Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching a film last night and kept glancing over to Dutch, in low light he looks amazing I just think up close and personal the detailing lets it down. If only the arms and shoulders had a better finish and a bit more care was taken with the paint application.

Really sad to hear about your thoughts on the Dutch Col...really think you must have a dud one bro. Mine is really awesome and is up there with one of the best PF's in the collection. I can recommend another great PF that I recieved yesterday and that is the Joker PF...boy is that another fantastic sculpt and superb paint job by Sideshow!

I'm using old citadel paints (from games workshop) for the cigar application. As for the face paints your not going to believe this but I like to improvise quite a lot and I used my wife's eye liner pencil and rubbed some onto my finger and then very carefully went with the line on arnies face to make it darker. The fact I'm using my finger rather than a paintbrush makes it look more authentic I think. I still need to go darker but this will come with more layers of application. I infact used this method to recreate battle damage on my Iron Man and WarMachine Maquette which you can see in my display thread on show our shelves :yess:

Haha yas I used to be right into warhammer still have paints kicking about somewhere:lol

I was watching a film last night and kept glancing over to Dutch, in low light he looks amazing I just think up close and personal the detailing lets it down. If only the arms and shoulders had a better finish and a bit more care was taken with the paint application.

i think you should just stop collecting if you think this doesnt look good up close. It's one of the top releases from sideshow, closeup look just as good as far away.

In what world does this look good close up?
In gagaliya's world, apparently. :lol
Sometimes, folks just don't let you say one negative, yet constructive, thing against a piece. Even if your overall opinion is favorable, some folks will hammer you just for having a solitary negative point. Don't take it personally. They can't help themselves.

Really sad to hear about your thoughts on the Dutch Col...really think you must have a dud one bro. Mine is really awesome and is up there with one of the best PF's in the collection. I can recommend another great PF that I recieved yesterday and that is the Joker PF...boy is that another fantastic sculpt and superb paint job by Sideshow!

Word brotha I'm blown away by the paint on the joker head, really clean and sharp if you get me. Hope they keep it up for bats.

In what world does this look good close up?

if you put under this kind of magnification nothing looks good. Those holes were on purpose to show the rough skin of dutch, and it works when you look at the whole statue up close.

But if you put your eyeballs directly 1 inch away from his arm with a zoomed camera, no it wont look good.

I am probably one of the pickiest collectors but this is pretty ridiculous.

Edit: i just took another photo, this one with camera a few inches away, looks fine to me /shrug

dutch11.jpg

dutch12.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. How often are you going to be looking at this statue from 2 inches away? I think it looks great. It's one of the best Arnold sculpts out there.

I did say the detail close up is a let down.
I have a pull in the vest, the fingers bleed into the gloves, the paint on his knives and rifle are poor and the skin texture is horrible.
I'm not happy with the quality of mine for £300.
My opinion, end of story.

The deep pock marks on the flesh have always been an issue to me since the first pics were released. The only way I don't see them is if I am across the room from the piece. I can easily see them from a few feet or so away, not merely inches and not merely with a blown up picture. Although, I am not a huge fan of the flesh treatment, I wasn't about to let this piece get away. I also think the paint could have been executed better, dirtier and with more detail. Also, not something that would keep me away. I love this piece and will for years to come.

I did say the detail close up is a let down.
I have a pull in the vest, the fingers bleed into the gloves, the paint on his knives and rifle are poor and the skin texture is horrible.
I'm not happy with the quality of mine for £300.
My opinion, end of story.

I understand you Col...from the pics it does look like you are one of those who have a Dutch with some sloppy paint application...I for one know you were extremely excited about recieving this piece so it's obvious that you are disappointed otherwise you'd just overlook certain mistakes and keep hold of it. What's your next step? Sell it on eBay and take a possible loss or return it to SS?:(

I really, really want to love it, The head sculpt is fantastic.
I've contacted SS but don't know how they will respond?
Sound silly but the pull on the vest is my main issue, I can either touch up or live with the other issues.

Any U.K buyers ever returned to SS?
How does it work with Fed-Ex? Would I still have to pay their bill?

if you can prove with clear photos, sideshow will eat the shipping cost but they will not refund the import duties you paid. A lot of times if the statue cant be resold, they will just asked you to destroy it instead of paying for return shipping, since it cost them about the same to make it as international shipping cost.

Did you get the ex? if not why did you order it directly from sideshow from uk?

if you put under this kind of magnification nothing looks good. Those holes were on purpose to show the rough skin of dutch, and it works when you look at the whole statue up close.

But if you put your eyeballs directly 1 inch away from his arm with a zoomed camera, no it wont look good.

I am probably one of the pickiest collectors but this is pretty ridiculous.

Edit: i just took another photo, this one with camera a few inches away, looks fine to me /shrug

dutch11.jpg

dutch12.jpg

Why does it offend you so much that he has some issues with it? That doesn't take away anything from your appreciation of the statue. :cuckoo:

Don't worry guys my epic review of this manly PF will be here tomorrow to break the tension...

Back