DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Got Freeze & Two-Face today... Both completely problem free.

Sallah

687474703a2f2f32342e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f74756d626c725f6d33783634387778626a317275393971766f315f3530302e706e67

:wink1:

I really love Batman the animated series and was really looking forward to these, but all of these reports of breakage right out of the plastic is very discouraging.

I feel like I really lucked out on my Bats. It's absolutely problem free.

But also the figure was stiff from the shipping in the cold, so I purposely didn't even attempt to mess with any of the joints until it had warmed up to room temperature.

Glad I bailed on this line. The breakages are bad enough but I see too that the peg holes in the upper thighs still look pretty bad. I'm happy for everyone who likes these, but...not for me. I'll be spending my Bat-bucks on the upcoming Tweeterhead Batman Classics statues.

Bought Two Face today - and as i promised my comic book shop owner, i'm opening these right in front of him - - he and the other employee watch in suspense as i tested all of Two Face's joints - and when he DIDN'T break, everybody cheered LOL it was like Dora The Explorer congratulating a small child. YAY DC Collectibles! YOU DID IT! You made an animated Batman character that didn't break! (Sarcastic round of applause)

I bought an extra freeze to repaint. No breakage issues but I still did the heating process first just to be safe. I'm a big fan of this one. I didn't think the articulation would suit his thin design but it works really well.

Picked up Big Bad Harv today. No breaks to speak of, but I'll be leaving his left hip alone as it looks like the pin didn't make it all the way through the hinge joint. Going to wait a bit on Freeze. Glad to see they included the spider legs though. Hopefully we see the BTAS version of him soon although I'll be surprised if they double dip on Two-Face. Really can't wait for Joker and Robin later this month!

15968378126_15003afc77_c.jpg

15808145709_1d681150b2_c.jpg

Picked up Two-Face and Freeze today. These figures are so freaking awesome. My Batman and Catwoman too. I'm all in for this whole line no matter who DC Collectibles put out.

I had the Kenner TNBA Mr Freeze as a kid but I can't resist cracking open his helmet, what kid wouldn't? :lol

I had the Kenner TNBA Mr Freeze as a kid but I can't resist cracking open his helmet, what kid wouldn't? :lol

I didn't. In fact, my Kenner BTAS Mr. Freeze is still perfectly intact since the day I purchased him 20 years ago.

I don't see DC double dipping on Two-Face, his redesign was pretty close to the first look. But I'd but both versions of Freeze if they made the other.

Sorry to hear folks having troubles on these 2 as well. I have heated every figure up right after opening and carefully worked the joints until they were free... Worked on all 4. I did an experiment with a second Freeze (since I wanted one to display as the spidery head). Tried to move the joints without pre-treating... And broke both the foot and hip. So I HIGHLY recommend immediately heating them up to free those joints upon opening.

If you get ones that work, these figures are quite a treat. :)

Sallah

I mentioned the breakage issues I've read about to my LCS owner. She said no reports at her store. Then she chucked a business card in the bag and said to just call if I get a dud, they'll take care of it. Makes me feel better moving forward with the line. Yay small business! :)

I mentioned the breakage issues I've read about to my LCS owner. She said no reports at her store. Then she chucked a business card in the bag and said to just call if I get a dud, they'll take care of it. Makes me feel better moving forward with the line. Yay small business! :)

I had both Bats and Catwoman break on me, Thom. Batman I glued back together, so I lost one ankles articulation. Catwoman's elbows both broke, I returned her and gave the second one a hot water bath to get her joints going before moving her, and she's been fine.... Did the same with Two Face and Mr Freeze yesterday and both seem great! Really love Freeze.... I was gonna send you a pic last night but I'm not sure if you've been getting my photo texts.

Back