DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

That's because you are paying the importer an extra fee. I ordered Snake from HLJ, and it was around $60 (shipping is not much more than shipping from the U.S.). Link was about $30. The costs of producing and selling these figures aren't as high as you are paying, in other words.

I wanted the exclusive gun and box, so I didn't PO from HLJ. Still, $60, 50, or 40 is a lot for a 6 inch figure.

Sallah, are you going to be getting extras for your kids?

I personally can't see these lasting very long when handled for posing, let alone a careful, enthusiastic kid that wants to play with them. I know from past videos one of your sons hates excessive or loose articulation right? I bet these drive him nuts.

They all start around $29 (imported) and can go up to $40+, depending on the size/accessories.

If the demand is high for a particular character, the price can go WAY up after a few weeks on the market.

$29...say what? I don't think so. The figma Link starts $49 + shipping here in the States , The Goku is $31 +shipping and handling and that one doesn't come with much, Android 16 and Broly are $60+. The only SH figuarts I've seen for less than $30 are the Super Mario figures and even Luigi is over $30, but I'm still getting it. I PO the new Figma Solid Snake, and that one is $89, for a 6 inch figure :lol

Figma Pit $79 (he's getting expensive!) - Pit Figma Kid Icarus Max Factory Smash Bros | eBay

Figma Link $41 - Kirin Hobby : Figma # 153 Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword: Link Action Figure 4545784062432

S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Goku $29 - Amazon.com: Bandai Tamashii Nations Super Saiyan Son Goku "Dragonball Z" S.H. Figuarts Action Figure: Toys & Games

No excuse for Batman's problems, he's a very simple figure.

Sallah, are you going to be getting extras for your kids?

I personally can't see these lasting very long when handled for posing, let alone a careful, enthusiastic kid that wants to play with them. I know from past videos one of your sons hates excessive or loose articulation right? I bet these drive him nuts.

Ha! Funny you say that...

I am getting extras for them. My youngest will play with them (he is pretty gentle... but if they break, he won't care if it is glued), but my oldest (the one who doesn't like the joints) has already been saying these he might keep packaged (!). He said he has ones he can play with (the Kenner versions), so these will go on the wall for display.

Not sure if he will stick to that, but it is the first time he has ever contemplated keeping stuff carded.

Sallah

I definitely wouldn't order these online, too risky. You're basically going in blind as to what you're buying. I saw a couple the other day with horribly painted eyes, bat-symbols painted on incorrectly (didn't match up) and smears. Hell, I thought I picked up a perfect one and not only did the ankles break, but there was that weird mold deformity on the side of the torso that the twist tie was covering up.

Online, you're essentially going in blind. A least in stores you get a chance to cherry pick. When it comes down to it, you could even buy 2-3 in a store, open them up, inspect/cherry pick the best one and then take the other 2-3 back. That seems like too much of a hassle in my opinion, but if someone is looking for a "good one", going to the store to see them in person is way better than buying them online from a store that has a random stock photo. Also, it's not like this figure is going to sell out. There are going to be sooooo many of this bastard. It's a wave 1 figure, it's the first figure, it's Batman, it's the holidays and the start of a new year. There's going to be a butt load.

On the subject of SH figuarts. I bought the whole set of the Mighty Morphin 93' Power Rangers they did (minus the White and Black armored rangers) and none of them had problems. They retail in the US for $39 and overseas for $30. They're smaller, more complex and have way more accessories. ALL the paint applications are perfect, from the visor accents on the helmet to the body suits. No bleeds, no slop, no mistakes. Those are clean and pure quality. They also have attractive packages that are collector friendly. You don't have to rip them open and damage the box, sort of like Hot Toys.

Thanks for the info, man. I'll be skipping anything TNBA, but I wanted to get seven of the eight BTAS figures, starting with Catwoman.

This is really frustrating. I can't say for certain because I don't own them, but it seems like WWE and NECA's Planet of the Apes figures are immaculate. (Pained, whiny voice activated) Why can't this be the case with these figures? :banghead

Thanks for the info, man. I'll be skipping anything TNBA, but I wanted to get seven of the eight BTAS figures, starting with Catwoman.

This is really frustrating. I can't say for certain because I don't own them, but it seems like WWE and NECA's Planet of the Apes figures are immaculate. (Pained, whiny voice activated) Why can't this be the case with these figures? :banghead

WWE? The Mattel figures?

WWE? The Mattel figures?

Yeah, aren't those supposed to be great? I picked up a NECA Rambo a couple of weeks ago from TRU and mine was the only decent one out of seven. Still had mis-painted nipples. How can anyone miss the sculpted nipples? SMH.

I turn around and see row after row of WWE figures with perfect paint apps, eyes, everything.

