Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dutch PF

I feel like I have enough preds in other forms. The only other company who've tackled Dutch is Hot Toys as far as I know, he's a rarer beast, so for me it'd be this Dutch PF and nothing else, not even the Terminator ones.....at least I...I would hope...

tumblr_lbnkpg5hyH1qedl16o1_500.png

Cigar Arnold thanks you. There will be more for the rest of us.

tumblr_lbnkpg5hyH1qedl16o1_500.png

Cigar Arnold thanks you. There will be more for the rest of us.

Pretty sure in this scene Arnold couldn't get the cigar lit because of the helicopter's propellers...so they had to use special FX to make the cigar look like it was lit by adding a computer generated red "cherry"

Damn I want this thing. If I write "Sideshow" on some $20s and shove them into the DVD drive will that somehow get me this sooner?

Sideshow has released no evidence one way or the other that I'm aware of. I actually think they will do a 1/4 scale Predator, and within the next year or two, but it's pure speculation because we're getting Dutch.

They just released a 1/5 one. Yea, it's very possible they do another one, but with so many other Pred pieces to tackle before then, it makes no sense to go and do another 1/4 now. We will see a P2 pf before another P1 for sure. Not to mention, it would be under the LSF label and prolly cost $2k with an open ES anyways, so you guys might as well go for the much more accurate maquette.

I feel like I have enough preds in other forms. The only other company who've tackled Dutch is Hot Toys as far as I know, he's a rarer beast, so for me it'd be this Dutch PF and nothing else, not even the Terminator ones.....at least I...I would hope...
I agree.
I can't imagine Predator without the Human characters. They're almost just as much a part of the genre for me.

I need one, great Dutch, one great Harrigan, one great Hicks... In a few years I'll probably feel the same about Brody.
This is the perfect Dutch to me..love the pose, sculpt, perfect size.. Since I only really need one, this will be the one.

I pray that if we ever got a Harrigan Maquette, he'd be in the "I SAID DROP IT _______!", aiming at the Scorpio guy, pose..

They just released a 1/5 one. Yea, it's very possible they do another one, but with so many other Pred pieces to tackle before then, it makes no sense to go and do another 1/4 now. We will see a P2 pf before another P1 for sure. Not to mention, it would be under the LSF label and prolly cost $2k with an open ES anyways, so you guys might as well go for the much more accurate maquette.
I don't know that the 1/5 and 1/4 statue audience are the same (nor are the 1/4 scale and LSF audiences), so I'm not sure how much influence that may or may not have. Recall that Sideshow is running the gamut of Preds in 1/5 scale, and P1 is just the first. But as I think we discussed in the 1/5 scale P1 thread, I don't fully get doing a 1/4 scale Arnold by himself right now. Arnold was technically the star of that movie, but of course, he really isn't. The Maquette is very old, and Dutch doesn't stand on his own so well IMO. Without Pred, it's akin to doing Kyle Reese with no T-800 in my book. So I suspect Sideshow has a complementary P1 statue in mind, and may well at least reveal that he's coming very soon after Dutch is released, if not sooner.

I don't know that the 1/5 and 1/4 statue audience are the same (nor are the 1/4 scale and LSF audiences), so I'm not sure how much influence that may or may not have. Recall that Sideshow is running the gamut of Preds in 1/5 scale, and P1 is just the first. But as I think we discussed in the 1/5 scale P1 thread, I don't fully get doing a 1/4 scale Arnold by himself right now. Arnold was technically the star of that movie, but of course, he really isn't. The Maquette is very old, and Dutch doesn't stand on his own so well IMO. Without Pred, it's akin to doing Kyle Reese with no T-800 in my book. So I suspect Sideshow has a complementary P1 statue in mind, and may well at least reveal that he's coming very soon after Dutch is released, if not sooner.

Even if does happen though, we already know SS would price gouge the ____ out of it in the LSF line and possibly even have an open ES, so the same ppl that won't be willing to pay for the 1/4 maquette on the aftermarket prolly won't be willing to fork out cash for a LSF P1, regardless what scale it's in.

Awesome, Just sold my Hot Toys Dutch and this will be a perfect replacement. I wil go for the regular version though, dont care much for the cigar.

Even if does happen though, we already know SS would price gouge the ____ out of it in the LSF line and possibly even have an open ES, so the same ppl that won't be willing to pay for the 1/4 maquette on the aftermarket prolly won't be willing to fork out cash for a LSF P1, regardless what scale it's in.
You may be right about that, and if so, it will be what it will be, but I think Sideshow has the ability to release a new 1/4 scale Pred for less than $800 that would be a "buy" for many that collectors interested in that Dutch. The wacky scaled Wolf LSF confuses me, and I'm not sure what to make of it. Its price and actual scale (1/3?) may be very telling of what to expect in the future in terms of anything approaching a 1/4 scale Pred statue.

Now my predator Maquette will look even better with Dutch by its side, but we will probably have to wait until July next year.....

I know that the Exc is not a must but for the same price I'll get an extra head, which is pretty iconic....However we can seve it by getting the regular at a discount somewhere else and most places won't take a 10% deposit...

It is a great looking piece and not as expensive as it could have been...We paid $320 for PFs 2, 3 years ago and this one is amazing and comes with a great base too....

Cheers

Bear

I was going to say something along those lines. Anyone that think SS isn't going to release a Pred PF has to be kidding themselves. It's a cashcow. Like you mentionned, the maquette is getting old, and they have no PF made of this. Besides, they know it will sell out if they make it.

Back