DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Nope. We pretty much just have WalMart and Target for retail stores where I'm at.

I Know the feeling I have to resport to online also.. I'm going with BBTS collector ones or whatever ever they are called...

Disappointing about the QC problems. I was only getting Catwoman in the first wave but my cancel my order until I see some reviews.

I have seen like 5 reviews of Batman and not seeing any breakage....

My figure is great besides a paint smudge. It's so on model. It reminds me of the old PS2 Game seeing the 2D art go 3D. I also hope they sneak a world's finest Superman in there!

I don't. Because I want superman to have his own line :) I was just as big a fan of that show. Came along at the perfect time, although I still wish we could have seen him guest star on btas, so we could have seen an old design look. I remember way back when the dtv releases started, on if the possible ideas was a world's finest movie using btas designs.

I really feel bad for the folks that got hit by the bad QC... I got a good one, and it is seriously one of my fav Batman figures ever. Full review soon, but here are a few quick pics...

tnbabats1.jpg

tnbabats2.jpg

tnbabats3.jpg

tnbabats4.jpg

tnbabats5.jpg

Sallah

Nice pics Sallah. Looks like a pretty sweet figure there, despite the issues that have been brought up.

Well done, sallah. I was really looking forward to these, especially the BTAS figures, but QC issues like broken ankles and shoddy paint apps really freak me out.

I had to cherry pick from my LCS as well.
On 1, the Bat symbol was way off and the right gauntlet hadn't been completely covered by the Black paint, exposing the flesh colored plastic.
On another, there was just too much paint slop and one of the eyes wasn't that good.
I love the extra hands, etc., although I probably won't use them for Bats. All the articulation is fine. For joints like the ankles, I suggest rocking them back and forth, a little bit at a time, as the new factory paint may have caused the joints to stick until you play around with it.
Yes...those holes in the legs are Damn Ugly...especially after seeing the promo pics. I hope it's something they fix for the future waves. I'll probably end up customizing mine and covering them up. I REALLY like the stand!
Still...when you get this guy out of the package, he's got an awesome presence and will look great next to the other figures in the series. Overall I'm pleased.
A.jpg
get-attachment.aspx.jpg

It's amazing how the two different capes drastically change the way this figure looks. The over-the-shoulder cape is the only way to go for me, it just oozes bad-ass-ery!

Nice pic mchaley.I am currently on my way to my LCS to see if they have any new ones in stock.

The cape over the shoulders looks a lot cooler. Matches the model sheets to a tee.

Barnes and Noble has these? I'll check. Mine should be here today. Didn't know B &N has these. My LCS suck at selling figures.

I'll see how mine comes out..Fingers crossed :pray:

No, not yet. The Conic and diamond distributions get then first.

I have all 4 of the first wave on preorder with DCBService but couldn't wait for Bats so I went to my LCS today.
I didn't see any on the shelves so I asked and they brought one out of the back for me. I looked it over, the paint looked nice and I bought it.
I was a little nervous to take it out of the package but went for it.

No foot breakage. Their was a little grey paint on the edge of the over the shoulder cape but was able to get most of it off. The rest of the paint was great on mine. The knees were stuck but I got them moving. The only joint that is still stuck is his right swing out hip. I'm going to leave that alone for fear of breaking his leg off. His head was a little difficult to remove but heated it up and I removed it to out on his other cape.

I absolutely love this figure and will not mind getting another with my preorder which will be displayed with his out of the package cape.
This Batman is my favorite animated design. Even more so than BTAS and much more than his JLU design. Still looking forward to the BTAS version.

Besides Bats, I currently have on preorder:
Catwoman
Freeze
TwoFace
Both Robins
Joker
Harley

Skipping Ivy until they offer a BTAS version. On the fence with ManBat and Croc. When they do offer Penguin. I prefer the the New Adventures version.

watched a video on youtube the guy had his batman 1 leg shorter then the other lol.so batman ended up at a lean and it is very noticable.When I look for mine I will make sure to look at those peg holes on his thigh to make sure they are even across.His peg hole on the left leg was higher then the right leg which caused the uneveness

Back