Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dutch PF

That looks amazing but I doubt you will receive that quality paint apps on the production pieces.

It's a real shame and also very annoying that Sideshow are known for sending out products with really shocking paint apps. I wish they would sort it out. It's like you don't have 100% confidence buying something from them.

Not that we should have to. But I would pay a little extra to get a well painted statue or AP.

There are so many hot toys Dutch on eBay since this was announced

im keeping my hot toy figure. its still an awesome figure and is very different from a statue. Cant wait for this statue tho, man it looks good.

im keeping my hot toy figure. its still an awesome figure and is very different from a statue. Cant wait for this statue tho, man it looks good.

The figure was great for the time but somehow it wasn't totally satisfying - the headsculpt aint the best, its got that squashed effect that all Yulli's Arnie sculpts have, the ammo vest on him is too bright brown for my liking and doesn't rest well on him without major futzing - even glueing, and that muscle body limits poseability. I know the PF would have NO poseability but it fixes the other issues and I rather like the pose they chose for him.

The figure was great for the time but somehow it wasn't totally satisfying - the headsculpt aint the best, its got that squashed effect that all Yulli's Arnie sculpts have, the ammo vest on him is too bright brown for my liking and doesn't rest well on him without major futzing - even glueing, and that muscle body limits poseability. I know the PF would have NO poseability but it fixes the other issues and I rather like the pose they chose for him.

The hot toys Dutch and the PF Dutch are separate pieces; they are both rad.

The hot toys Dutch and the PF Dutch are separate pieces; they are both rad.

Yeah ordinarily I don't really compare statues with figures and if I did my own bias would bring me down in favour of the figure but in this case with there being so few official representations of Dutch out there in any format I feel more inclined to compare them. And, even with my preferance for poseable figures, I think this is better.

Well Im only collecting PFs these days so I have been jealous of hot toys collectors since Dutch came out, I'm stoked sideshow finally got round to him - I would love a Dillon though!

I never thought I'd skip an actual Predator or Alien for one of the Humans, but when I look at this statue all my memories of Predator come rushing through my head.. I feel that wonderful atmosphere when I look at this.. And I'm pretty sure this would be easier for them to paint than a Predator.

Even with all that I have on order (SS & Weta), I'll most likely go ahead and PO this. If there's no NRD on 1 Regular and I'm not crazy about the Ex, I'll order the Regular.

Even with all that I have on order (SS & Weta), I'll most likely go ahead and PO this. If there's no NRD on 1 Regular and I'm not crazy about the Ex, I'll order the Regular.

NRD are for both Reg/EX,how can you "not be crazy about the EX" if you don't know what it is ? :lol

I never thought I'd skip an actual Predator or Alien for one of the Humans, but when I look at this statue all my memories of Predator come rushing through my head.. I feel that wonderful atmosphere when I look at this.. And I'm pretty sure this would be easier for them to paint than a Predator.

I've always viewed the first Predator as an Arnie film as much as a Predator film. At the time it was probably approached by most people as an Arnie film - it just happened that they loved the creature and wanted to see it again, hence Predator 2. But Arnie is bad@ss in the film too. This PF is reaaaally tempting and that from a chap who swore he'd only collect poseable figures.

speaking of Dutch here is a re-edit of my current 1/6 puppetry film featuring Hot Toys Dutch.

[ame]https://youtu.be/pD6vOtZq3T0[/ame]

:peace:peace:peace

Thanks Freaks.

NRD are for both Reg/EX,how can you "not be crazy about the EX" if you don't know what it is ? :lol

There are plenty of offerings where the Regular only has a NRD with a purchase of 2 statues; the Ex always has the NRD of course.

I have seen plenty of pieces where I didn't like the Ex (I don't do prints), though I suspect that this will indeed have a must-have switchout head or something. I've got to hit a lottery! :pray:

You know something we don't? Thinking about it a switch out portrait with cigar wouldn't really work. The pose is a very intense stalking one, wouldn't be a good time to light up. Oh well won't be long now. I'm really intrigued what the base will be aswell.

Back