Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3002151_press02.jpg

And with those images, all doubt has been removed. The EX is a fail, but the REG is SUPER!

Still wish the base wasn't so lame.

Must say, was a bit sad about not owning the Ex., but looking at these pics, I guess I won't be that sad after all.

3002151_press03.jpg

If you look at the heat trails on Ex head close up it looks gross, it looks like they are going into his eyes. Reminds me of something you'd see out of a horror movie

The most painful easy-pass of my life

WTF?¿?¿? :horror

3002151_press03.jpg

19.jpg

seriosly...WTF¿?¿?¿? :cuckoo:

completely expressionless

300215_press02.jpg

falseface_1.jpg

congrats to future buyers,I get off this one

:wave

The first pic looks like the victim in a really bad slasher flick. Eyes gouged out and gross IMHO. This EX design is definitely a mess in need of an adjustment. I'm sure SS will adjust it. Thank God for the Reg. He looks a little too botoxed in the Reg but I'm still getting that one soon enough. :rotfl

The Ex being something I don't want is always good news to me as I hate buying stuff from the States & having to pay import tax etc. Reg will do just fine for me.

Take away the curly wurlys the HS actually looks really good though. I'm sure people on here will customise it, it's a pretty easy fix. I'm just not bothered enough to buy it though.

LMAO SS is trolling real good with that ex head, looks ridonkulous! It's a shame the head sculpt looks real nice too.

Even if I kinda liked the EX. Do you know how tired I am going to be of having people ask me "What's wrong with Superman's eyes?"?

I can appreciate what they were trying to do with the Ex head. It just don't work. Like I said I don't want to have to explain to everyone why Superman's eyes are messed up. If we think it looks strange, imagine what the person with limited comic knowledge will think.

Lol, I was thinking exactly the same.

What a shame. The ex portrait and angle without the red fairy eyes would have been perfect.

There are certain "effects" that dont translate well to a 3D sculpt, electricity is one and it seems steaming heat vision squiggles is another.

Such a shame to ruin a beautiful head sculpt.

Yep, in my opinion the effect they were going for doesn't work. Sometimes they try too hard.

If you look at the heat trails on Ex head close up it looks gross, it looks like they are going into his eyes. Reminds me of something you'd see out of a horror movie

The first pic looks like the victim in a really bad slasher flick. Eyes gouged out and gross IMHO. This EX design is definitely a mess in need of an adjustment.

Hehe, almost my words on the other site. Gross it is, imo. And awkward. And silly. That side angle is just... painful. Such a waste of a beautiful sculpt.

We had to wait this long for the Supes PO and this is what they come up with for the Ex?........Seriously?

Take away the curly wurlys the HS actually looks really good though. I'm sure people on here will customise it, it's a pretty easy fix. I'm just not bothered enough to buy it though.

Exactly what I will do... Face sculpt looks great and will just rip out his eyes and fill in and paint gloss red

Pretty sure they will change it. From what I've seen, when there is an uproar about something in here, SSC is listening. Of course, they COULD change it for the worse somehow but strong chance it will get changed nonetheless. I will order EX regardless because I want the option of the second head and will hope they go ahead and change it to something better.

Yep, in my opinion the effect they were going for doesn't work. Sometimes they try too hard.

Hehe, almost my words on the other site. Gross it is, imo. And awkward. And silly. That side angle is just... painful. Such a waste of a beautiful sculpt.

Yes completely agree.

Wawawa...I will happily own the ex comes thursday

:exactly::goodpost: :lol

I think the EX head looks cool. There is no pleasing some of you. I highly doubt they are going to change anything because they have already delayed Superman once. They are not going to do it again.

Best case: Sideshow will throw in the original EX head along with the new EX and original head.

So true. I actually like the Ex head better but it was ruined by adding that crappy effect. I might actually break them off, probably be a huge improvement to the statue :lol

Back