I wanted the exclusive gun and box, so I didn't PO from HLJ. Still, $60, 50, or 40 is a lot for a 6 inch figure.
Not nearly as bad as the prices you listed before though, and as I think flore is arguing (and that I agree with), some of these Asian figures are much better values, in the sense that they are much higher quality than what you seem to be getting from DC Direct, or other U.S.-based companies. $60 is the upper end of what I've seen the newer, mass released Figmas go for. Samus and Link were both around $30 for me. Typically they, and the Figuarts stuff, are more like $30-40. And for that price, you're getting something maybe 3 or 4 times better, quality-wise, than the typical DC Direct, Mattel, or Hasbro figure that runs $20 or higher at retail.

Yeah, aren't those supposed to be great? I picked up a NECA Rambo a couple of weeks ago from TRU and mine was the only decent one out of seven. Still had mis-painted nipples. How can anyone miss the sculpted nipples? SMH.

I turn around and see row after row of WWE figures with perfect paint apps, eyes, everything.

I guess, I don't really collect WWE figures. Although, I am interested in the upcoming "classic" Hulk Hogan, Razor Ramon, and "Crow" Sting figure, but I'm not sure when those come out.

I guess, I don't really collect WWE figures. Although, I am interested in the upcoming "classic" Hulk Hogan, Razor Ramon, and "Crow" Sting figure, but I'm not sure when those come out.

I got an Ultimate Warrior, not bad for what they are. I'd be interested in a Hogan, maybe a Razor too. Sculpts are actually dead-on, it's uncanny. I think they use some sort of digital scanning process, it's much better than McFarlane's.

Not nearly as bad as the prices you listed before though, and as I think flore is arguing (and that I agree with), some of these Asian figures are much better values, in the sense that they are much higher quality than what you seem to be getting from DC Direct, or other U.S.-based companies. $60 is the upper end of what I've seen the newer, mass released Figmas go for. Samus and Link were both around $30 for me. Typically they, and the Figuarts stuff, are more like $30-40. And for that price, you're getting something maybe 3 or 4 times better, quality-wise, than the typical DC Direct, Mattel, or Hasbro figure that runs $20 or higher at retail.

I've never had any problems with DCC and my new (btas) Batman figure has flawless paint, so I can't complain. If I had the QC issues other people seem to have, then I would complain and agree with you, but so far I've been lucky I guess.

I want some Batman Animated Series minimates. Too bad DC wants nothing to do with Art Asylum.

Some of the C3 Minimates (including Batman and Joker) were actually from the Justice League and JLU cartoon, and one set was from "The Batman" cartoon. The regular DC Direct Clayface and Harley were pretty obviously inspired by the Animated Series, as well. But yeah, there are lots of missing pieces.

Yeah, I have that C3 one with the little chemical vat. I hate that Batman's cape is purple though, not to mention it isn't BTAS. I haven't looked at them in a while, but I also remember the C3 plastic being quite cheap.

I wish they'd get the license back. I'd love some BTAS and Batman '89 minimates. The C3 and DC Direct sets were okay, but more geared towards the comics. Also, while I like my Kubricks, I prefer the minimate style.

I definitely wouldn't order these online, too risky. You're basically going in blind as to what you're buying. I saw a couple the other day with horribly painted eyes, bat-symbols painted on incorrectly (didn't match up) and smears. Hell, I thought I picked up a perfect one and not only did the ankles break, but there was that weird mold deformity on the side of the torso that the twist tie was covering up.

Online, you're essentially going in blind. A least in stores you get a chance to cherry pick. When it comes down to it, you could even buy 2-3 in a store, open them up, inspect/cherry pick the best one and then take the other 2-3 back. That seems like too much of a hassle in my opinion, but if someone is looking for a "good one", going to the store to see them in person is way better than buying them online from a store that has a random stock photo. Also, it's not like this figure is going to sell out. There are going to be sooooo many of this bastard. It's a wave 1 figure, it's the first figure, it's Batman, it's the holidays and the start of a new year. There's going to be a butt load.
That sucks I hope mine arrive in decent shape. I would buy them from a local place but the problem for me is there isn't a place in town that sells DC Collectibles figures. The closest comic shop to me is a three hour drive so I don't make it too often. Hopefully as the line progresses some of the issues like Batman has are fixed. I definitely don't want to be paying $25 for figures that are going to be breaking. I've had decent luck with DC Direct/DC Collectibles in the past for the most part so its odd they'd mess these up so much.

Do you have a Barnes and Noble or Books-A-Million around you?

Nope. We pretty much just have WalMart and Target for retail stores where I'm at.

Well, I hope the ones you get arrive undamaged and in great shape, plastic, paint and all. Good luck, let us know what you get.

These figures are pretty simple. At $25 a pop, there's no reason we shouldn't have perfect or atleast undamaged figures.

My B&N doesn't have them (yet).

Back