DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Wait, what?

What's there not to get?

1) I finally get a Batman by ordering it off of Amazon

2) It arrives and I take it out of the package

3) The ankle fresh out of the package is broken in three pieces and falls apart

4) I'm returning it to Amazon for a replacement

I'm not the only one that has had problems with the left ankle specifically, it has to be some sort of assembly error. I'm guess it's because of the twist tie that they decided to put over the ankles. They probably get tightened too tightly/quickly at the factory, which causes the ankle to snap.

Disintegrated is the exact term I used when it happened to me too.

Yeah BOTH of the ankles broke off of my batman and it was the part of the plastic that wraps around the peg - not the peg itself - that crumbled into 3-4 bits.

My Catwoman, however, did not break even with tinier, thinner ankles - because her feet and ankles are made out of a more rubbery plastic. My Batman was made out of this stiff, squeaky plastic that made creaky noises like an old rocking chair when i tried to test his articulation. The frustrating thing about Catwoman, however, is that i can't get her arms or elbows to do much of anything.

I think shrinking these figures was a mistake - if they were the size of the Arkhamverse figures i think the slightly larger joints might have made the animated figures better

Arkham Copperhead has tiny feet with ankle rockers and i haven't heard of any breakage with her. But at the end of the day, we aren't the ones who are paid to figure these problems out lol DC Collectibles toy makers are the ones who were supposed to be on top of this - especially after making us wait nearly all of 2014 for these figures to finally come out.

Maybe it's a problem of poor engineering combined with poor materials? If the joints had slightly more play, they would feel a lot better. The plastic they're using generally feels cheap, like something from a second rate action figure line you'd find at CVS.

And who the heck thought to cast the whole thing in flesh colored plastic?

It looks like DC Collectibles hasn't improved on QC or the plastic they're using. I bought a couple of their JLA classified and Superman/Batman Public Enemies / Vengeance line when they were DC Direct and also had experience with broken joints right after opening the package.

I also experienced figures getting broken while on display and no one touching them.

I'd love to collect this line but afraid to start with all the breakages I've been hearing. :(

What's there not to get?

1) I finally get a Batman by ordering it off of Amazon

2) It arrives and I take it out of the package

3) The ankle fresh out of the package is broken in three pieces and falls apart

4) I'm returning it to Amazon for a replacement

I'm not the only one that has had problems with the left ankle specifically, it has to be some sort of assembly error. I'm guess it's because of the twist tie that they decided to put over the ankles. They probably get tightened too tightly/quickly at the factory, which causes the ankle to snap.

I didn't really know about the issues with these figures, that's the reason I was surprised. I'm caught up now.

Didn't mean to sound like a smartass.

I actually feel really lucky mine is perfect.

QC manager to underling:

no+disintegrations.gif

QC manager promptly ignored.

Another day, another figure broken straight out of the box. This time when I removed the figure the foot was out about halfway from the joint. As soon as I touched it the foot just fell right off. Kind of interesting to note: the broken plastic is glistening slightly, as if there is some sort of glue on it or something? Tough to see in the picture, but it definitely looks like they tried to glue it back together in the factory (I know what this looks like after many attempts at gluing plastic):

You guys are so silly, toys are NOT meant to be played with!

j/k, I'll be opening mine (carefully) when they arrive.

I took the tape off of the backing of my first Batman, but I still haven't been able to bring myself to open it. As long as it remains boxed, I feel like it'll be alright.:lol

Sorry to see that, buddy! :(

Are these relegated to just Batman? Anyone who bought Catwoman experience similar issues?

Catwoman's elbows have been breaking for some people

Hopefully Freeze wont have any issues with his spindly spider legs.

Not mine.

Finding a good quality DC Collectibles figure happens about as often as finding a fifty-dollar bill lying around on the ground. I wish the Figuarts line or Figma could get this license. I rather pay the extra money and know that it will look good and not break in a week.

As much as I was looking forward to these figures I'm gonna wait it out until this problem is resolved.. This is such a shame... DC is gonna kill this line faster than it begins if they don't fix these problems... IF figuarts can make their figures were they don't break why can't DC.. The figuarts are smaller on top of that.... Such a dying shame as I was really looking forward to these figures.. I will pass for now...

Got Freeze & Two-Face today... Both completely problem free.

Sallah

Back