Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snap it off and ask for replacement head:monkey3

tumblr_mhct9dwNcz1s0whizo1_r1_500.gif

I think the new base looks good, the pose is great as is the cape and cloth.

I just do not like the Head sculpt at all. I don't want a 50yr old Supes I want a younger looking Supes for sure.

I know that there are comics out there with Grey B@lls Superman but the majority of us know him in his younger form.

I feel the same way about the bust but maybe I am just to used to the Jim Lee, New 52 style that old man face looks wrong.

Keen to see more on the EX head though. This will have a huge ES and will not be a grail but lets face it, I want a JL lineup and this will be my only option.

Still a light up feature for the red eyes would have been cool.

Just my 2c

:goodpost: I agree, the reg face is not great compare to Jim lee style fans like me and you. But what they did to it worked out better than I expected. I was expecting 100% Alex Ross old man style. But this one looks older, some how I think I can still get used to it. The tweaking was good for me. So it a buy for me.

Okay I thInk that half the problem with some thinking he looks to old is all of the smoke effects used for these photos... It has made his hair and skin look dull which makes him look older.

Here is the recent pic... Which I think looks great

null_zps901645e1.jpg

There is a lot of smoke in that pic... So here it is a little closer

null_zps13846300.jpg

And again

null_zps631024f5.jpg

Now I don't think he looks nearly as old once you get past all of the effects they have thrown in the way... But even better HERE is a close up on his face from their recent video where there are no photoshop or smoke effects.

null_zpsf637b70a.jpg

In my opinion he looks like he is in his thirties or forties... Once we get rid of all the stuff they threw into the pics to spice it up so to speak.

In my opinion he looks awesome, and I can't wait to SEE the photos on THURSDAY. To those of you not interested in the EX it is okay... The more for the rest of us:yess:

They should have just went full ball on the EX. I can't recall red smoke coming from any superman eye beams ....ever.

If you were going to sculpt "things" coming out of his eye's why not just sculpt the actual beam?

Also didn't batman come with 2 heads on the regular?

Okay I thInk that half the problem with some thinking he looks to old is all of the smoke effects used for these photos... It has made his hair and skin look dull which makes him look older.

Here is the recent pic... Which I think looks great

null_zps901645e1.jpg

There is a lot of smoke in that pic... So here it is a little closer

null_zps13846300.jpg

And again

null_zps631024f5.jpg

Now I don't think he looks nearly as old once you get past all of the effects they have thrown in the way... But even better HERE is a close up on his face from their recent video where there are no photoshop or smoke effects.

null_zpsf637b70a.jpg

In my opinion he looks like he is in his thirties or forties... Once we get rid of all the stuff they threw into the pics to spice it up so to speak.

In my opinion he looks awesome, and I can't wait to SEE the photos on THURSDAY. To those of you not interested in the EX it is okay... The more for the rest of us:yess:

224661_10151387428838562_207148177_n.jpg

They should have just went full ball on the EX. I can't recall red smoke coming from any superman eye beams ....ever.

If you were going to sculpt "things" coming out of his eye's why not just sculpt the actual beam?

Also didn't batman come with 2 heads on the regular?

I have seen it drawn with the smoke effects trailing behind his head, in fact there have already been a few pics posted here. It is an aftermath of AFTER he has fired the beams out of his eyes. If they sculpted the beams coming right out it would be a breakage nightmare. Also, I am pretty sure the EX is the head just like Joker:lecture

I'm with spidey on this for sure

Dude I am SO excited about this bad boy... It will be my FIRST OFFICIAL SSC PO!!!!!!:yess:

Oh and GOD these bad boys look SO GOOD TOGETHER!!!!

null_zpsca6fe6b1.jpg

Of course, I've had the Bat EX on order since Day one and I don't think it will be any different for Superman...hell even with all my whining I even sneaked in a waitlist for the EX GL. :yess:

Lol... I would have gotten on the Waitlist for GL, but I have to aim my collection a little differently....lol. I have a Bat Ex coming soonish...lol, and now Supes so I am just going to be a bit careful with my POs. oh and saving for the Hulk Maq a becoming a priority for me too....l:rotfl

Lol... I would have gotten on the Waitlist for GL, but I have to aim my collection a little differently....lol. I have a Bat Ex coming soonish...lol, and now Supes so I am just going to be a bit careful with my POs. oh and saving for the Hulk Maq a becoming a priority for me too....l:rotfl

How did you get the Bat EX soonish? I got an email about a week ago saying it was pushed back on my Flexpay until August.

How did you get the Bat EX soonish? I got an email about a week ago saying it was pushed back on my Flexpay until August.

Oh by soonish I mean August or Sept....lol.

I was tempted t make a bs lie about KNOWING someone at the SSC factory and they were getting it to me early, but I am not sure if you know anything about the "gezzivygate" lol

I have seen it drawn with the smoke effects trailing behind his head, in fact there have already been a few pics posted here. It is an aftermath of AFTER he has fired the beams out of his eyes. If they sculpted the beams coming right out it would be a breakage nightmare. Also, I am pretty sure the EX is the head just like Joker:lecture

No I think the EX is a batterang "thing" from memory. Which I guess means this is the same price with less (not sure of the pricing yet?)

Full beams (or larger) wouldn't have been anymore than a breakage nightmare than these IMO.

I'll wait to see how it turns out. I'll probably flip the EX head since there seems to be a few modders keen on experimenting.

Oh I do, I was lurking and found it hysterically funny and pathetic.

D,an so it would have been a funny joke... Damn it....lol

No I think the EX is a batterang "thing" from memory. Which I guess means this is the same price with less (not sure of the pricing yet?)

Full beams (or larger) wouldn't have been anymore than a breakage nightmare than these IMO.

I'll wait to see how it turns out. I'll probably flip the EX head since there seems to be a few modders keen on experimenting.

no Solar.... You are right Batman has two heads and a Batarang for the EX... Joker has two heads for the EX... And Superman is the same as Joker, but REALY there isn't much else you could do with Superman for the Ex. I will also add though that this is going to be a damn big statue at over two feet. I am sure we will get our money's worth at the confirmed price of $399.

You know I like this head....

null_zpsc09c93a4.jpg

I think once we get rid of some of the photoshop effects many more people will be pleased with it.... And oh yeah.....

null_zpsb8061cc1.jpg

Lol... Thanks Josh!!!!!

Back