looks like a diaper. I agree about the Hot Toys figure. They could also just sew the red trunks to the blue, just like the old Megos.

Something about his head and neck looks stiff to me.

No, you read the statement wrong. :lecture

Why take an unnecessary risk with the EX when nearly everyone knows that the regular red eye's would have sufficed? It's like putting that last splash of paint on a masterpiece just because you had extra paint left. :thud:

On a piece like this it doesn't matter anyway. It will sell out but that doesn't mean everyone should just be happy about it. If people don't voice concerns about designs we just keep getting fed mass produced statue's with premium price tags and "flame" effects.

###looks at vader mythos statue###

so you went from 100% of the people being unhappy about it, to doesn't mean everyone should be happy about it. That was a quick change in opinion :lol

While Ink can be a grump at times I think his "Who Cares" was more of a crack at yet another post complaining about high ES and the worth of a statue not going up. Except here the guy seems to be complaining and the bragging all at the same time. Just sort of boring I guess. I thought the "Who Cares" statement fit. Not with regards to the posters feelings but to the point of who cares if they make a ton and you can get one for cheap down the road if you choose or you can pick up the EX now at full price. Sounds like everyone wins.

Who Cares :pfft:

so you went from 100% of the people being unhappy about it, to doesn't mean everyone should be happy about it. That was a quick change in opinion :lol

If they keep selling out, Sideshow will never get the message that no one is wants to buy their stuff. :lecture

Wait, whut?

The real question is, why do you care? :dunno

'Cause lol my watching The Suze Orman Show has me being very careful with money these days (seriously). I just want to be sure that if I purchase something that I can at least recoup what I paid for it if I need to let it go. I've cut down on the SS purchases as of late but am allowing myself to get Supes one way or another (FYI only 'cause you asked). :wink1:

Early on the Ex will hold its value ... Reg won't ... Nuff said

Oh GAWD, go have a drink brother. Sounds like you need it. Or you need something else, I'm not sure what. :slap :cuckoo: anger management or a good ****. Night all, I'm not in the mood to drink all the kool-aid tonight.

You need to kind of figure out that repeating something over and over gets annoying .... I should know I do it too.

While Ink can be a grump at times I think his "Who Cares" was more of a crack at yet another post complaining about high ES and the worth of a statue not going up. Except here the guy seems to be complaining and the bragging all at the same time. Just sort of boring I guess. I thought the "Who Cares" statement fit. Not with regards to the posters feelings but to the point of who cares if they make a ton and you can get one for cheap down the road if you choose or you can pick up the EX now at full price. Sounds like everyone wins.

Yeppers

I think your right. If I buy the reg I will wait for eBay when they flood the market. I know some don't care. But I'm a budget buyer and like to save money when I can. :wink1: btw is there even a ex version head? Or is it like batman all comes with 2 heads?

Wow you still remember this? :rotfl yes I remember, it was a tough cookie to get. But I do admit I like to save a few bucks when I know I can. Unless there's no other way I will buy it. For most of the new ones I'm not in a rush. As for supes his ex head is the younger looking supes! Now to find out what his eyes look like with pics of no special effects added photos from PO day.

This will last a few weeks if not months longer than bats and ivy ex.

You are on CRACK if you don't think this will sell out faster then a week or a month, or at a rate faster then a Batarang or a couple of mutant plants. The X statues,for Batman, Ivy, and even the grey Hulk sold at a rate of about 500 statues a day. This is a COH with energy trails coming out of the eyes similar to that on Gabits EX hand, and it is SUPERMAN. This will sell VERY fast. How many days depends on the ES. Batman size I give it 3-4 at the MOST. Up towards 3000 5-6 days max. Finally, with ALL of the characters you have spent tens of thousands of dollars on CBG you are going to "save" maybe $200 on SUPERMAN?!?!? I am sorry that just doesn't make any sense to me

Good to know they are removable :wink1:

Sorry to burst your bubble Joseph, but I think she was talking about removing the photoshop effects on the EX pic. I think the EX effect is going to be a clear resign trail similar to the Gambit EX hand so I don't know if it will be removable.

Name me one Marvel or DC character that SSC has released a REG statue of that skyrocketed in the aftermarket less than a year after being released. Almost all REGs sell for retail or less soon after being released. Joker is no different. Only EX pieces can spike a bit in so short a time.

Well, probably an exception, but here in Europe you couldn't find a Reg Spidey Comiquette as people started to get their local preorders. I had one and then the retailer told me he was getting fewer units than he initially was told and that I was basically SOL. I had to buy it somewhere else for twice the retail price. That was my sourest experience statue-wise and almost made me quit the whole thing.

Actually, too bad it didn't. :ohbfrank:

CAhobbit said:
.. (And yes, many of those will be sans special effects).
Good to know they are removable :wink1:

I think she only meant the photographic effects. Or were you just being cheeky? :)

Barman and Superman have both been pretty impressive

Barman is great indeed. :D

barmanb.jpg

Can I join your club? Pretty please? I'll bring cookies.

Yes you can Shoo, seeing as you knew who Roberto Baggio was. You can share Jay's half of his exclusive. Visiting arrangments can be made once the item has shipped. I was thinking one month at yours then one month at Jays...:hi5:

OMG.... the *****ing that has ensued since I last checked in. No one has even seen a real photo of the EX just some photo shop picture of the trails. I am pretty sure they will look pretty boss in person. Otherwise, why would they include them?:dunno

Back