Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much as I like Twelve, I get the feeling they've been running out of puff. Hope they quietly retire the series again soon before it goes downhill.

It could end with the Doctor's final regeneration dying, that would be a real cliffhanger!

Dunno, maybe the break will be good for them. You know, make the show exciting again. It's just that every episode seems more and more familiar every season. It might be just me, but I didn't get, the same feeling when a new episode aired for the past, 1 or 2 seasons.

I think the break will be a good thing, it'll give them more than enough time to make all the scripts as good as they can be. There will be no excuse for this upcoming season to have sloppy scripts. :lecture :lol

I think anything that goes against the formula is a good thing now. Maybe that's why Heaven Sent felt so... well, heaven sent. :lol

I'm a bit annoyed to see the Daleks in the teaser though. I know the seasonal Dalek story is a given, but I'm kinda sick of them and I wish they'd be rested for a few years.

I love Capaldi's Doctor, but I have never so looked forward to a showrunner leaving. Steven Moffat can't leave soon enough.

Moffat was an excellent writer doing scripts here and there in the Davies era but he wasn't showrunner material in hindsight. He should stick to writing scripts.

Hopefully Chibnall does well.

Thanks for posting that, I missed it being on shown on Friday. :)

I love Capaldi's Doctor, but I have never so looked forward to a showrunner leaving. Steven Moffat can't leave soon enough.

:exactly: Agreed, I just hope Capaldi sticks around a bit longer after he is gone. He is by far my favourite Doctor of the Nu-Who era.

Finally got around to watching the Christmas Special. I was seriously disappointed especially compared the Christmas Specials of the past. I found the whole thing kind of boring and the connection to the superhero genre kind of meh and uninteresting. I'll be happy to see Moffatt ride off into the sunset as I feel like he is just phoning it in at this point. I really like Capaldi but I feel like the writers don't know what to do with him. The new season seems fun though at least from the preview so maybe this will be his time to shine but throughout the past seasons there have only been flashes of a great character developed and I'm hoping now that Clara is behind him and that they've done the River Song tie together that they can really let him come into his own.

Yep. Capaldi is probably the best actor they have had to play the Doctor. It's a shame that he had to run concurrent to Moffat's tenure as show runner. Here is hoping Capaldi sticks around for Chibnail's run in series 11. Series 10 is the first series of DW that I am less excited about. I am far more excited about Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks.

Looks like Capaldi is officially leaving the show after this coming season. I personally thought the writing was poor for him. I very much disliked the sun glasses and guitar schtick, and have always felt Tenant and Smith were the best Doctor's in the franchise.

Sad but not surprising considering the BBC seems to be winding down the program again...

I was hoping he would have stayed on for a fourth series under chibnall where maybe we'll see better writing and storytelling. It's sad to see him go with only a handful of decent stories under his belt during the pretty awful moffat era...Anyways it will be interesting to see whatever new actress they get will do with the role..

I was hoping he'd stick around one more series. Ah well. : monkey2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too, I really liked him as the Doctor - he was more like the classic-era Doctors, a great actor too - just a real shame about some of the material he had to work with. :( :( I'll be sad to see him go. :monkey2

So wonder who's up next? :dunno

Who's next? Probably a female Doc. They had that General regenerate into his/her original female gender back in "Hell Bent" (or was it "Heaven Sent|-anyway the finale), and the internet is very vocal about it, so...

Who's next? Probably a female Doc. They had that General regenerate into his/her original female gender back in "Hell Bent" (or was it "Heaven Sent|-anyway the finale), and the internet is very vocal about it, so...

I would like to see Bertie Carvel in the role. He was awesome as Jonathan Strange.

Back